Best Forward Thread (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Thomas Buffel and Filippo Inzaghi at number one... :rolleyes:
How many times do I have to repeat that I only judge the players I have actually watched in action more than once throughout the season?!

Geez... :groan:

And before you start: I haven't included Del Piero because he has been performing well under his normal standards in the larger part of the season. I didn't leave him out because I think he sucks or anything.

Buy on AliExpress.com

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
spt strikers:
Nihat kahveci, ...........................................

I have watched Nihat for several seasons now at Besiktas. He was given first team football by Toshack. He has been tried as right wing player by Scala and also in the turkish NT.

Dont overate him too soon. He has speed and more importantly determination. He cant control the ball closely + his finishing is not world class yet. Yes he has powerful shots but he cant place the ball where he wants.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by Weed Alien ] ++

with a midfield like inter's behind him, im not surprised he only had 3...
    Well look at who Makaay has behind him. Juan Fran, Victor, Mauro Silva, Donato, etc....

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001

Well look at who Makaay has behind him. Juan Fran, Victor, Mauro Silva, Donato, etc....
    fran, victor, and juan carlos valeron provide the bullets and he has a world class stiker up there with him. Thats more than enough!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    RVN and Raul is the perfect patnerscip :thumb:

Vieri, Inzaghi, Henry and Makaay had a wonderful season too.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
    Among Serie A players:

My Top 5 Support Strikers:

1. Adrian Mutu
    2. Alessandro Del Piero
    3. Totti
    4. Miccoli
    5. Di Natale

My Top 5 Centre Forwards:

1. Christian Vieri
    2. Filippo Inzaghi
    3. Crespo
    4. Adriano
    5. Trezeguet

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002

valeron was probs the best playmaker in 01/02, and has tremendous vision..victor and Fran arent that bad either..donato is a defensive player

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

fran, victor, and juan carlos valeron provide the bullets and he has a world class stiker up there with him. Thats more than enough!
    Valeron has been injured for the majority of this season, and IMHO, alot of the chances that Makaay puts away would be wasted by other strikers, including Vieri, Trezeguet, Inzaghi, etc.

In other words, the service to Makaay isn't extraordinary, it's just that he's that good of a finisher. Take nothing away from Raul and Ronaldo, but it's not like if Roy has Zizou, Figo and Bob Carlos putting the ball on a plate for him.

bongo10

Jun 11, 2003
    1.Vieri no question about it
    2.RVN excellent in the box
    3.Henry fast fast fast
    4.Del Piero much batter season compared to last 3 or so
    5.Makaay
    6.Darko Kovacevic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)