Barca plan Zambrotta bid (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Barca plan Zambrotta bid
Tuesday 6 July, 2004

Spanish giants Barcelona have set their sights on signing Gianluca Zambrotta from Juventus.

Nou Camp boss Frank Rijkaard has requested a new left-back and the Italian is a top target.

Spanish sources suggest that a bid is imminent for the former Bari player even if it is likely to be rejected.

Zambrotta is one of the few players at Juventus who are considered as untouchable on the transfer market.

He is now one of Europe’s best left-backs after being transformed into a defender by former Juve boss Marcello Lippi.

The 26-year-old was a recognised right-sided midfielder but he was converted after Juve signed Mauro Camoranesi.

If Barca fail to land the Azzurri regular, which is likely, then they will turn their attention to another Euro 2004 star.

Porto and Portuguese defender Nuno Valente, Ashley Cole of Arsenal and Udinese’s Marek Jankulovksi are all possible alternatives.

Barca have already had a busy transfer summer so far after signing Ludovic Giuly, Henrik Larsson and Deco.

Football Italia

==============

imo zambrotta wont be going anywhere. he was linked with barca before too, but he said he's not interested in move. but i'm worried because if barca fail to sign zambrotta (which is likely to happen), they could sign janko.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Zambrotta to Barca? Yeah, right. The club have already labelled Buffon, Zambrotta and Del Piero as indispensable, and I don't think this is subject to change. Barca would have to offer something close to a new world's record fee, or give us Puyol in exchange.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Zambrotta to Barca? Yeah, right. The club have already labelled Buffon, Zambrotta and Del Piero as indispensable, and I don't think this is subject to change. Barca would have to offer something close to a new world's record fee, or give us Puyol in exchange.
thats why I didn't post this "news" when I read it! ;)

btw. give us Puyol for Zambrotta????
The only way I see an exchange deal to happen is if Ronaldinho is being offered!

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    if they give puyol and some money :D, i wont mind it, otherwise they can fvck off :D

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    I would definetly swap Puyol for Del Piero. I wouldn't want to lose Del Piero but with Puyol and Zambrotta we would all of a sudden have one of the best defenses in the world. If we would get Chivu as well it would be the best. Just look:

--Puyol---Thuram--Chivu--Zambrotta--

It doesn't get much better.

But that was not the topic...

I don't believe this wil happen, Zambrotta is not for sale and Barcelona does not have any money left (I suppose
    ).

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    I'd swap Puyol for Del Piero, but not for Zambrotta.

**expecting hail of critisism for this** :)
    well when I C Juve supporters wanting to C
    Del Piero being sold or exchanged for one player after the other
    I can't help thinking if any Inter fan would had liked to C J. Zanetti or
    a Roma fan being keen on seeing Totti, their Club Symbols' being changed or sold!!!!

I don't have anything against seeing the better player playing in our squad, even if it means Del Piero taking a place on the bench, but talking about we must sell DP and stuff makes me wonder if they aren't right
    when they say when U support the Zebras U are nothing but spoiled and don't care about anything else than just seing your team collecting 3p!!!

:undecide:

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    if they offer Puyol+Ronaldinho+Giuly+Saviola for Zambrotta...

I'd still say NO!

Zambro is our only true value with Buffon and the ageing Nedved.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++

well all I think when I C Juve supporters wanting to C
    Del Piero being sold or exchanged for one player after the other
    I can't help thinking if any Inter fan would had liked to C J. Zanetti or
    a Roma fan being keen on seeing Totti, their Club Symbols' being changed or sold!!!!

I don't have anything against seeing the better player playing in our squad, even if it means Del Piero taking a place on the bench, but talking about we must sell DP and stuff makes me wonder if they aren't right
    when they say when U support the Zebras U are nothing but spoiled and don't care about anything else than just seing your team collecting 3p!!!

:undecide:
    I very much respect your opinion.

And you're right, for someone like me 3 points (or going through) is more important than anything else.

But along with that, I am fundamentally against making some players "Symbols" of clubs, and this applies to all the sports. That's just the way I am... :frown:

Romano

May 22, 2004
    Yes Del Piero has his moments, but I still respect him.

Zambrotta? THE BEST DEFENDER IN THE WORLD !
    Fvck Barcelona, they making intress in everybody...

OP
    The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
    Difference between Barcelona and us is that Barcelona actually by some of those names their linked with.

:dielaugh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)