Benedikt Höwedes (11 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
lets see, i dont feel that confident with CBs as fullbacks anymore
I understand that. Im taking this decition most likely because i dont want any distractions from our main objective which is to build a stellar midfield no less.... and for that we need to maybe erase our whole midfield bar Pjanic and betancurt.

Its a tough task in itself.

Howedes also played as RB no? Barzagli i dont know hhow many years passed since he played RB before allegri brought that back into the table.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I understand that. Im taking this decition most likely because i dont want any distractions from our main objective which is to build a stellar midfield no less.... and for that we need to maybe erase our whole midfield bar Pjanic and betancurt.

Its a tough task in itself.

Howedes also played as RB no? Barzagli i dont know hhow many years passed since he played RB before allegri brought that back into the table.
yes, midfield obviously has priority, but with AS decline and MDS injury record, fullback positions gonna need some strengthening as well. Howedes if he can stay healthy is good to have as 5th CB/3rd RB-LB, so i wouldnt be against keeping him for a role like that. but we are pretty much set even without him, Caldara-Benatia-Chiellini-Rugani as CBs and newRB-MDS-Spinazzola-AS/lewLB as fullbacks, so this move is not a priority for me

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ok, we are in the same line then.

Thats why i think that Darmian will be bought, because he can play both wings, the same as MDS.

MDS and Darmian will rotate the wings depending on the needs, and Spinazzola and Howedes will be the players who will not rotate, one staying at the LB department and the other at the RB department.

My only worry is both our RBs would be injury prone as hell, and i would be betting on both of them staying healthy...which feels risky as hell.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Ok, we are in the same line then.

Thats why i think that Darmian will be bought, because he can play both wings, the same as MDS.

MDS and Darmian will rotate the wings depending on the needs, and Spinazzola and Howedes will be the players who will not rotate, one staying at the LB department and the other at the RB department.

My only worry is both our RBs would be injury prone as hell, and i would be betting on both of them staying healthy...which feels risky as hell.
Darmian and MDS give nothing going forward. Howedes too. I think one of the problems this season is how little we have got out of our wing backs going forward. It puts more strain on the midfield to create, and when you have Matuidi and Khedira there it isn't going to work.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Darmian and MDS give nothing going forward. Howedes too. I think one of the problems this season is how little we have got out of our wing backs going forward. It puts more strain on the midfield to create, and when you have Matuidi and Khedira there it isn't going to work.
Thats the trick. Matuidi and khedira shoudnt even sniff the starting 11 if we do things right.

Your concern about the fullbacks is legit tho, as we will need to unleash serious money to find not one but 2 good starters for those positions to have some kind of attacking prowess at them

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
€4M? Sign without question. A very solid defender that can play anywhere in the back. Considering out injury record and the fact that we're expected to lose 3/4 of our fullbacks? Hell yes you sign him.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
where did that 4m come from? i guess it was just a reported offer by marotta, and it wasn't even reported that schalke are accepting/considering that. even at 30, höwedes would worth (wörth, ha-ha) much more than that.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
where did that 4m come from? i guess it was just a reported offer by marotta, and it wasn't even reported that schalke are accepting/considering that. even at 30, höwedes would worth (wörth, ha-ha) much more than that.
Maybe he will abuse the fact that the guy is a walking injury to lower his price

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Howedes 'struck by Juve mentality'
By Football Italia staff

Benedikt Howedes was “struck by the Juventus mentality, as the slogan 'Fino alla fine’ – to the end – is omnipresent.”

The 30-year-old defender is still on loan with Juve undecided whether to activate their option to buy from Schalke 04 for a total €15.5m.

The option would become mandatory after 25 appearances, but he has made only three, scoring one goal.

“The thing that struck me about Juventus is the mentality,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“The slogan here is 'Fino alla fine’ – to the end – and it’s omnipresent. In this season there have been so many games where we sealed it in the final minutes, most recently against Inter.

“We are a side who never give up and that means we have a great mentality.”

The German international has suffered from a series of injury problems, which limited his playing time in Turin.

“The match against Sampdoria was special for me, as I played my second Serie A game and also managed to score a goal. The fans let me feel their warmth, just as the team and whole staff did. They were very happy for me.

“It would be fantastic to win the Scudetto and we hope to play these last few matches well to lift the trophy into the sky. I have so far only won a German Cup, so if we were to win the League title, it’d be a first in my career.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)