Barzagli snubs Juventus interest (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Barzagli snubs Juventus interest Thursday 19 May, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrea Barzagli has committed his future to Palermo despite transfer interest from Italian giants Juventus.

The youngster has been heavily associated with the Bianconeri but he’s ready to see out the five-year contract that he signed at the Stadio Barbera last summer.

"I’m not thinking about leaving here," he said. "The only thing that can change that is if the club decide to sell me.

"I’m very happy in this city and at this club. I’ve had a great year and all I can see in my future now is a great holiday and Palermo."

Barzagli has enjoyed a fine campaign since his move from Chievo Verona at the start of this season.

His form has been so impressive that the central defender is now a regular Azzurri squad member too.

Juve are looking for some new defensive options as they do lack cover for Lilian Thuram and Fabio Cannavaro.

They will also lose Ciro Ferrara, due to retirement, and Paolo Montero in the summer after the latter admitted he’s looking for a Spanish move.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
:yawn: quotes taken out of context again. He never said that he didn't want to leave Juve, he was simply being diplomatic and saying that he wouldn't think about moving unless the club decided to sell him.

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
:yawn: quotes taken out of context again. He never said that he didn't want to leave Juve, he was simply being diplomatic and saying that he wouldn't think about moving unless the club decided to sell him.
exactly. and when Moggi pulls out the chequebook, Palermo will want to sell him.

And then you'll read: "It's a great honour to join a club with such a history. I've always been a bianconero, and I rate Cappello as one of the greatest coaches in Europe. I still have to learn, and I think Cannavaro and Thuram will help me! Playing the Champion's league is also a dream for me. I'd like to thank the Palermo supporters for their loyalty!"

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++

exactly. and when Moggi pulls out the chequebook, Palermo will want to sell him.

And then you'll read: "It's a great honour to join a club with such a history. I've always been a bianconero, and I rate Cappello as one of the greatest coaches in Europe. I still have to learn, and I think Cannavaro and Thuram will help me! Playing the Champion's league is also a dream for me. I'd like to thank the Palermo supporters for their loyalty!"
:D:D

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Well, he probably not gonna be first choice at Juve for the first season, and that might mean he is not going to the World Cup next year, so I think he thinks its better to stay at Palermo and command a first team place.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
we have Tudor, Kovac and Masiello. that's enough for now. :D

and maybe Coda in a couple of years+ primavera player Criscito.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
Well, he probably not gonna be first choice at Juve for the first season, and that might mean he is not going to the World Cup next year, so I think he thinks its better to stay at Palermo and command a first team place.
I think this seems like the most logical explanation, Barzagli is good and young but he will be pressured to compete with cannavaro and thuram who are doing very good this season. PLus Masiello and probably Kovac.

ALthough I think he will be happy to accept Juventus, but he is not desperate for the move as he has gotten the national call up through Palermo.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think its important to get a player like him. he is a good young defender who wouldnt expect a starting place in our team. he could learn and be slowly implemented into the starting line up over the next year or two.

i dont see him snubbing juve if the offer was there. In fact, every young defender would be stupid to not be on the lookout for Moggi with the ageing problem the team has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)