Barca confirm Trez bid (1 Viewer)

Square

Oct 6, 2002
Barca confirm Trez bid Saturday 6 March, 2004

Barcelona President Laporta has confirmed his interest in David Trezeguet, while the Juve star suggests his future will be clear in a month.

“Trezeguet is our prime target for next season,” revealed the Barca patron at the FIFA Centenary gala in London.

The Italian and Spanish press has been filled with speculation that a £25m move to the Nou Camp is being lined up.

The French international has struggled to find form this season and it has been even more difficult to negotiate a new contract with Juventus.

The Turin side would be more than happy to release him in order to bring in a more physical target man such as Lazio’s Bernardo Corradi or Ajax giant Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“I am obviously flattered by the interest from Barcelona,” smiled Trezeguet, “as they are one of the biggest clubs in the world.”

His current deal with the Bianconeri expires in June 2005, so a sale would have to be made this summer to avoid losing him to a free transfer.

“I want to know my future within the next month,” noted the former Monaco star. “Either I extend my contract with Juventus – a side I want to give 100 per cent to for the remaining weeks of this season – or I will start looking around at other options.”

For several years the highly successful striker was thought to be a main target for Arsenal, where he would hook up with fellow French international Thierry Henry, but Barcelona now seems to be the most likely destination.

Trezeguet was in the same room as Barca chief Laporta during the Gala this week, but insists they have not yet negotiated terms.

“I saw him,” revealed the Juventus star, “but we didn’t talk much. Perhaps it was because there wasn’t time, as I had to step on to the stage and pick up an award.”

Trade links between Barcelona and Juventus are strong after Edgar Davids was loaned out to the Spaniards in January.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar6f.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
What award did Trez receive?

I wouldn't mind if we got Zlatan as Trez's replacement, but I wouldn't be overly thrilled if we got Corradi in.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I say go for it. I've never been big on Trezeguet and 25m is alot of money. How much do you guys think Zlatan, Cisse or Drogba would cost?

OP
Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    well it definately seems as if trez is gone.

im not too fond of corradi. zlatan would be good but i would prefer someone from the youth ranks.

cavenaghi is another possibility. AND PLEASE people dont just fling names around without any foundation. cavenaghi could come because salas wants to stay there.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Chelsea have confirmed that they have placed a bid of €35m for Juventuz and France star David Trezeguet. Trezeguet, who was subject of a smaller bid from Barcelona earlier in the week, would help fill the gap left by strikers Eidur Gudjohnson and Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink, both of whom are thought to be leaving in the summer, unhappy with the squad rotation system that sees them battling stars Hernan Crespo and Adrian Mutu for a place in the starting line-up.

The French international has struggled to find form this season and it has been even more difficult to negotiate a new contract with Juventus.

The Turin side would be more than happy to release him in order to bring in a more physical target man such as Lazio’s Bernardo Corradi or Ajax giant Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

His current deal with the Bianconeri expires in June 2005, so a sale would have to be made this summer to avoid losing him to a free transfer.

“I want to know my future within the next month,” noted the former Monaco star. “Either I extend my contract with Juventus – a side I want to give 100 per cent to for the remaining weeks of this season – or I will start looking around at other options.”

For several years the highly successful striker was thought to be a main target for Arsenal, where he would hook up with fellow French international Thierry Henry, but Barcelona's bid alerted Chelsea to his availability.

OP
    Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    and moggi has publicly said that cavenaghi is the only replacement for trezeguet.

BIG NAME MOVES THIS SUMMER BABY!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    What award did Trez receive?
    I was asking myself the same question :D

I wouldn't mind if we got Zlatan as Trez's replacement, but I wouldn't be overly thrilled if we got Corradi in.
    Nah, Corradi isn't good enough. He's good, but I want somebody that can rack up 20+ goals per season. If we're going to get Corradi we could as well just stick with Trez.

OP
    Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    bloody hell theres offers flying all over the place! lol im loving this.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    :greedy:35 Mils???!!!!:greedy:

now thats a lot of money....we should take Torres as Treze replacement

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Chelsea have confirmed that they have placed a bid of €35m for Juventuz and France star David Trezeguet. Trezeguet, who was subject of a smaller bid from Barcelona earlier in the week, would help fill the gap left by strikers Eidur Gudjohnson and Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink, both of whom are thought to be leaving in the summer, unhappy with the squad rotation system that sees them battling stars Hernan Crespo and Adrian Mutu for a place in the starting line-up.

For several years the highly successful striker was thought to be a main target for Arsenal, where he would hook up with fellow French international Thierry Henry, but Barcelona's bid alerted Chelsea to his availability.
    Anybody noticed JuventuZ and France star..? :D

Anyways, back to topic - 35m for Trez? Hell yeah! That'd be sweet! :greedy:

PS. What do you guys think about Auxerre's Cisse? Cavenaghi's cool but I like Cisse alot. He scored a class goal last week :thumb:

GRAY : I think you misunderstood my post. I was actually agreeing with you on the fact that Corradi isn't good enough.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Nah, Corradi isn't good enough. He's good, but I want somebody that can rack up 20+ goals per season. If we're going to get Corradi we could as well just stick with Trez.
    you say corradi isn't good enough? you think cisse and drogba would be capable of bagging +20 goals per season? cisse is a big talent but he's a premiership material, in serie a he would be a flop. and drogba is a flop already imo. it's either zlatan or cavenaghi who is just too young and inexperienced to be juve's main striker so i think it will be zlatan. wonder how kezman would do though?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    oh okay, cos u started by saying "nah, corradi isn't good enough", as if i said he was ;)

Damn this is exciting. 35m for Trez!?!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
    :greedy:35 Mils???!!!!:greedy:

now thats a lot of money....we should take Torres as Treze replacement
    Torres has immense potential, but he's more of a support striker. We need a target man.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    oh okay, cos u started by saying "nah, corradi isn't good enough", as if i said he was ;)

Damn this is exciting. 35m for Trez!?!
    Yeah, this is exciting, but it won't be if we sell Trez and get Corradi...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++

you say corradi isn't good enough? you think cisse and drogba would be capable of bagging +20 goals per season? cisse is a big talent but he's a premiership material, in serie a he would be a flop. and drogba is a flop already imo. it's either zlatan or cavenaghi who is just too young and inexperienced to be juve's main striker so i think it will be zlatan. wonder how kezman would do though?
    My very simple theory is that if Trez can score 20+ goals per season, then so can Drogba and Cisse. Probably Zlatan too, but I'm hesitant about players like Cavenaghi and Kuranyi because as you said, they're too young and inexperienced to be our main striker.

Sep 28, 2002
    i doubt that. i really dont see drogba as a player who could do very well for top club like juve. he could join some midtable team somewhere in england. cisse just isnt created for serie a, besides, he is very different from trez so i doubt he would score 20. in premiership he would be explosive though. kuranyi? i dont know too much about him.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I think that Cisse would be very successful in any major European league, whether it be Serie A, the EPL or La Liga. Players are sometimes built for certain styles of play, but imo Cisse is one of those guys that could conquer more than just one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)