Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Keeping tidy he should be fine, it's the aggression and ballwinning I have doubts on. He is big guy but like Sami doesn't seem to play in a way that uses his size much. Tho he strikes me as more physical then Khedira, tho both quite slow.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Keeping tidy he should be fine, it's the aggression and ballwinning I have doubts on. He is big guy but like Sami doesn't seem to play in a way that uses his size much. Tho he strikes me as more physical then Khedira, tho both quite slow.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

They're very similar players. Witsel has more flair and is less injury prone, but overall I think I rate Khedira a bit higher.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
-Zenit has decided to accept the offer of Juventus for Axel Witsel (€6m)
-Zenit wants €10m to sell Witsel in January. Juventus's offer remains €6m.
-Zenit ready to accept €7m, Juventus offer is €5m.
-Zenit looking for a midfielder to replace Witsel
-Zenit won't give Witsel away for free warns manager
-Juventus: idea Palombo
-Marotta: no big signings in January
-Zenit: no Witsel deal
-Witsel: i hate it here but i have a contract with them so i'm happy to stay
-Juventus set to sign Witsel for free in summer
-Witsel has decided to accept the offer of Juventus (€2.5m/s)
-Marotta: Witsel is a winner.
-Witsel wants €4m/s. Juventus's offer remains €2.5m/s.
-City: €10m/s for Witsel
-Zenit meeting Witsel’s agent
-Juventus ready to activate Nzonzi’s clause.
-Witsel re-signs with Zenit.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So winning a title is now the definition of experience? Nope, Witsel has much more European games; CL, Europa League & NT.

And he's not shit at the NT, he's limited. It doesn't look like much with his back or sidepasses all the time but that's his assignement. To play in support of Hazard, De Bruyne, etc. Even at the European Championship (again the experience) there was one game he had a different position and he nailed it; voted MOTM.
Sorry, no.

Witsel had some promise at Benfica, and that as it.

He has a nice experience of getting punched out the CL a couple of times, and play against fiorentina quality teams in the EL, where he isnt even making a difference.

He has experience of playing like shit at belgium, he has played many positions and was mostly shit, especially tactically, its gruesomely bad.

He had 1 good game against an opponent who's naive gameplan is only surpassed by the USA. surprisingly, the game after he returned to beeing utter shit.

Witsel is vastly inferior to our starters. He doesnt add to the team like Kessie and N'Zonzi would since they boost the other CM's, especially pjanic, so very much.

He's a third rate Pjanic substitute, that has far too high wages.

Again, there is a reason no other remotely good team is interested in spending 6mil for him.

- - - Updated - - -

i just came a little

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They're very similar players. Witsel has more flair and is less injury prone, but overall I think I rate Khedira a bit higher.
So why do we need similar player type to Khedira but worse? Considering Khedira cant really function with Pjanic who makes the midfield weaker. Dont necessarily need another jack of all trades but master of none type of player, yeah backup upgrade, but usually you get players of this profile and salary to play them and unless they instantly improve your team and play plenty of minutes. And if they arent the type do it, you just prolong your overall issue (unless we change 4-3-1-2, a midfield trio that includes Pjanic - Marchisio - Khedira/Witsel wont stand up much vs better teams).

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think playing a 4312 with Witsel as a starter is the plan, atleast for the CL.

Khedira Marchisio Witsel
Pjanic

Would give Pjanic more freedom offensively and would take some pressure of Dybala. Might work

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So why do we need similar player type to Khedira but worse? Considering Khedira cant really function with Pjanic who makes the midfield weaker. Dont necessarily need another jack of all trades but master of none type of player, yeah backup upgrade, but usually you get players of this profile and salary to play them and unless they instantly improve your team and play plenty of minutes. And if they arent the type do it, you just prolong your overall issue (unless we change 4-3-1-2, a midfield trio that includes Pjanic - Marchisio - Khedira/Witsel wont stand up much vs better teams).

I am not exactly excited about buying Witsel. But as an option to have I think he's way better than Hernanes or Sturaro. What he does do better than Khedira though is influence the pace of the game. If we need someone to hold the ball more and kill the game when we're 2-0 up, he's a great asset to have. We could have really used a guy like him in the game against Bayern last season for example.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Witsel is better than Sturaro, Lemina, and Hernanes.

We will probably pay him around what Hernanes makes to be our fourth choice. Zach hates him, we get it. But Witsel is not worthless trash and anybody acting like he is garbage cannot be considered objective. Witsel is a decent option and cheap.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

:lol: so true

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
A player like witsel for 7m is a STEAL. Fullstop.
He is better than Lemina, Sturaro and Hernanes. He can play CM, DM and AM. He's physical, can tackle but can also attack.
Rerely gets injured and has a great Afro.
He dosn't have 80 caps for belgium for no reason

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
A player like witsel for 7m is a STEAL. Fullstop.
He is better than Lemina, Sturaro and Hernanes. He can play CM, DM and AM. He's physical, can tackle but can also attack.
Rerely gets injured and has a great Afro.
He dosn't have 80 caps for belgium for no reason
Not only all that.

I've just recently bought him on PES2017 and he scored on his debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)