(Baby)names (3 Viewers)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Isn't Misha just a familiar form of Mikhail, like Bob for Robert?
Really? I didn't know that... Actually Misha is quite a common (maybe non-so-common) Malay female name...like the Malaysian singer Misha Omar :D but all the better I think :D
Like Sharique = Sun, and ...Maira = Moon :D (some relation there). In fact, I have always loved the name Mikhail or Mikael however it's spelt it doesn't matter...:)

I'd love to carry on the "M" family tradition (it's been for 3 generations already on my dad's side). But my fiance's name starts with "S" and it's his family tradition have names start with "S" :frown:

So, we decided to have perhaps a combination of both.

I have a friend whose name is also Sarah, and her husband is Faizal, so her daughter is named Faizurah...:)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Yep, because it's an Arabic name
yep, cos majority of malays here are muslims so then tend to have names very close to ones in arabic...:)

++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
you mean 'Maisarah' ;)
:)
no, no, faizurah, really...:D. My friend (faizurah's mom) is also called maisarah, and she's my neighbour from the next block :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++

no, no, faizurah, really...:D. My friend (faizurah's mom) is also called maisarah, and she's my neighbour from the next block :D
Yeah, that's what i meant... your friend (and not to mention you) are Maisarah while you use the shorter "Sarah," which is a different name. :)

** Now i forget why I'm telling you what you already know ** :confused:

erado

Nov 2, 2004
yeah most of my Muslim friends have really long name.... can go upto 5/6 words... something like Mohammad Shahril (Blah) (Blah) Bin Din..

Really nice to hav such a long name... only disadvantage is losing precious time when writing ur name on the Examination sheet :p

so Sarah, how many letters does ur name really have? :D

erado

Nov 2, 2004
wow.. given that if ur nick is ur real name...

and u r a singaporean.. 'Wu' will be a good shot of getting ur surname correct :p

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Nah, not 'Wu'.

Give u a hint.

If there r 2 character word that comes from my surname, and this word means "slow".

If u still don't get it, I will PM u my answer.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by erado ] ++
yeah most of my Muslim friends have really long name.... can go upto 5/6 words... something like Mohammad Shahril (Blah) (Blah) Bin Din..

Really nice to hav such a long name... only disadvantage is losing precious time when writing ur name on the Examination sheet :p

so Sarah, how many letters does ur name really have? :D
14 characters with surname :)

I have a friend by the name of Muhammad Taufiq Mulia Hidayat Daeng Pabeta Bin Sulaiman ::stress: His name on his IC has been cut down to initials :LOL:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
ok my surname is "Xu".

Wow his name is so long. Unlike mine that has only 10 characters, so short.

Nice to meet so many interesting ppl here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)