Barca plan Zambrotta bid (8 Viewers)

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

cassano wasnt amazing he jus scored some goals and a few tricks didnt really make a massive contribution is comparisont to rambo, who was a constant threat on the left side and the teams best wideman.
In the land of the blind the one eyed is king.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Are you loony? What about Buffon?
What about him? We could sell him for 50 million and get a keeper whose equally good. If not better and build the best defense in the Serie A.

There's Carini, Cudicini, Abbiati, Dida, Cech, Cassilas to name a few talents .

So dont tell me Buffon is irreplaceable. Sorry to burst your bubble but he's not.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
do u consider abbiati and carini at the same class as buffon or even near his class??no way
as about the rest,they are good and i cant really compare them to buffon as each one has its own opinion but clearly buffon is much better than abbiati

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

What about him? We could sell him for 50 million and get a keeper whose equally good. If not better and build the best defense in the Serie A.

There's Carini, Cudicini, Abbiati, Dida, Cech, Cassilas to name a few talents .

So dont tell me Buffon is irreplaceable. Sorry to burst your bubble but he's not.
All of the keepers you listed are inferior to Buffon except for Cassilas and Cech who are only as good. Furthermore, we could not get Cassilas from Real or Cech from Chelsea, no matter what we offered them, so he is in fact, indispensable.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Carini is overated, Cudicini is more error prone, Dida will never come here, Abbiati just isn't with it. Why in Sam's hell would we sell Buffon? Stupid decision.

As for Zambro, nope. Not gonna happen. He will stay at Juventus.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
we could get canizares or frey who are both equally as good,if not better,than buffon.
Canizares is a lot older than Buffon and if you think that Frey is better than Buffon you're a bit off. Frey is a fine keeper, don't get me wrong, but Buffon is technically superior and Buffon has a lot more experience, especially in europe and at the international level. Frey might have better command of his area and a better positional sense, but I think that Buffon's strengths outweigh Frey's.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Canizares is a lot older than Buffon and if you think that Frey is better than Buffon you're a bit off. Frey is a fine keeper, don't get me wrong, but Buffon is technically superior and Buffon has a lot more experience, especially in europe and at the international level. Frey might have better command of his area and a better positional sense, but I think that Buffon's strengths outweigh Frey's.
buffon has practically failed to convince me time and time again that all that hype and that huge transfer fee would translate into consistently good performances.frey on the other hand would cost far less and add alot of solidarity to the team with his astounding reflexes and positional sense.

sebastian has both style and substance,gigi has less of both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)