Beslan hostage taking (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'm sure you've all heard about this over the last 3 days. Terrorists took over 1000 children, parents and teachers hostage in a school in Beslan, Russia. Today, after 3 days, the Russian special forces stormed the building. At least 20 terrorists are dead, as well as over 200 hostages, while over 700 are dead.

FFS, what the fvck is wrong with the Russians? Cant they resolve these kind of things without killing hundreds of people???

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Well, it's suspected they were Chechen, but some reports are saying that some of them were Al Quaeda.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    Dont no what 2 make of it all I think these extremests are going about things the wrong way. I mean taking kids hostage they don't really care about world opinion a big mistake if you ask me.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    you think taking kids is gonna get u anywhere if this stuff hadda happened we would never be where we where today but u havta say what drives those to takin kids hostage
    ??

somthings must be bad to resort to this just ask cherie

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    Depends. some could be just freedom fighters liberatind their land from occupation and some like Al-queda are fighting for world domination, depends on your polictal views I suppose.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by bringhomedavids ] ++
    Depends. some could be just freedom fighters liberatind their land from occupation and some like Al-queda are fighting for world domination, depends on your polictal views I suppose.
    I see, thank you.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I'm sure you've all heard about this over the last 3 days. Terrorists took over 1000 children, parents and teachers hostage in a school in Beslan, Russia. Today, after 3 days, the Russian special forces stormed the building. At least 20 terrorists are dead, as well as over 200 hostages, while over 700 are dead.

FFS, what the fvck is wrong with the Russians? Cant they resolve these kind of things without killing hundreds of people???
    Wasn't there a similar situation a couple of years ago in Russia? Which ended with many dead hostages as well? I thought Russia received lots of criticism for their acts back then :confused:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    World domination :D.
    Can you see an Al Qaeda book entitled "What the Romans couldn't do" :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Wasn't there a similar situation a couple of years ago in Russia? Which ended with many dead hostages as well? I thought Russia received lots of criticism for their acts back then :confused:
    Yep. A year ago Chechen rebels took 800 people hostage at this musicle opening in Moscow. When the army stormed in they killed all the terrorist + about 200 of hostiges.

This time around the same picture. They destroy terrorists, but at what cost? Hundreds of civilians dead. And we're talking about CHILDREN here!

River

Jun 15, 2004
    There isnt peace in Northern Ireland. Some people just drove a digger into a pub today and petrol bombed the place. People are still being killed every day. And IMO negotiating with terrorists and letting convicted IRA killers out of jail isnt the way to do it. NI terrorist organisations are on ceasefire now because things have been put into perspective by the worlds terrorism problem. They wont be gone forever and either way innocent people are still dying while killers walk the streets. Great system.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    Supposidly they didnt plan to storm the building, a terrorist accidently set set off the bomb attached to herself, the kids ran out, terrorists started to shoot at them so the Russians returned fire to protect the kids and then stormed the building. They didnt have much choice.

But this whole thing is a mess, the russians look like they dont know what they are doing. They should have had the place secured and not have people walking around everywhere. Its a mess.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Supposidly they didnt plan to storm the building, a terrorist accidently set set off the bomb attached to herself, the kids ran out, terrorists started to shoot at them so the Russians returned fire to protect the kids and then stormed the building. They didnt have much choice.

But this whole thing is a mess, the russians look like they dont know what they are doing. They should have had the place secured and not have people walking around everywhere. Its a mess.
    I know, I followed it on CNN before I went to school. But it's a hostage situation FFS, they should have been prepared for things to go wrong, instead of storming in like a headless chicken. In these cases you have to have a plan, a backup plan, and a backup for the backup plan for every imaginable situation.

This kind of shit (this many casualties) wouldnt have happend in Europe or the US.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

Yep. A year ago Chechen rebels took 800 people hostage at this musicle opening in Moscow. When the army stormed in they killed all the terrorist + about 200 of hostiges.

This time around the same picture. They destroy terrorists, but at what cost? Hundreds of civilians dead. And we're talking about CHILDREN here!

ffs

River

Jun 15, 2004

I know, I followed it on CNN before I went to school. But it's a hostage situation FFS, they should have been prepared for things to go wrong, instead of storming in like a headless chicken. In these cases you have to have a plan, a backup plan, and a backup for the backup plan for every imaginable situation.

This kind of shit (this many casualties) wouldnt have happend in Europe or the US.
    Certainly. They should have swallowed their pride and accepted the help im pretty sure was offered.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    Exactly. The same thing happened when the Nuclear Submarine Kursk sunk, they refused international help that could have save the lives of the 180 men on board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)