Barca trying to spot players very early! (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Erik Lamela, a 12-year-old Argentine soccer sensation, looks set to leave his home town of Buenos Aires to join the junior ranks of Catalan giant FC Barcelona.
Barcelona arrived at an agreement with Lamela’s parents, news reports said Sunday.
Under the arrangement Lamela’s father, Jose, would be provided with a job in Barcelona, the family would receive a payment of 500,000 euros (US$620,300) over four years, and the club would provide for Erik’s schooling, the reports said.
“I have all the doors open,” Lamela’s father said.
If the deal goes through, Barcelona apparently would have beaten a handful of other clubs, including AC Milan, Arsenal and Buenos Aires powerhouse River Plate, where Lamela is currently signed.
According to a TV report on the CNN+ channel, Lamela has already scored 200 goals in his short career.
He is comfortable in the center midfield but can also play wing, a versatility Barcelona talent scouts spotted.
Barcelona’s interest has sparked a heated debate in Argentina where the media reported on Friday that fans and critics were debating whether it was too early to send the player abroad.
A Barcelona press officer, who asked not to be identified, confirmed the club’s interest.
Lamela caught Barcelona’s eye this year during junior competitions in Spain and France.
But the source said Lamela’s family would need to move to Barcelona to receive a study and sports grant that could possibly lead to a future senior team signing.
Argentine media had earlier reported that Lamela could receive up to 120,000 euros (US$148,000) annually in Barcelona.
Lamela’s father – speaking with Argentine network TodoNoticias – said the family was studying the move seriously.
According to sports daily Marca, Barcelona president Joan Laporta did not feel it was too early to express an interest in a potential star.
“Guillermo Amor was 11 when he arrived here,” Laporta told the newspaper.
Eleven-year-old Leandro Depetris left the juniors of Argentine club Union de Santa Fe for Italy’s Milan, in 2001.
Depetris later returned to Argentina and played with River.
Argentine Lionel Messi left for Barcelona when he was 13 from Newell’s Old Boys.
Barcelona would have to wait until Lamela reached the legal working age before he could be formally signed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Real Madrid signed a 8-YEAR-OLD English kid, a couple of months ago, it was in a national newspaper in Britain!

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    I know what you mean, an 8 year old, that is just dumb.

Gotta go now, bye bye. Like my new sig!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    take care mate, cya later

meh, I don't care whether he kisses Juve's badge or not. As long as he's scoring goals for us, it makes no difference to me :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    bah, I was just making fun of the sudden influx of Roma players to Juve and implying that they're not gonna be able to hold onto him...

guess it didn't work :down:

okay, that's my definitely cue to get some sleep for real

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    bah, I was just making fun of the sudden influx of Roma players to Juve and implying that they're not gonna be able to hold onto him...

guess it didn't work :down:

okay, that's my definitely cue to get some sleep for real
    hehe, see ya later mate. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)