Belgium Bans The Burqa (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
People should wear what they want, but in certain places I don't feel comfortable seeing people in full body suits where anything can be concealed. Airports for example, I'm a nervous flyer as it is without people causing me more stress.

A solution to this could be more tighter inspection of women wearing a niqab or a burqa. As long as the inspection is done in a private room and by a woman.

btw, i don't know if you have these extreme cases in Europe, but some of them here also wear gloves over here :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
ßüякε;2475259 said:
Bah it should be by a guy.

:D

I thought only a muslim could touch another muslim or something like that...

So you can't touch Rab then if that were true.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Well, I'll speak for Sunni Islam for a bit. Feel free to correct me if you understand differently.

As you might know, there are four major Sunni schools and they all differ in Burqu/Hijab issue. Hanbali school (official and followed Saudi and gulf) requires Burqu as an essential part of Hijab and some say it's only like that in the past 2 centuries when Saudi Arabia first followed this school and it was derived from Saudi Arabian old culture. While Shafe'i (followed in Egypt and other areas) say that Burqu only compulsory if the lady is in a situation that her honor/pride can be compromised (my family follows, generally, that school). Another school (don't remember which exactly) says Burqu is only required if the lady is extremely beautiful that she couldn't pass by without notice.

So, generally, Fred is correct it has more to do with culture and situation than straight rule.

PS. also the black color women wear u usually see in TV is just a cultural thing NOTHING says it has to be black and it's origin is well known.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
While i'm no expert, and i'm no "faqeeh" in any way, where do they get such a7kam??

Quran and Sunna explicitly states that a woman's 3awra does not include her face.

Sorry people for using a few arab words, i don't know their equivalents in English i'm afraid.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I know what ijtihad is mate, what the heck, is this 5th grade Islamic studies? :D

Bas ma feeh ijtihad fe amr waqa3 feeh nas shar3y.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Right, but think of it this way, it's not an obligation but rather what a husband/brother/father asks from his wife/sister/daughter. wa2tha bod5ol had min baab 2ita3it walee 2il 2amer 2o 2ita3it 2il walidayn wal zawj...etc.

This is one of the sayings on this subject, doesn't mean I agree with it though.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
People should wear what they want, but in certain places I don't feel comfortable seeing people in full body suits where anything can be concealed. Airports for example, I'm a nervous flyer as it is without people causing me more stress.
If you knew the things people can stick in there asses and hoohas, you'd never feel safe.:D

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
While i'm no expert, and i'm no "faqeeh" in any way, where do they get such a7kam??

Quran and Sunna explicitly states that a woman's 3awra does not include her face.

Sorry people for using a few arab words, i don't know their equivalents in English i'm afraid.
I'm no Faqeeh either, but from what I know and understand is those faqeehs have different interpretations or different scripts (is that the right word?) all together.

and yes I agree with you 3awra does not include hands nor faces but as i and JBF have said culture contributes to it ..

problem is, it's hard to find an impartial all knowing scholar around here; its either impartial or the other .. :confused:

maybe just Sheikh Yousef Karadawi or Sheikh Salman al-Oudah.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I can understand why a girl wants to wear a burqa, it makes her feel safe and annonymous and I can understand why a man is in favor but what I don't understand is why they also do this in another country
I travel a lot and when I'm in let's say HongKong I live by the rules and laws of that country.
when muslims or whoever come to Europe they should do the same
in Belgium nobody wants to see cloaked figures in public places because that gives everyone an uncomfortable feeling
it will soon be against the law so why make a fuss about it, especially when you say it is a cultural thing
it's not a country that should adapt to you, you should adapt to the country you live in

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
But it fundamentally goes against the freedom of choice. If the laws had been in place for hundreds of years then it isnt a problem, it is the countries choice and the islamic community should therefor have to adhere to it to be allowed to live there. But this law has come in to discriminate against the Islamic community and the EU should do its fucking job like they should have done in france and stop(ped) the ban.

If you are going to claim its for womens rights, then you make it illegal to be forced to wear one, you dont make it illegal to wear one because then you are doing the polar opposite of what you intend to stop.

Its a ridiculous situation. The only issues to do with the Burqa in Britain comes from intollerant biggots. Fortunatley they dont hold enough power to ban it here, unlike in other countries.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
if a population of a country feel a threat with a group of cloaked people should the population adapt or does that relatively small group have to adapt
I personally don't mind it as long as you see the face but I feel uncomfortable with these inpersonal burqa
you just don't know who or what is next to you
this just isn't custom in Europe so why do they do it?
they want to be annonymous but they attract even more attention by doing this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)