Baroni and Emmanuello: "We can do better" (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

The Primavera clinched their third consecutive victory and went through the Viareggio Cup tournament as leaders of their group. However, the 1-0 result against Città di Marino didn’t give the right satisfaction due to the development of the game. The Bianconeri’s performance wasn’t great due to the defensive aggressiveness shown by the opponents (Carfora abandoned the pitch after 10 minutes because of a bruise), and due to both the pitch and the weather conditions found in Quarrata.
“We can do better” commented the coach Marco Baroni and the midfielder Simone Emmanuello who is living his first experience in the competition in Viareggio.
Baroni: “General conditions weren’t good, but we didn’t display a good play, especially in the first half, and during the break I got angry. I usually expect to have difficulties in selecting these lads, instead I wasn’t able to see their right determination. In the second half, we improved, we chased after the victory and we managed to clinch it. The tournament is giving positive results, but I’m sorry for Ruggiero’s injury. He’s a fundamental element. Moreover, I’m also sorry about what happened to Carfora: I hope that there’s nothing serious. Now, we’re focused on Tuesday because we are going to address very tough games."
Emmanuello: “We‘ve found an aggressive and tough side. Especially in the first half, we weren’t well arranged on the pitch and we didn’t manage to deal with ball circulation. After the break, the manager changed the system into a 4-4-2 and we improved, being also able to score thanks to Bouy who sealed the victory thus allowing us to finish this first stage at the top of our group table. We’re a good side and we can achieve important objectives, but in particular we know that we can do more- My first Viareggio Cup? Our coach has given me the chance to play in the last two games, I hope to have been good enough to take advantage of this opportunity, and I hope to continue in this way for the next matches.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)