Barcelona are becoming new Inter on Transfers (1 Viewer)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
They dont have enough money to back all these signings. Expect mass sellings in 2 years.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I don't understand that either. You must have a strong squad, but why rebuild the team from scratch? Especially if you had a great run in the second have of last season.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
why you say that barca dont have money? ffs, they're one of the few clubs that can allow themselves to play without shirt sponsor.

They are 60 mill euro in debt. i heard on eurosport.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
But comparing Both Barca and Inter...IMO Barca, with all these signings, can win the title next year..but Inter,mmmm, I don't think so

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
The thing is, that Barca bought good players.#
Deco is world-class, same goes to Larsson and Giuly. They also strengthed their defense with Belleti and Silvinho, two good players for the full-back positions.

Inter took Veron, who IMO is just past and should retire from football, the "very talented" left-back Favalli, the even better Cambiasso, a player I even hate more than Ronaldo.
IMO Inters only good signings so far were Burdisso, who won't even have a starting shirt, and Davids, who will get a flag in his face from me, when he plays in Turin :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
I don't understand that either. You must have a strong squad, but why rebuild the team from scratch? Especially if you had a great run in the second have of last season.
Which was in large part due to Davids, who they stupidly failed to hold onto

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
Barca's Transfers have spurred out of control this seasons

they are signing players left and right irrespective of positions and what players they already have in the squad

meaning they are just becoming like Inter

After trying to get ridd of all their dutch stars

Barcelona have proceded to Sign

Silvinho and Belleti as full backs

Larsson and Luis Fabiano in attack

Deco and Ludovic Giuly as creative midfielders

considering their is only one attacking space in Barca since Ronaldinho has the free role....

and this attackign space is taken up by Saviola Barcelona have now free players to fight for that single spot..

as for Deco And Giuly spot that is already taken up by home favorite Xavi
and it looks destined that some of the players will loook forward to spending a whole season on the sideline share your VIEWS!
I think you're wrong. They have signed players to replace those which they are losing and to fill gaps in their squad. They needed finishers and Patrick Kluivert is leaving so the signings of Larsson and Fabiano make perfect sense and were brilliant, IMO. As for Silvinho and Belleti, I can't see how those players were not needed with Cocu and Reizinger leaving. As for Deco and Giuly, Deco is coming in to replace the dissapointing Quaresma and possibly to play the attacking role next to Ronaldinho in a five man midfield. Giuly is coming in to replace Overmars who was a winger and forward, which happens to be what Giuly offers. It seems to me that they are building a strong and balanced squad, not at all like Inter who sign playmakers and forwards without regard for anything.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I think you're wrong. They have signed players to replace those which they are losing and to fill gaps in their squad. They needed finishers and Patrick Kluivert is leaving so the signings of Larsson and Fabiano make perfect sense and were brilliant, IMO. As for Silvinho and Belleti, I can't see how those players were not needed with Cocu and Reizinger leaving. As for Deco and Giuly, Deco is coming in to replace the dissapointing Quaresma and possibly to play the attacking role next to Ronaldinho in a five man midfield. Giuly is coming in to replace Overmars who was a winger and forward, which happens to be what Giuly offers. It seems to me that they are building a strong and balanced squad, not at all like Inter who sign playmakers and forwards without regard for anything.

Very true

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I still think that Barca will need one more def. midfielder to become nearly perfect. With Maniche, they would have a great side.

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    Sorry I don't see Deco and Quaresma as the smame position

neither do I understand why Kluivert needs to be replaced by 2 players when he hardly played a game during the spring....

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
    Sorry I don't see Deco and Quaresma as the smame position

neither do I understand why Kluivert needs to be replaced by 2 players when he hardly played a game during the spring....
    Deco plays the free role as a playmaker, but he used to play on the right wing as Quaresma does. Furthermore, if you notice Deco in a gema he favours moving to the right side of the field and he's a brilliant crosser. Quaresma and Deco are both players who are natural playmakers, but have the pace to be great wingers also.

I explained the purchases of Larsson and Luis Fabiano as being necessary be cuase 1. the club needed a finisher and 2. Kluivert was leaving. Larsson is the direct replacement for Kluivert, while Luis Fabiano is a great finisher (something Barca has needed for some time) and he is one for the future.

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
    Barca is replacing players that are leaving.

Out: Kluivert, Overmars, Cocu, Rezhiger, Davids

In: Bellati, Silvinho, Giuly, Deco, Larrson

Look at their sqaud. They only have TWO true forwards in Larrson and Saviola. If Juve had such a sqaud, you would be yelling at Moggi to sign more players. Inter has like....6 or 7 forwards and over a dozen midfielders? Barca is not Inter at all. If anything Barca need more players as they do not have good cover for defense. Any time Puyol is injured they have problems for example.

They are in debt but the Barca president has agreed to payment terms with the banks. Also when you have a stadium that can hold over 100,000 people and are the love of an entire region of a country you can generate a lot of money quite easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)