Ballon d'Or 2016 (1 Viewer)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
:tup:

100% agree about Griezmann and Messi. Griezmann carried and had more influence in a weaker team reaching the CL final (inb4 Simeone brilliant tactics lol), was also Frances, a team thats weaker to Messis Argentina and playing in more elite competition, best player in them reaching the EURO final. Literally carried them there. Also in La Liga got his team so many 1-0 and 2-1 victories with his game deciding goals. What keeps him behind Ronaldo is the fact he choked/underperformed in the finals he carried his teams into (Ronaldo wasnt much better either tbf) and that Ronaldo won those major trophies. Still enough to be ahead of Messi (who plays with 2 other 2016 top5 players, another important fact) and 2nd only to Ronaldo
Except zach is saying griez had a better year than ronaldo lol

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's close. But Ronaldo scored 16 CL goals, won the CL, scored the decisive penalty and then went on to win Euro 2016 even if he didn't play a big role in the final. Apart from Juve players Griezmann might be one of my favorite players, but Ronaldo's win was fully deserved.

I'd probably have picked Griezmann over Messi though.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when I cared about such things. Then I turned 12.
The only people really caring are Messi and Ronaldo fanboys. Obviously it's nice when one of your favourite players wins it (Nedved getting it was nice), but I think most football fans care very little. In the end you just want your team to win trophies.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Comparing performance and decisiveness, Griezmann was obviously playing better then Messi this year, and arguably Ronaldo.

Both players are excellent at racking up the stats when playing shitty the average fuck, but griezmann performances and goals in key games makes him the deserved winner.

And no, this isnt an award for player with the highest potential, but who was actually the best this year.

Nedved would nave never ever won a ballon d'or when Zidane and Ronaldo were playing if we went by that measure
Man utd offered 70m for him.hyped player!

Attachments

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He deserves it but still a huge asshole:
- His interview with france football: me, me, me and... me
- Be mad if my team win but I don't play right
- Be mad if my teammate score in front in a empty net and don't look for him first
- Throw FK in a way that not even Pele could score

He could still being an awesome player without those stupid behavior

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Vardy won the EPL.

I'm aware.
Just as I'm aware the fact that he and his team got knocked out by Iceland during the euros.

I'm sorry, but your argument only proves my previous point.
He deserves to be there, just not that high.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I understand your concern, but let me explain plz

France was shit. really shit. Except Griezmann who kept his amazing form going. Carried them to the final.
Portugal was also really shit. Ronaldo honestly didnt impact them much on the field, only the dressing room

Take away both players and portugal is still in the final whilst france certainly would have gone out.

Club level. Ronaldo scored an insane amount of goals. But how many times was he truely decisive in the big games ? Against the germans yea, flash of absolute brilliance. Griezmann was carrying a much inferior athletico team on his back.

If we are going by "shitload of goals scored", where is Higuain in this list btw ?

Ronaldo is a deserved winner.

But i consider Griezmann to have performed better

- - - Updated - - -

Just imagine how great Man U would be if they had Greizmann right now. :lazy:
Imagine if United decided to buy Verratti and Griezmann instead of money dab ho and random miki

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I understand your concern, but let me explain plz

France was shit. really shit. Except Griezmann who kept his amazing form going. Carried them to the final.
Portugal was also really shit. Ronaldo honestly didnt impact them much on the field, only the dressing room

Take away both players and portugal is still in the final whilst france certainly would have gone out.

Club level. Ronaldo scored an insane amount of goals. But how many times was he truely decisive in the big games ? Against the germans yea, flash of absolute brilliance. Griezmann was carrying a much inferior athletico team on his back.

If we are going by "shitload of goals scored", where is Higuain in this list btw ?

Ronaldo is a deserved winner.

But i consider Griezmann to have performed better

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine if United decided to buy Verratti and Griezmann instead of money dab ho and random miki
Lol love you bro don't ever change

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Even if you decide to care about the award for some reason, you've got absolutely no reason to care about anything but the first 2-3 places.

Look at the full results, and how voting is done, Vardy is that high mostly because one random journalist from Vanuatu put him first in his list.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Even if you decide to care about the award for some reason, you've got absolutely no reason to care about anything but the first 2-3 places.

Look at the full results, and how voting is done, Vardy is that high mostly because one random journalist from Vanuatu put him first in his list.
And he is a member of the Vanuatu Leicester City Supporters Club, no less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)