Baldini or Sartori? (2 Viewers)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Who is Sartori exactly and what is he doing now?

I know Baldini and his youth signings have been great. We can't deny Roma has some good youngsters on the squad, but they may be just luck.

Any other candidates?

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
I don't want Platini. The guy's a walking scandal and the symbol of everything that's wrong with FIFA.

Have people actually thought about Platini? I see people screaming his name every 5 minutes, but I don't see what's so great about him.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Matteo.. said:
I don't want Platini. The guy's a walking scandal and the symbol of everything that's wrong with FIFA.

Have people actually thought about Platini? I see people screaming his name every 5 minutes, but I don't see what's so great about him.
Apparently he does not have a cellular phone :D . Why is it that people come on here and say stuff like i dont want this person here cos of his past associations or talking bad about Juventus in the past. Noone can erase what they have said in the past, some of it is out of anger and frustration, some of it is out of spite but it should never preclude the best person for a job cos of something he said. Are you sure Emerson never slagged Juve in the past? Did that stop him from giving 100&? Did that stop Nedved? And you cannot say Nedved as a lazio player was fond of Juventus or Buffon, thuram and Cannavaro whilst at Parma? Capello has said unflattering things when he was at milan and Roma but he still won 2 scudetti. Its never a good idea to be ruled by emotion.

Mozart

F*ck the media
Feb 3, 2006
I want our Beloved Conte to be the general director...As he already had the taste of being a coach....he wont only benefit as from that aspect...he could be our moral booster when it comes to vital moments.....

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
Apparently he does not have a cellular phone :D . Why is it that people come on here and say stuff like i dont want this person here cos of his past associations or talking bad about Juventus in the past. Noone can erase what they have said in the past, some of it is out of anger and frustration, some of it is out of spite but it should never preclude the best person for a job cos of something he said. Are you sure Emerson never slagged Juve in the past? Did that stop him from giving 100&? Did that stop Nedved? And you cannot say Nedved as a lazio player was fond of Juventus or Buffon, thuram and Cannavaro whilst at Parma? Capello has said unflattering things when he was at milan and Roma but he still won 2 scudetti. Its never a good idea to be ruled by emotion.
exactly thats why we need the best man for the job whoever he is

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Tuesday 16 May, 2006​

Juventus have handed the reins of the club to Carlo Sant’Albano, while ex-Roma man Franco Baldini admits he could take over.

“A shareholders’ meeting has been called for May 19, in which there will be an update on the club’s operation and to hand power of administration to Carlo Sant’Albano,” read a statement.

Born in Torino in 1964, Sant’Albano spent most of his life abroad in Colombia, Brazil, Scotland and the US.

He has been the director general of Ifil Investments Spa – the financial company run by the Agnelli family and which controls Juventus – since February 2006.

The move was made necessary after the entire Board of Directors resigned in the wake of the scandal over intercepted telephone calls and alleged match fixing.

Luciano Moggi (pictured), Antonio Giraudo and Roberto Bettega – the so-called Triade – were among the big names to step down.

It’s now reported that Juve will revamp the club next season with the arrival of former Roma director of sport Franco Baldini.

“Will I join the Bianconeri? Maybe yes, maybe no,” said the ex-Giallorossi transfer guru when he was questioned by journalists.

The scandal over alleged collusion with referees has shaken the calcio world to the core and today Giulio Rossi was named as the temporary head of the Federation.

“What we have here is a great opportunity to wipe out the current leaders and start again, but even that won’t be enough unless we change the rules,” added Baldini.

“We all have to take a step back, because the problem is that even the best of us were involved, if not by actively taking part, then at least by turning the other cheek.”

Juventus may have just celebrated their 29th Scudetto, but with the investigation on-going and legal threats of anything from docked points to relegation hanging over them, the share prices are plummeting by 17.6 per cent and were suspended from trading this morning due to excessive losses.

Channel4.

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
Platini is indeed a walking scandal and I'm not sure if he's talented enough for such a great responsibility. That would be a disaster if Juve chose him.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Baldini confirms Juve talks
Saturday 20 May, 2006
Former Roma transfer guru Franco Baldini has confirmed negotiations to replace Luciano Moggi at Juventus are in full swing.

