Best Defender Thread (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Zanetti, Maldini, Zambro

Why is everyone saying R. Carlos? Since when was he a defender!? :confused: More like a forward

Eop05

Dec 13, 2002
ok, since i don't have too many around me that follow the soccer, i'd like to discuss the best defenders in the world with you guys, and see who you all think are the best.

As for this season, my list would be as follows

Nesta - Started out slow due to adapting to a new team, but has really come on strong and is showing why he's the best center back in the world

Thuram - This guy, IMO, is having his best season yet. He's so solid back there it amazes me. All season. Consistent as anyone else. To me, the best RB in the world

Puyol - No, i haven't seen many games of his, maybe only 5 or 6, but i watched the world cup last year, and man, this guy is tough. He's no Thuram, but this guy is good

Javier Zanetti - Another great RB. He had a wonderful season, and his attacking is better than the above too. I enjoy watching him play. He has great determination

Maldini - After a rough season last year, he's really been consistent this year in the center.

Jap Staam - He's kept Lazio in contention and is one of the main reasons Lazio is the CL next year. Just look at what happened when they lost him against Porto (4-1 loss).

Roberto Carlos - I hate the man, but he can do it all. And has been one of the most consistent Real players this season.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Zanetti, Maldini, Zambro

Why is everyone saying R. Carlos? Since when was he a defender!? :confused: More like a forward
    If Roberto Carlos isn't a left back then I daresay that Zambrotta isn't one either.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    ++ [ originally posted by my_hitzJUVE ] ++
    how about ashley cole?
    I've only seen a couple of his games this season so I can't say that he has been better than say Roberto Carlos who I have seen play time after time this season.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    ++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
    Maldini .. Nesta .. Canna .. Thuram
    Cannavaro has been far from impressive this season, and Maldini has played as a CB for the most part of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)