Best Goalkeeper Thread (2 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
well there's no way buffon has been the best keeper this year..unfortunately only a few of us can see this. Same goes for dp as best striker though to be fair he was exceptional early on in the season

Buy on AliExpress.com

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
well there's no way buffon has been the best keeper this year..unfortunately only a few of us can see this. Same goes for dp as best striker though to be fair he was exceptional early on in the season

step one: I dont consider DP as the best striker or forward. But Buffon is a whole different story. Who was better than him this season? Cassilas? Toldo? Kahn? Rustu? Dida? Frey? Barthez?

who?

no one. Buffon has consistently performed to high level this season.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    ++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++

was hoping ur joking. still am. if ur not then im sorry. just noticed how many threads u started about the best players thing and thought it was time i use this on someone.

i didnt know people with brain cancer get seizures. can u tell me about this?
    Well, my mom had breast cancer in 1998 and I know that she never used to get seizures then, but then last summer she just had one out of the blue so we took her to the doctor and he diagnosed her with brain cancer. Apparently having seizures when you have a tumour in your brain is normal, because they gave her tablets to prevent the seizures.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by jamaliano ] ++
    no one. Buffon has consistently performed to high level this season.
    well this is your main point and I disagree. He has been good generally with some great games and some poor games. Several keepers have been consistently better with the likes of friedel, cudicini and westerveld topping the bill

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    well this is your main point and I disagree. He has been good generally with some great games and some poor games. Several keepers have been consistently better with the likes of friedel, cudicini and westerveld topping the bill
    Buffon had let in less goals and his shots-to-save ratio proves that. Even though Juve have great defenders but the fact that we had let in the less number of goals should also be credited to Buffon. He also won the Scudetto and reached the final of the champions league.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002

no. you less aware of their mistakes and poor performance, because they don't play in a big club like Juventus, and you don't follow them as much as you follow Juve with Buffon.
    Cudicini made some horrible mistakes during the season. he made a critical mistake against Man U and almost critical against Liverpool (he was lucky that Baros touched with his hand).
    Friedel was great this season, but I don't know if he was better than Buffon.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    1. Peter Enckelman
    2. Jerzy Dudek
    3. Fabian Barthez
    4. Alex Brunner
    4. Jurgen Macho
    5. Kasey Keller
    6. Russel Hoult
    7. Emanuele Belardi
    8. Matteo Guardalben

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    IMO he was costant all the season, he didn't do any big mistake, he made also some miracolous saves, and he saved also more than one decisive penalty.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    the reason Buffon uis made to look so good is usually down to the fact we have a good defence and other teams are busy dealing with our attackers before they can mount any decent attacks themselves. Don't get me wrong buffon has been good overall this year, and he is one of the world's best goalies too, but he has NOT been the best goalie in this past year. I don't give a monkeys what his shots to saves ratio is, it doesn't take into account the type of shot..how hard it was to save etc. Cudicini has had many more brilliant saves to make than Buffon and he has saved the vast majority of them. Friedel has been absolutely immense and consistent, they deserve to be considered ahead of him this year

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Of course 4 a goalkeeper is easier to play in a team like Juve than in a team with a bad defence... but this is the same 4 all the roles, the fowards has more occasions, the mieldfielders can play more than interdict, ecc... Thats why is so difficolt to decide who is the best "single" player in one role.
    I say Buffon is the best, but I have to rekon that his job is easier than other goalkeepers.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    yeah OK I can agree with what you're saying there. I suppose its easier for buffon in a way but then the pressure is much higher and mistakes more costly in terms of money. Still Buffon is one of the best goalies and certainly the best young top goalie out there so i'm glad we've got him, even though he was not the best goalie in the world this year, he was certainly one of them in many matches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)