“I have had a meeting in Turin and this is well know, but for now there is nothing more I can say,” he told journalists this afternoon.

Baldini has been hotly tipped for the director general position at the Stadio Delle Alpi, where he would reunite with ex-Roma boss Fabio Capello.

Juve are undergoing a revolution in the wake of the investigation into alleged match-fixing and collusion with referees, sparked by intercepted telephone conversations between Moggi and high-ranking officials.

“The foundations have been laid and negotiations are on-going, but I’m not allowed to divulge any more information right now,” added Baldini.

“It’s not that I don’t want to tell you, but there is still the time to reflect and think about the situation.”

The club has been handed over to temporary CEO Carlo Sant’Albano until a new Board of Directors can be appointed in late June.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may20i.html

OP
mjomran

mjomran

Aug 19, 2004
  • Thread Starter #33
    Hi all,

Seems that Juventus has opted for Baldini.

Former Roma transfer guru Franco Baldini has confirmed negotiations to replace Luciano Moggi at Juventus are in full swing.

“I have had a meeting in Turin and this is well know, but for now there is nothing more I can say,” he told journalists this afternoon.

Baldini has been hotly tipped for the director general position at the Stadio Delle Alpi, where he would reunite with ex-Roma boss Fabio Capello.

Juve are undergoing a revolution in the wake of the investigation into alleged match-fixing and collusion with referees, sparked by intercepted telephone conversations between Moggi and high-ranking officials.

“The foundations have been laid and negotiations are on-going, but I’m not allowed to divulge any more information right now,” added Baldini.

“It’s not that I don’t want to tell you, but there is still the time to reflect and think about the situation.”

The club has been handed over to temporary CEO Carlo Sant’Albano until a new Board of Directors can be appointed in late June.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may20i.html

Fight Club

Dec 14, 2005
    baldini is out! didn't want to join juve.

i say lets get corvino from viola, or frank arnesen from chelsea(former spurs and psv) he "found" romario, ronaldo, ruud v.n. etc

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Baldini rejects Juve offer

Former Roma official Franco Baldini has opted against becoming Juventus’ new director general.

Baldini was offered the position, made vacant by the resignation of Luciano Moggi in the aftermath of the match-fixing allegations, following extensive talks last week.

Although the transfer wizard is understood to have been attracted by the outfit’s serious and fascinating plans for the future, he’s decided to reject the position.

Baldini is reported to have phoned Carlo Sant'Albano, the club’s temporary chief executive, on Sunday to explain his decision.

Baldini was wanted given his previous work with the Giallorossi alongside boss Fabio Capello, but his numerous 'battles’ against Juve in the past may have played a significant role in his thought process.

So what now for Juventus? Reports on Monday suggest that the Turin giants could look to Beppe Marotta or Giovanni Sartori.

Marotta has been working with success for the last few years at Sampdoria, while Sartori has made his name at Chievo.

There is also the possibility that Capello could be promoted to the director role, with the club bringing in a new Coach – such as Fiorentina’s Cesare Prandelli or Walter Novellino of Samp.

Meanwhile, the legendary Dino Zoff is understood to be in pole position to replace Roberto Bettega as the club’s new Vice-President.

Source: Channel4

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Baldini explains Juve snub

Franco Baldini has revealed the reasons why he opted to turn down the chance of becoming Juventus’ new director general.

Baldini held talks with the Bianconeri last week where he was offered the position, but rejected the opportunity to replace Luciano Moggi.

“I didn’t feel that it was the right move,” the former Roma transfer wizard told Sky Italia on Monday evening.

“It is a role which requires enthusiasm and absolute dedication because it is an important and hard position to fill.”

Baldini has been out of the game since he quit at Roma during the 2004-05 season and he admits that starting again at Juve, a club whom he had numerous battles with in the past, was not right for him.

“The club need the kind of enthusiasm that I perhaps don’t have for football right now,” added the highly-respected official.

“I’ve been out of the game for a year now and it would have taken time for me to get back into the swing of things.

“Starting again with Juventus probably wasn’t the right thing to do.”

Channel 4

------------------------------------------------------

He's so right...

We need some brave guys who have so much determination and so much love for the club to lead the club in the next stage...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)