Battle thread (1 Viewer)

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
I noticed some people here are into rap/hip-hop and therefore i have taken it upon myself to present the battle thread. Its a fun way to match your wits against for example someone who is rooting for another team(Topicbattle).

Anyone who wants can battle but there are some rules though.

Also to decide a winner i need at least three other people to act as judges, i will gladly take on the responsibilty to be one of them when im not battling myself. If anyone finds im not capable enough to be a judge then i would be happy to prove them wrong:D

There are many different rules and variations of internet battling

For those of you who are new to battlin the objektive is to outsmart your opponent and "diss" him in a clever and funny way. The person who the gets the majority of the votes from the judges wins.

General RULES

1. It has to rhyme
2. No offensive language. Standard Juventuz rules. If you feel the need to curse do it in camoflauge mode or you will get banned from Juventuz.
3. Only the judges can declare someone winner. Otherwise it would be too easy to manipulate.
4. Before a battle starts you need to establish what type of battle it is Speedbattle,Standardbattle,Topicbattle (more on variations later).
5.A challenge must be put on the table and if accepted by the other person the type of battle will be established and the battle will start. The two people battling must come to an agreement before the battle starts. If anyone breaks the established rules the battler to do so will forfeit.
6.No biting= Its not allowed to take another artists lyric and show it off as your own, It is allowed to borrow certain lines but only to certain extent. If biting is spotted that person will forever be blacklisted.

Since not every judge will be online at all times it will take some time for judges to declare a winner so please be patient.

First i have too see if anyone is interested in this, Are there any knowledgable Rap/hip hop fans that would like to participate as judges?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Shoryuken

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++
    Burke and Andy are two who are knowledgable in Rap and Hip Hop..

Me, as well, though it's been a while.. :D
    Cool,:) youre in, ill post the judgin criteria later when i have found two more judges. Andy doesnt like me very much so i doubt he will do it. Burke maybe.

Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

Cool,:) youre in, ill post the judgin criteria later when i have found two more judges. Andy doesnt like me very much so i doubt he will do it. Burke maybe.
    oh, lol, yeah.. forgot about that.. :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
    Well, yea........

But my internet has been out for two days, I am in the library at Shepherd right now.
    And the bartenders at most libraries suck. I feel your pain.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Just kidding on that one, Bes. No bartenders. This is Puritan America, for crying out loud.

...But you can use your library card to borrow firearms. No Brady-bill waiting period either. :D

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Just kidding on that one, Bes. No bartenders. This is Puritan America, for crying out loud.

...But you can use your library card to borrow firearms. No Brady-bill waiting period either. :D

or you can do what micheal moore did ;) and i know you are kidding

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

I don't hate you, dogg. We just got too heated in a debate, that's all.

And yeah, I'm in even though I suck at freestyling.

OP
    Shoryuken

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I don't hate you, dogg. We just got too heated in a debate, that's all.

And yeah, I'm in even though I suck at freestyling.
    Allright! Im glad we see shit the same for once;)

So thats me, Nawaf and you Andy. Thats three judges. But it seems interest in this is low though so maybe just one judge will do for now. What do you think?

Anyway heres the Voting Regulations

- Votes must be explained
    (Comment on vocab, wordplay, flow, punchlines, disses and overall rhyme)
    - Use quotes to support your vote
    - Vote Fair

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    This will be a bit unfair, don't forget that Andy has English as his native language, so he will have a big advantage over the others.

OP
    Shoryuken

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
    This will be a bit unfair, don't forget that Andy has English as his native language, so he will have a big advantage over the others.
    Vocab doesnt score too many points, The most important for standard battle(explain later) are disses, punchlines and flow. Of course it doesnt hurt to have a big vocab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)