Battle Royale (1 Viewer)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
I wouldnt say it was disturbing.... interesting subject matter ...yes but disturbing... nah

At least it had a valid point to make, and was well made.

I thought it was a good film..... enough to buy the dvd anyway!!

OP

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    Paul, sorry. :D I realize "disturbing" may have sounded depreciatory, and believe me I wasn't submitting some sort of negative judgement. For the record, you and I are actually on the exact same beam. I'd even say I ran out of breath watching it. But fact is that it is a disturbing movie. How you would call that? Subversive, controversial? Anyhow, I seriously doubt Battle Royale would be allowed to be released in here. Violence involving kids must be the biggest taboo. Many leagues of morale wouldn't take it, there's still some kind of traumatism regarding everything that touches children. Only in Japan you see these things. But I don't mind that at all. Those are usually the better subjects of them all to make an interesting movie. Especially if the subject is treated with an undeniable estethical and lyric talent. I may buy the DVD myself one of these days.

Erik, neither did I before last Thursday. Here's IMDB's presentation of the movie if you like. I really recommend it. :) http://us.imdb.com/Title?0266308

Ciao.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)