Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
A player like witsel for 7m is a STEAL. Fullstop.
He is better than Lemina, Sturaro and Hernanes. He can play CM, DM and AM. He's physical, can tackle but can also attack.
Rerely gets injured and has a great Afro.
He dosn't have 80 caps for belgium for no reason
A player like witsel who cant possible be a starter for his wages, is disgusting
He is absolutely not better then Lemina, because Lemina improves our midfield, while witsel weakens it. He cannot play DM or AM, only CM. He can fracture a leg but is not physical
Rarely gets injured cause never puts in too much efford and his hair looks like misplaced nuclear pubic hair
Has 80 caps for belgium, cause guess what, we have no good central midfielders

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
A player like witsel who cant possible be a starter for his wages, is disgusting
He is absolutely not better then Lemina, because Lemina improves our midfield, while witsel weakens it. He cannot play DM or AM, only CM. He can fracture a leg but is not physical
Rarely gets injured cause never puts in too much efford and his hair looks like misplaced nuclear pubic hair
except Radja, who only started playing recently for the NT

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So why do we need similar player type to Khedira but worse? Considering Khedira cant really function with Pjanic who makes the midfield weaker. Dont necessarily need another jack of all trades but master of none type of player, yeah backup upgrade, but usually you get players of this profile and salary to play them and unless they instantly improve your team and play plenty of minutes. And if they arent the type do it, you just prolong your overall issue (unless we change 4-3-1-2, a midfield trio that includes Pjanic - Marchisio - Khedira/Witsel wont stand up much vs better teams).
At least someone sees sense.

Here is the deal. Witsel is tactical shit. He can reasonably hold onto a ball when challenged but never ever puts in remotely any efford to win it back. He's less aggressive in winning it back then any single midfielder we have today.
He's a tactical liability. I'll show why:

For over 4 years, Belgium has failed to win a competitive game against a big team. We go full in during friendlies, making little subs and play to win. While opponents will substitute half a dozen players and use the friendly for whats it actually for.

In competitive games, we always get trashed by the superior big teasms.

In the 2014WC we had the 4 weakest opponents untill argentina. We were humiliated. Witsel on the analysis was shown to consistantly running over 15 meters out of position and did nothing when moving higher up the field. He adds no influence.

In the 2016EC, Italy and Wales were too much, and god how poor are those teams quality wise ? But hey, we did beat some naive teams, so its all good :tup:

People need to stop sugarcoat it. Witsel is NOT a DM or AM. He's a CM that plays exactly like Pogba : a more advanced midfield role with freedom to move forward.

Here is the difference : Half a dozen teams wanted to pay 100 mil for Pogba. Nobody except juventus wants to pay 6mil for Witsel

- - - Updated - - -

except Radja, who only started playing recently for the NT
True.

The alternatives were 36 year old Timmy Simons, Defour who's totally finished cause injured half his career,.....and..... oh, against argentina we played de bruyne as holding mid.

Yup, kevin de bruyne. Holding mid. Thats how poor belgium is in that aspect, and how wealthy we are with wingers/am's.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
3-4 teams from EPL and half of Serie A were linked with him.

He made it clear many times that he wants Juve.

But hey let's exaggerate.

Looks like a natural fit. I have a feeling, he'll form a deadly partnership with Cheesio, Pjanic, Dybala and Cuads.

- - - Updated - - -

:tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

flair and fancy AND effective :tuttosport:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
3-4 teams from EPL and half of Serie A were linked with him.

He made it clear many times that he wants Juve.

But hey let's exaggerate.

Unlike a previous post, i forgot to add ,nobody of similar status as juventus'

Half of serie a ? We are the only big team in serie a.

Some EPL teams ? Sure, some EL participants.

Levels below a. Team that talks about challenging for the CL

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He's gonna be amazing
Caramel Marchisio is going to take Serie A and the CL by storm.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a natural fit. I have a feeling, he'll form a deadly partnership with Cheesio, Pjanic, Dybala and Cuads.

- - - Updated - - -

:tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

flair and fancy AND effective :tuttosport:
Hhhhnnnnggggg :ID:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Too good to be true. A physically and tactically strong midfielder chose us over half of the EPL and we'll barely spend any cash. :tuttosport:

He's also keeping Tielemans out of the Belgian NT with ease.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
In the 2014WC we had the 4 weakest opponents untill argentina. We were humiliated. Witsel on the analysis was shown to consistantly running over 15 meters out of position and did nothing when moving higher up the field. He adds no influence.

I'm going to ignore the fact that you seem to think Witsel makes up the entire Belgian NT.

Argentina beat us 1-0. We played a poor game. So did they. It was not humiliating.

I understand you hate Belgium. You hate Witsel too. Maybe it's time to stop being such a big baby and man up and be positive about something for once.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Too good to be true. A physically and tactically strong midfielder chose us over half of the EPL and we'll barely spend any cash. :tuttosport:

He's also keeping Tielemans out of the Belgian NT with ease.
Did you really say tactically strong midfielder?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I'm going to ignore the fact that you seem to think Witsel makes up the entire Belgian NT.

Argentina beat us 1-0. We played a poor game. So did they. It was not humiliating.

I understand you hate Belgium. You hate Witsel too. Maybe it's time to stop being such a big baby and man up and be positive about something for once.
Youare Belgian too? What do you think about Witsel?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Lol. I guess he does always follow the coach's guidelines. That much is true. If only he had better coaches..

Youare Belgian too? What do you think about Witsel?
As a rotation player he'll be just fine for us. He's better than Hernanes and Sturaro and I could see him play a lot. There's also room for improvement, because he has the talent, but I believe he squandered much of it in Russia. I say we give him a fair chance and see how it pans out.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

This post was a troll obviously but yes, he's tactically sound if you ask me. Just like Khedira is. It's not his fault Wilmots had the tactical brain of a turtle with an orange headband.

Allegri wants Witsel for several years now. Let's just see what he makes of him. As long as he drops the backpasses he'll be fine for us as Seven says. Ideal rotation player who can fill in almost any midfield gap when needed.

And Russia definitely screwed up his career. Very greedy and dumb move.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
This post was a troll obviously but yes, he's tactically sound if you ask me. Just like Khedira is. It's not his fault Wilmots had the tactical brain of a turtle with an orange headband.
Hey, come on, Michelangelo is not that dumb, he is just an eccentric dude, something like Zeman coach-wise.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

if we had no gaping lack of an aggressive physical CM that will lift all the players around him, i would have no issue with paying alot of wages for a rotational player

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005

............you might want him???? :lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
if we had no gaping lack of an aggressive physical CM that will lift all the players around him, i would have no issue with paying alot of wages for a rotational player
The sad part with Witsel is that had he joined us 5 years ago, he'd be an absolute monster now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)