Azzurri Thread (26 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I'm not saying it's easy to come out and say you're a victim immediately after it happened, but there are some serious problems with doing so 20 years after the fact:
1. It's impossible to prove it did or did not happen. Given that so much time has passed it's impossible to gather material evidence and the memories of witnesses might start to fade.
2. Coming out with this news when there's a shitstorm of this magnitude happening is cowardly at best and opportunistic at worst. It's the equivalent of kicking a man in the stomach when he's already down on hands and knees.
I just dont see whats the motive for women to lie about such things, cant see any upside in being a poular harrasment victim, sure there's a freak or two that might want that kind of fame, but if there's no payoff Im more inclined to believe her

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ranieri needs a job and throwing that out there...
:shifty: No, he doesn't. He's apparently doing well with Nantes. :D

This whole #metoo movement is becoming nauseating. I feel some are just milking it for what it's worth. I understand that many were victimized, but hey, people in many parts of the world don't have access to clean water or electricity. #Perspective

Had these "victimized" celebrities not been millionaires who gained a lot and furthered their careers through such abuses, had they been impoverished women living in unsanitary conditions, "really raped and/or abused," became impregnated or contracted HIV as a result, I'd be in total support, but I feel a lot of them are just seeking attention and sympathy.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

This whole #metoo movement is becoming nauseating. I feel some are just milking it for what it's worth. I understand that many were victimized, but hey, people in many parts of the world don't have access to clean water or electricity. #Perspective

Had these "victimized" celebrities not been millionaires who gained a lot and further their careers through such abuses, had they been impoverished women living in unsanitary conditions, "really raped and/or abused," became impregnated or contracted HIV as a result, I'd be in total support, but I feel a lot of them are just seeking attention and sympathy.
random :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I just dont see whats the motive for women to lie about such things, cant see any upside in being a poular harrasment victim, sure there's a freak or two that might want that kind of fame, but if there's no payoff Im more inclined to believe her
People do crazy shit for attention.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
A lot of that type of news seems to be breaking to hurt people's reputations. At the very least it's the 'popular' thing right now.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Tavecchio seems like a real turd of a human being but I wouldn't be surprised if this is bogus.

One of my favorite comedians - Louis CK's career is basically over because 5 women came forward saying that he asked if he could jerk off in front of them. The fact that he "asked" and respected their answer seems to get lost. Trying to say it isn't a big deal because of that will make you an outcast these days.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Had these "victimized" celebrities not been millionaires who gained a lot and furthered their careers through such abuses, had they been impoverished women living in unsanitary conditions, "really raped and/or abused," became impregnated or contracted HIV as a result, I'd be in total support, but I feel a lot of them are just seeking attention and sympathy.
:sergio:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
he's surely a better coach than Ventura, Donadoni or Montella, all were on the FIGC shortlist before they hired Ventura. FIGC have gone from 3rd tier Italian coaches to 2nd tier.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Mancini wouldn't be too bad imo. Unlike useless fukks like Ventura and Montella he has actually won something with several teams and has a bit more pedigree. Not to say he would be ideal, but aside from Ancelotti there aren't many more prized than him on the market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)