Benfica look to keep Miccoli (2 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Benfica have opened talks about making Fabrizio Miccoli's loan deal into a permanent move.

The Italian striker joined Benfica on loan from Juventus last summer after dropping down the pecking order at Stadio Delle Alpi.

Miccoli has impressed at Benfica during his loan stint and Ronald Koeman is keen to keep him at Estadio da Luz.

Juventus have admitted they are willing to sell Miccoli and Benfica are thought to be lining up a three-year deal for the diminutive hit-man.

Meanwhile, Miccoli has been included in the squad to face Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League this week after returning to action last weekend with the winner against Estrela Amadora.

-Sky Sports

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
he's impressed at benfica?i thought he wasnt getting any noticeable playing time.but who cares.sell him and make a statue outside the dell alpi in his honour from the money generated.and give a free coke to anyone who promises to throw rocks at the statue everytime juve are playing.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Ah, another opportunity for a fantastic piece of business. The better Miccoli does the better it is for us; if he manages to knock Liverpool out tomorrow night his value will skyrocket - hopefully.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
It is a real shame, he really has the talent and he should have been the player to replace del piero in the team.

I'll never understand why Moggi and the coaches were so against Miccoli and even Maresca for that matter.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
I hope that he plays well and then let`s get rid of him as fast as possible. I want to see him never ever wear our black and white jersey again.

Azzurri10

Mar 7, 2006
Adrian said:
It is a real shame, he really has the talent and he should have been the player to replace del piero in the team.

I'll never understand why Moggi and the coaches were so against Miccoli and even Maresca for that matter.
Everybody, gather 'round me
I got somethin' I wanna tell you

Miccoli never quite lived up to his hype. A great player at a small club, a small player at a great club. He might have been good enough to set the crowds on fire in Perugia, but he just didn't cut it at Juventus.

As for Maresca, something was off with him. I don't think Juve would have let go such a talented player, if he really was all we thought he was.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Azzurri10 said:
As for Maresca, something was off with him. I don't think Juve would have let go such a talented player, if he really was all we thought he was.

I miss Enzo, soo Fvcking much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)