Azzurri's Team Play needs more Attacking Flare (1 Viewer)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
IF the Azzurri will start to reinforce their attacking play, how will the new team appear? What is the best formation in order to juice up Italy's attack and keep the opponents at bay? As the saying goes: "Your best offense is a strong defense, and your best defense is a strong offense.":fero::fero::fero:

Gigi Buffon commenting on the World Cup referee that sent them home::down:

That Golden Goal put an end to Italy’s hopes and saw South Korea through, but Buffon refused to join those who blamed referee Byron Moreno for the upset.

“If anything,” he added, “I admire him for the courage shown in this game. Italy needs to change its attitude and attack more.”

“The club sides have already turned that corner,” he added with a clear signal to Giovanni Trapattoni, “but the Azzurri have not yet had time to absorb this new trend. But something will change in the near future.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
dude, it's FLAIR ;) :D

but i agree with you, and we definetely need to kick out atleast one of these plentyful DMs we have in our squad(Di Biagio, Gattuso, Tommasi)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by primo_mp ] ++
“If anything,” he added, “I admire him for the courage shown in this game. Italy needs to change its attitude and attack more.”
Well duh ... I honestly believe that's what would have beat France at Euro2000 as well!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I think the main problem is that Trapattoni is a pathetic excuse for a national team manager and his style of play is way too stale. We need to drop players like Panucci and Materazzi for younger players who have the desire to do well. Zaccardo,Oddo and Zauri undoubtedly have talent,and should be given more playing time. Cannavaro and Nesta will be the men holding together our defence for a while now,but we need to look for replacements,as they won't be here forever. Bonera is probably our best hope.

In midfield we need more bite and attacking flair,something that Tommasi and Zanetti failed to produce in Korea/Japan. Wih Gattuso we have a good ball winner,but we need a bit more than that. Ambrosini has proved us that he can be effective on both sides of the pitch,and should be used ahead of players like Di Biagio. The other place in midfield should be filled by a young upcoming star,most likely Andrea Pirlo,Manuelle Blasi or Matteo Brighi.

On the right side,our best player is Zambrotta,and we lack a good replacement for him. When he's injured/not fit we end up playing someone like Gattuso or Tommasi on the right,which is not satisfactory. Hopefully Camoranesi decides to play for us,and solves this problem. Other options are the-now-back-in-form Fiore and Empoli star Di Natale.

On the left attacking wingbacks such as Coco and Zauri tend to be used,if we're playing with a 3 man defence then this if ok,but with a back four,a more attacking player like Doni should be brought into the fray (and if we have Camo on the right then possibly Zambro).

One may not think so,but for a team who struggles to score,we have an unbelieveably strong arsenal up front. With Totti's first class vision,Del Piero's brilliance,and the finishing skills of Vieri and to a lesser extent,Inzaghi,we should have no problem scoring if the team gels together and flows correctly.

My starting lineup :

Buffon - Zaccardo,Cannavaro,Nesta,Zauri/Coco - Camoranesi/Zambrotta,Ambrosini,Blasi - Totti - Del Piero,Vieri

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
DPA...i agree with you, especially about young players coming in, but we need a coach who will be allowed full confidence and a long-term plan and the time to work on it.

If we want, we can always get a coach who will bring us good results, but i want to see a good team inside out...one that not only gets results but plays beautifully and effectively, one that has a successful youth system that is loaded and has talented young players on standby just waiting to get a piece of international action.(and no i dont have better words for 'loaded' and 'action' :doh:)

that will admittedly take time, and i believe we need a coach in whom we can trust fully.

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    zoff will do..
    who else has a better attacking play?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by primo_mp ] ++
    zoff will do..
    who else has a better attacking play?
    Zoff is not attacking. I would give Del Neri a try. He turned a Serie B side into one of the most attacking and entertaining teams in Serie A,so I don't see why he shouldn't be able to do the same with the Azzurri.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Italy would be a more attacking team with anyone else than Trap... cuz he's got to be the most defensive coach on the planet.

DP's_Apprentice - Del Neri is a good idea! :thumb:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
    Thanks,and btw,nice avatar..who is it that they're trying to kill?:D:)
    :D Well... that would be John 'Faxe' Jensen after he scored the first goal of the Euro 92' final.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Yeah of course he lived. :D But I don't think Bodo Ilgner did. I swear to god... when 'Faxe' hit that ball, I heard Ilgner crying out for his mama! :D

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Well... back to the topic.

How about bringing in Roberto Mancini? I know he's not the most experienced coach around, but he's doing great at Lazio... just a thought...

pessotto

Aug 20, 2002
    i think that the buggest problem for italy is in the midfield they dont have attacking medfieldrs and wings

i think players like locatelli from Bolonia and marcioni from Parma must take thier chances other than a more attacking style in the field

On the left attacking wingbacks such as Coco and Zauri tend to be used
    zauri took his chance and i dont think that he did well

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    i dont think that Del neri will succeed..the same reason Keegan never made it with England.

at small club level, managers dont get players arguing and demanding this role or that role. whereelse in International level, u rarely get to work with the players u want all the time(especially for a long period of time). And plus in internatinal football, egos run high. and the manager must be able to keep atleast almost all the players happy all the time..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)