Azzurri Thread (34 Viewers)

Mar 3, 2014
Looks like Mancini was testing:

Insigne-------Balotelli--------S. Verdi
-------Pellegri---------Florenzi---------
---------------Jorginho------------------
Criscito-Bonucci--Caldara--Zappacosta

I like the attack. It is probably the most talented attack we can field. Technically those 3 are probably the best 3 the country has to offer.
Balotelli - while having problems, is technically superior to Belotti & Immobile.
Verdi---Not proven with big clubs, but he is very technically gifted, and completely 2 footed. His nickname is "Verdinho" because he plays like Brazilian...ie: he is very flashy.
Insigne - We all know his is the best Italian attacker of this generation, which is definitely a bad thing.

The midfield is unproven. The question is when Verratti is healthy can both Jorginho & Verratti fit?

The defense is also very inexperienced with a lack of pedigree other than Bonucci.

- - - Updated - - -

on a serious, is Sturaro declining technique wise? he seems worse with the ball each season, and he was supposed to be a "Gatusso with better passing" when he was a youngster at Genoa. does he even work on his game or just chills all the time
Italians don't train with the ball lol.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Stu is overhated around here. he is good enough at what he does to be a starter for a team with mid table or possible Europa League ambitions that just need a hustler in midfield.

Of course, that isn't good enough for Juventus, even for the bench. He simply shouldn't be here as a footballer but I do love the guy as a sort of meme player. He gives 120% effort every second of every game, the rick ross tattoo, the gifs of his hilarious hijinx and occasional heroics and of course when he told a 12 year old Napoli fan that he was fucking his mom on twitter.

PS, I also enjoy every headline of "Juventus star" Stefano Sturaro linked to (insert EPL club)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Sturaro has decent technique. As in if you give him 5 minutes to line up a pass or a shot, he knows how to hit the ball. He hits it better than Matuidi I think, for example.

His big problem is that he can't make decisions quick enough. He will see a 10 meter pass and when he goes to hit the ball, it's fine technique (as if you need it for such a short pass), but the timing is always off. Always.

Mar 3, 2014
Sturaro has decent technique. As in if you give him 5 minutes to line up a pass or a shot, he knows how to hit the ball. He hits it better than Matuidi I think, for example.

His big problem is that he can't make decisions quick enough. He will see a 10 meter pass and when he goes to hit the ball, it's fine technique (as if you need it for such a short pass), but the timing is always off. Always.
He should have gone to a team like Lazio. One thing that I believe is that if a player doesn't play consistently, they won't improve very much. People say that the training ground is everything, but It's only a part. By going to Juve, Sturaro guaranteed his role as bench player. He should go midtable to develop.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008

@Bianconero81 Have fun :)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Tavecchio: 'Ventura never resigned’
By Football Italia staff

Former FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio angrily responds to Giampiero Ventura - “he never handed in his resignation”.

The CT failed to take Italy to this summer’s World Cup, and was heavily criticised for refusing to resign in the aftermath, instead having his contract paid in full.

Last night Ventura claimed he had tried to resign after the Macedonia game, but the former head of the Federation insists that’s not the case.

“What I heard last night are hallucinations, simply falsehoods,” Tavecchio told Sportitalia.

“Just ask [Michele] Uva and [Lele] Oriali. I wasn’t at the Macedonia game because I had commitments abroad, but Ventura always told me he wanted to have a great World Cup.

“He never handed in his resignation, his declaration doesn’t correspond to reality. I only and ever talked to Ventura about money, and I satisfied him in every respect.

sounds like a lemon party lol

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Italia: Donnarumma; Zappacosta, Bonucci, Romagnoli, Criscito; Florenzi, Jorginho, Pellegrini; Politano, Balotelli, Insigne.
Saudi Arabia: Alowais, Al-Harbi, Hassaqi, Othman, Alfaraj, Alshehri, Alshahrani, Otayf, Aljassam, Kanoo, Abu Radiyah.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
yeah. Boy mancini has his work cut out with that defence though, it was utterly shit in the 2nd half and lucky to have won 2-1 given how many times we gifted the saudi's with golden chances but they didn't take them. The goal conceded was an absolute joke
Two years is a long time to get it right, who knows who will emerge in that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 31)