Barca close in on Tacchi (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I don't see how that makes any sense. Lippi isn't here anymore and Capello would give him playing time. Why wouldn't he want to come back?
No,Capello wouldn't give him playing time.He pubicly favours Blasi ( :wallbang: ) and gave Moggi the green light for his departure.I'd be surprised if he still wanted to play under him.

Besides,I can imagine Miccoli persuading him to stay in Florence.With every good match Enzo is having,our hopes of getting him back diminish.:(

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
doesn't it strike you as odd, that two successive coaches didn't want Maresca eventhough he is supposed to be the serious shit. Maybe he really isn't all that good.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I think that Maresca is good. He was better than any other Juve-player in the previous season. Together with Zambrotta...

Miccoli I dunno about, but he's still better than DP right now :D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
I think that Maresca is good. He was better than any other Juve-player in the previous season. Together with Zambrotta...
You can't be serious. How can he be joint best player when he didn't even play regularly?

Sep 2, 2004
Laporta: Tacchinardi Can Still Be Ours
12/19/2004 9:24:00 PM
Joan Laporta has confirmed that Barcelona can still sign Alessio Tacchinardi, despite reports suggesting that Juventus have told the Catalan club that he is not available.
The Barça president believes that the fact that the defensive midfielder is not playing regularly for Juve will work in his favour when an official approach is made.

"That is the main reason why we believe that the door has not been shut," said Laporta. "Besides, Juventus still have the possibility of signing another midfielder in January .

"The deal is still possible, but we do not have hurry to sign anyone. If it was really urgent we would already have done a deal.

"Rijkaard has not pressed the board to bring someone in and is happy with the squad and with the team."

goal.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

You can't be serious. How can he be joint best player when he didn't even play regularly?
Every time he got the chance, he delivered. He was in a great form, but Lippi refused to field him too often. Appiah was shite, Tacchinardi too. Maresca did a great job! but maybe im blinded by the fact that he wasnt so very good really, it was just all the others who sucked and couldnt reach their normal standard?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Every time he got the chance, he delivered. He was in a great form, but Lippi refused to field him too often. Appiah was shite, Tacchinardi too. Maresca did a great job! but maybe im blinded by the fact that he wasnt so very good really, it was just all the others who sucked and couldnt reach their normal standard?
Well, Tacchinardi and Appiaj did suck pretty bad, but I don't agree that Maresca was a lot better. He has more skills than either Appiah or Tacch, but he didn't really excell, I don't think. I mean, of course he's going to look better because he can contribute to both attack and defense, rather than just one. I don't think that his contribution was immense to either area, except on few occassions. Furthermore, I'd wager that he's no better, and probably worse than Blasi and Emerson, so what would the point be? He obviously doesn't want to be anyone's back-up, so either one of them has to leave or Enzo does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)