Best Guitarist (1 Viewer)

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
Jimmy Page is alive and playing. And the best, not only alive today, but probably of all time.
Same old song again and again and again... ;)

My personal fav living guitarists.

Slash - although he seems to have lost it
Frusciente (sp?)
Chris Rea - Gets better and better

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
Same old song again and again and again... ;)
Yes, suppose that's right. The thread was probably started to get some names that were still releasing stuff today, so I'll say Josh Homme for now, but I need to think about it more.
++ [ originally posted by dimassimo01 ] ++
Kerry King from Slayer, without a doubt.
Come on! The man plays a B.C. Rich for Chist's sake! :groan: ;)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
He's good though. Oh and maybe Joe Satriani! Or are Ibanez guitars ridiculous as well?;)

Add Santana.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dimassimo01 ] ++
He's good though. Oh and maybe Joe Satriani! Or are Ibanez guitars ridiculous as well?;)
If you look through some threads you will actually find me, telling about how I considered buying a Satriani Ibanez model. I believe that would answer your question. ;)

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
His stuff with the Mahavishnu Orchestra and Miles Davis is probably best. The best Mahavishnu Orchestra record is The Inner Mounting Flame. If you are looking for something to strike you immediately, download Right Off from Miles Davis album, A Tribute to Jack Johnson. It's a very long song, but McLaughlin and Miles both play some amazing stuff. Send me a PM if you need help finding it.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

If you look through some threads you will actually find me, telling about how I considered buying a Satriani Ibanez model. I believe that would answer your question. ;)
:eek: errr...touché.

OP
Alex

Alex

May 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    As you might know i love GnR's and was keen admirer of Slash. But... then he joined Velvet Revolver... now i have very little respect.

Joe Satriani= skilled but dislike his style
    John Frusciente= the guy is mediocre at rythm but shocking at lead/soloing
    Santana= good but not the best

can't belive no one said K. Hammett yet

Id say Page, Beck or even that Aerosmith dude (damn whats his name)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    best what?

Composer on the guitar?

Best tehnique guitarist?

Guitarist with biggest balls of them all?:D

It is very hard to say one guy is the best.....:)

If you go for composing and getting the best out of the sound of the guitar without any particular tehnique, you have to go for someone like Edge of U2....

If you go for tehnique, the choice is wide open. My vote would go to Stevie Vai/Satriani but thats just my taste :)

If you look for a guy with balls, also, there is lot of choice: Gary Moore, Angus Young, Jeff Heleay.......

And there should be a separate category for guys like McLaughlin & Dimeola. They are in may respects a category on it's own....

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    As you might know i love GnR's and was keen admirer of Slash. But... then he joined Velvet Revolver... now i have very little respect.

Joe Satriani= skilled but dislike his style
    John Frusciente= the guy is mediocre at rythm but shocking at lead/soloing
    Santana= good but not the best

can't belive no one said K. Hammett yet

Id say Page, Beck or even that Aerosmith dude (damn whats his name)
    By Beck, you mean Jeff Beck right? And the Aerosmith guy is Joe Perry I believe. I think it's "something" Perry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)