Azzurri Thread (69 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Meh, he's a good manager in my books.
I have my concerns about ranieri.

Firstly he is the sort of manager that needs to work with his players on a daily basis to get his ideas across.

He's not what I would call a cup manager qualifying is one thing but to reach a latter stages of a tournament is something ranieri is not exactly an expert in achieving unlike ancelotti which make a ranieri's potential appointment as a very short sighted one

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Ranieri would qualify for a tournament :tup:
Greece didn't seem to think so

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Greece is terrible. I meant Ranieri with Italy would certainly qualify.
You'd think any half hearted manager with this Italy side would qualify. At least that was till Ventura existed

The truth is it's not about qualifying it's about what we do in the tournament itself. Going out of the group stages would hardly be progress to not making the tournament at all by Italy's standards. I just don't feel in the long run ranieri is the man. Frankly it is only up to one man and right now he has the right way of thinkng about it given the uncertainties of the figc. Anyone who takes this job blind to the facts is an idiot and will only end in certain failure

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
I'm still hoping for Carlo. He's a players manager and is great in tournaments. If not him idk who I want. I don't think Conte will come back. Obvsly that would be great if he returned. I wouldn't be surprised if they pick Ranieri. Not sure how I feel about Capello at this stage of his career.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Why would any top manager for work with the current Azzurri? FIGC and Tavecchio is shit and the talent is limited; it's a loser's project.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
These old farts need to move on from football with their outdated thought and mentalities.

They are still living in the past where racial slurs and sexism was no big deal like it is today

Tavecchio is the cancer he is the one who didn't fire Ventura when it was clear we were going no where with him and allowed him to coach the team for the play off when he should have been long gone by then

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Tavecchio lists Italy options
By Football Italia staff

FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio revealed the choices for the Italy bench: Carlo Ancelotti, Antonio Conte, Max Allegri, Claudio Ranieri and Roberto Mancini.

The Azzurri missed out on the World Cup for the first time since 1958 after a 1-0 aggregate play-off defeat to Sweden.

This cost Coach Giampiero Ventura his job and, as Tavecchio is refusing to step down, he will be tasked with choosing a replacement.

“At the moment everyone has contractual obligations until June. These are multi-million pound deals, we can’t just pay the release clauses,” Tavecchio told Le Iene.

“We are looking for the best. Clearly, when I say that, I mean whether it’s Ancelotti, or Conte, or Allegri, or Ranieri, or someone else like Mancini, this is the list of options.”

Ancelotti was fired by Bayern Munich, but is under contract until June 2018.

Conte could be open to a return after leaving for Chelsea in the wake of Euro 2016, while Allegri is at Juventus, Mancini only recently signed for Zenit and Ranieri impressed at FC Nantes.

Tavecchio is facing strong pressure to resign, but defended his work at the helm of the Federation.

“I reflected carefully and I intend to continue the project we were putting in place. The project of Club Italia didn’t work only in terms of results.

“Who brought VAR to Italy before anywhere else? Who gave Italy four teams in the Champions League? Tavecchio, that’s who!

“You want me to say I will resign, but I will not resign! Why should I resign if my project is approved by the Federal Commission?”
moron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)