Best team of Seria A -1st week (2 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
The best thing Di Canio ever did was catch the ball in midair after the keeper was down with an injury. He could have easily scored. But didn't he spit on a ref one year?
yeah, that was amazing. It shocked everyone. He got an award for that too.

I think he shuved the ref and the ref fell down. I'm not sure about a spit. He's doneso many things, but the ball-catching is the only positive.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
yep, and he won the FIFA Fair Play award for that... I can upload the clip of that incident if u want

of course, later on he pushed a referee over and later claimed that he dived :rofl:

EDIT: oops, I didn't realise people had already talked all about it

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

wasnt he the guy who stopped the game to give the golie of the other team assistance when he could have scored. ?
Yep.

one great gesture doesn't erase so many negative ones and it doesn't give him the right to bully others later on.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

yeah, that was amazing. It shocked everyone. He got an award for that too.

I think he shuved the ref and the ref fell down. I'm not sure about a spit. He's doneso many things, but the ball-catching is the only positive.

yes. he has done that too.

anybody know if lazio is gonna do something ? like fine di canio ?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
Di Canio is brilliant and is an entertainer. Sure he did stupid stuff like in the Lazio game, but quite frankly, who do you rather take a penalty, An Inzaghi or Poalo Di Canio?

Di Canio just has an attitude problem like many of us in this world.
I'd choose Simone.

Simone has been very patient with Lazio... year after year he's always benched yet a still does well when he comes out...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

yes. he has done that too.

anybody know if lazio is gonna do something ? like fine di canio ?
They wouldn't... these kinds of issues shouldn't be blown up. It should be delt with in the dressing room with a chat. (unless you're Cassano of course ;) )

Jan 7, 2004

They wouldn't... these kinds of issues shouldn't be blown up. It should be delt with in the dressing room with a chat. (unless you're Cassano of course ;) )

in which case the chatting should be done while storming out :groan:

K10

Jul 12, 2002

I'd choose Simone.

Simone has been very patient with Lazio... year after year he's always benched yet a still does well when he comes out...
Once you have some sort of Inzaghi blood in you, I don't trust you.

But you are right, Simone has been very good to Lazio and has done well. I like him.

About fining Di Canio. Hmm, give him one chance, if he does it again, give him another chance, and so on and so on, until he misses. Then Inzaghi can take them.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Well still, di canio may be a bit of a short fuse, but thats what makes him.. him! As hard as nails:)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Inzaghi was in the headlines this weekend following his all too clear public row with teammate Di Canio. The former was the designated penalty taker, but the former Charlton man pushed him off the ball and converted for the victory at Sampdoria.

The shots of Inzaghi fuming in the centre circle while his teammates celebrated suggested there was a clear split within the team, but Di Canio assured the problem had been resolved.

“That goal meant too much for me,” explained the ex-Premiership star. “We talked in the dressing room afterwards and cleared the air. From now on we’ll take it in turns to step up for penalties.”

In a bid to laugh off the situation, Massimo Oddo joked with journalists in today’s press conference.

“I can take penalties too,” said the defender, “but I saw there were already two people arguing over the ball. Had I joined in we would still be there now!”

In other contract news, Parma midfielder Jorge Bolano has extended his spell at the club until 2007 and accepted a large pay cut. This comes just hours after goalkeeper Sebastien Frey also penned a new deal with the Gialloblu.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
That's the spirit Lazio. Keep up the team spirit.

Di Canio and Inzaghi seem to be cool now. I was actually wondering why Oddo didn't take the penalty myself.

Jan 7, 2004
Inzaghi was in the headlines this weekend following his all too clear public row with teammate Di Canio. The former was the designated penalty taker, but the former Charlton man pushed him off the ball and converted for the victory at Sampdoria.

The shots of Inzaghi fuming in the centre circle while his teammates celebrated suggested there was a clear split within the team, but Di Canio assured the problem had been resolved.

“That goal meant too much for me,” explained the ex-Premiership star. “We talked in the dressing room afterwards and cleared the air. From now on we’ll take it in turns to step up for penalties.”

In a bid to laugh off the situation, Massimo Oddo joked with journalists in today’s press conference.

“I can take penalties too,” said the defender, “but I saw there were already two people arguing over the ball. Had I joined in we would still be there now!”

In other contract news, Parma midfielder Jorge Bolano has extended his spell at the club until 2007 and accepted a large pay cut. This comes just hours after goalkeeper Sebastien Frey also penned a new deal with the Gialloblu.

what do you expect them to say :rolleyes:

K10

Jul 12, 2002

what do you expect them to say :rolleyes:
Inzaghi: Di Canio is a jacka$$. So selfish. I wish he never came. That bald punk.

Di Canio: Inzaghi should know whose boss. I mean after all, his brother is Filippo. Who wants an Inzaghi to take penalties when they miss goals with no keeper in the post and all.

gray

Apr 22, 2003

:D I like Oddo's style

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Di Canio: Inzaghi should know whose boss. I mean after all, his brother is Filippo. Who wants an Inzaghi to take penalties when they miss goals with no keeper in the post and all.
So true :D

Jan 7, 2004

Inzaghi: Di Canio is a jacka$$. So selfish. I wish he never came. That bald punk.

i am pretty sure thats what they said privately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)