Bettega named G14 boss (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Bettega named G14 boss
Thursday 2 September, 2004

Juventus Vice-president Roberto Bettega has been elected as the new chief of the G14 clubs.

The Bianconeri legend replaces Florentino Perez, the Real Madrid President, as the new boss of the association.

"I’m very happy and honoured," said the former Italian international. "I’ll look to give my best as I always have, even if I have a little more responsibility now."

Bettega will be aided by Arsenal’s David Dein, Barca boss Joan Laporta, Michael Meier of Borussia Dortmund and Porto’s Pinto Da Costa.

The G14 clubs consist of Juventus, Inter, Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Porto, Paris Saint Germain, Marseille, Ajax, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool, Manchester United and PSV Eindhoven.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
14 biggest club in the Europe are organized and try to push FIFA and UEFA to make the decisions their way...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
Where's Arsenal on that list... They are the only big club missing...
++ [ originally posted by P.E.T.O ] ++
14 biggest club in the Europe
Arsenal were only good very recently, and haven't done much in Europe; it's kind of based on all-time history, which explains why Liverpool are there

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
Other than getting together, chatting about life and drinking coffee, what did G14 do in recent past?
Well they have just get an agreement FIFA to not give their international players for friendlies matches, they will only give them to official matches....

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
if Arsenal is not in the G14, then why is David Dein's name there? :confused:
he's a member of the board ie he helps out in meetings,discusses issues etc. but does not act as a representative of arsenal or any other club but is merely an assistant to bettega.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)