Best Rock Band Of All Time (2 Viewers)

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
Led Zeppelin for me.

They have influenced rock, rap, classical, electronica,...I dont think any other band comes close when you look at what impact they made in music as a whole.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

James Hetfield is one of the best rythm guitarists on this planet. He has everything if you ask me, but that's another issue. :)

Kirk Hammet is the one who is most like Slash and buckethead. Hammet is one of the most talented guitarists in this world. It is not for nothing that he has been awarded the prize for California's best guitarist. Kirk Hammets solos are not as advanced as Mark Knopfler's but they are extremely well-written and absolutely ****ing great. Hammet can master all types of styles, both metal and blues solos. Listen to the solos in Fade to black and Master of puppets and you will see what I mean.
In my opinion he is much better than Buckethead, Slash is very talented and I'd say he is equal to Hammet .
Funny, on the contrary for me: Hammet is very talented, I would say he is equal to Slash ;)

Nah, he is not equal.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Damn, them Stooges were the psycho-coolest. I was on such a "Raw Power" kick earlier this year (and posted here on it).

Nowdays my retro listen seems to be Big Black's "Atomizer". How can you not love lyrics like:

Never anything to do in this town, live here my whole life
Probably learn to die in this town, live here my whole life
Nothing to do, sit around at home
Sit around at home, stare at the walls
Stare at each other and wait till we die
There's Kerosene around, something to do
Set me on fire, Kerosene
Set me on fire, Kerosene
Set me on fire, Kerosene

Steve Albini was one SMF...

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Maybe Mudhoney? They're very grungy and raw (like "Touch Me I'm Sick"), but they were pretty good. After all, they did influence Kurt Cobain and Nirvana.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
How can some of you say that The Beatles were not a rock band and then go to say that Queen were one of the greatest rock bands? Doesn't make sense...I see Queen as being more pop than the Beatles have been (especially in the latter part of their career).

Oh yes and I agree with those who said Oasis :D

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by polaris ] ++
Led Zeppelin for me.

They have influenced rock, rap, classical, electronica,...I dont think any other band comes close when you look at what impact they made in music as a whole.
this guy kno's his stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)