Barca destroy Real (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++

Unless God himself comes down to stop them, this team will win the Champions League Final.

Thats what Ive been saying but everyone contradicts me

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah -- my vote for the CNN/World Soccer poll this month has to be Barca. "Ma la stagione è duro e lunga" -- but the season is hard and long, as they say.

Barca is not getting the competition this season from a tail-spinning, disgruntled Real Madrid, and Valencia has fallen off the map. But a lot can happen between now and the CL final -- injuries, tough defenses (like ours with the ex-Parma triangle :thumb: ), etc., all could derail these guys. Still, I picked them in the final 4.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++

Unless God himself comes down to stop them, this team will win the Champions League Final.
I highly disgaree with that statement. Barcelona are reckless when it comes to defending, and love to keep possesion, throwing the wingbacks down the flanks at all costs. One bad touch by Belletti would leave Barca in trouble. But a team who has a solid defense, while having great counter-attacking capabilities, can cause Barca a lot of problems. Milan did not look all that convincing, and Ancelloti's tactics were completely stupid (never sit back against Barca), but on aggregate they still would have progressed. Clubs such as Milan, Chelsea, Valencia, and Juventus are teams which could cause Barca trouble. Puyol is a great defender and all, but he is no superman; Oleguer and him cannot always fend for themselves against wave after wave of counterattacks. This Barcelona is not much better than the Real Madrid of 2003 which we beat 4-3.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I dont think Juventus would cause Barcelona trouble. In fact, in december I will be praying we dont get them in the knockout stage

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
I dont think Juventus would cause Barcelona trouble. In fact, in december I will be praying we dont get them in the knockout stage
Your underetimating Juventus my friend. Imo Juve's midfield is much more solid which will run the game. Barca would be the team in trouble if they face Juve.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Yesterday you saw how Barcelona had Madrid playing in their part of the field for the whole second time, and that same thing happened in the game against Milan. Is it a coincidence that theyve danced around with two of the 'best teams in Europe' so far this season? I dont know. All I think is that it will take a REALLY good team to stop them - you all saw how Ronaldinho also danced around 'saint' Alessandro Nesta to score a goal.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Yesterday you saw how Barcelona had Madrid playing in their part of the field for the whole second time, and that same thing happened in the game against Milan. Is it a coincidence that theyve danced around with two of the 'best teams in Europe' so far this season? I dont know. All I think is that it will take a REALLY good team to stop them - you all saw how Ronaldinho also danced around 'saint' Alessandro Nesta to score a goal.
Well, the game against Milan was a result of stupid desicions by Ancelotti for defending after they scored the opener.

As for Real, i really wouldnt call them one of the 'best teams in Europe' anymore or untill they get that stupid idea of buying famous players for marketing. These days any team could beat "Real Madrid", even Lecce :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

As for Real, i really wouldnt call them one of the 'best teams in Europe' anymore or untill they get that stupid idea of buying famous players for marketing. These days any team could beat "Real Madrid", even Lecce :D

We all know that :D yet they still top the rankings- and its not like they have average players

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
We all know that :D yet they still top the rankings- and its not like they have average players
Those ranking's only talks of Real's past. THEY SUCK NOW :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I highly disgaree with that statement. Barcelona are reckless when it comes to defending, and love to keep possesion, throwing the wingbacks down the flanks at all costs. One bad touch by Belletti would leave Barca in trouble. But a team who has a solid defense, while having great counter-attacking capabilities, can cause Barca a lot of problems. Milan did not look all that convincing, and Ancelloti's tactics were completely stupid (never sit back against Barca), but on aggregate they still would have progressed. Clubs such as Milan, Chelsea, Valencia, and Juventus are teams which could cause Barca trouble. Puyol is a great defender and all, but he is no superman; Oleguer and him cannot always fend for themselves against wave after wave of counterattacks. This Barcelona is not much better than the Real Madrid of 2003 which we beat 4-3.
Agreed

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

I'd just like to remind that if Milan-Barca had been a semifinal, Milan would have got through thanks to their not conceding a goal at home;)
I'd cheer for milan if they meet again, and i also think milan can kick barca out of the CL, Milan didn't show Yet their worth

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Like I stated before Fabi, if Ancellotti would have told his team to attack more they wouldn't have had the ball in their half of the pitch for 99% of the final 45, thus not giving Barca as many opportunities. Plus, if I remember correctly, Milan's midfield was without Gattuso and/or Seedorf, which are obviously huge losses for Milan. All that I'm saying is don't get caught up in the hype, they have not proved anything to me yet. Nobody has.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Yeah -- my vote for the CNN/World Soccer poll this month has to be Barca. "Ma la stagione è duro e lunga" -- but the season is hard and long, as they say.

Barca is not getting the competition this season from a tail-spinning, disgruntled Real Madrid, and Valencia has fallen off the map. But a lot can happen between now and the CL final -- injuries, tough defenses (like ours with the ex-Parma triangle :thumb: ), etc., all could derail these guys. Still, I picked them in the final 4.

Yeap...
Ill say that without doubts barcelona is the team that isplaying better when thay attack,,,, is just a privilege to seee them playing and i wish from heart that Juve will play like them someday.

But they are not umbeatable...and a lot of things can happen,

BTW...How good was that game yesterday XD

poor real jajaja

Apr 12, 2004
No team in the world is "unbeatable." And I think the reason for Real's downfall is the same reason why they are so good. They have too many superstar egos within the team, Figo, "Gayham," Ronaldo, R. Carlos, Mikey "I'm worthless" Owen, they all think they are the best players in the world, that they control the team, well guess what, you can't have a good team when the team can't even agree on who the better Spice Boy is: "Gayham," or Guti.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)