Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Now you just sound like a Blind hater. You don't like him since your Belgian and because he had some bad international games for your team or something?
If you search through this forum, you'll see me saying this very long before we were remotely linked

Witsel remains the player i hate the most. The embodyment of why modern football is shit

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen little of him, probably never a full match, but I tend to agree.

Is he a nice rotation player? Yes, specially considering our depth players are Asamoah/Sturaro/Hernanes.

But he'll arrive getting big bucks, and despite probably being able to help, he shouldn't be that improvement we need so much in the midfield.

Not a fan either, but it is what it is.

Picture seems to be Witsel + 2 young mids (Bentancur + Kessie/Gagliardini). Gagliardini makes sense because from what I've seen he's more a DM than a CM (a technical DM, it is), which seems a nice sub for Marchisio.

But we'd still need better starting midfielders. If we go a 4 men mid, Pjanic AM and Marchisio DM is pretty much settled. But the 2 CMs position should be improved, including Khedira's.
Witsel is your complete pussy midfielder. mental resilience of a wet towel. Only aggressive if he can break a leg. Where does he fit ? As a sub option for the "weak but skilled" cm.

Do we need that ? meh !

We need a complete aggressive midfielder that is a physical presence. That, that and only fucking that.

- - - Updated - - -

And a field where Sturaro and Asamoah did have so much playing time a player like WItsel is more than welcome.

Marchisio, Mandragora, Khedira, Lemina, Pjanic, Witsel, Betancour and a-young-nice-B2B-serie-A-dude

Our team next year would look sexy as hell
And its missing the key part

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Although I continue to despise the Witsel cunt, we need someone who can feature in the CL and play with maturity. Kessie is not that guy and neither is N'Zonzi since he is cup tied. Whoever is unhappy with Witsel in January deserves a Rincon type of signing.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
SO for next year our midfield will be:

Chessio,Khedira,Pjanic,Nzonzi,Witsel,Lemina?.

Im assuming Kessie will be loaned or sumthing. The rest i didnt mentioned...sold.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I agree that Kessie and Nzonzi is the better choices, but Nzonzi is Cup tied, Witsel is not.
If Witsel plays in the CL it would mean that several vastly superior players are not available, which means we are fucked anyway.

Its not James Rodriguez we are talking about. Its a gloryfied benchplayer, that would be a weak replacement for Pjanic and would force us to play a 3 man midfield cause you cannot balance Witsel in a 4-3-1-2 with our current players

Our problem is not creativity or chances. We got the players for that. Our problem is making these players perform. And i'm pretty sure @Osman would agree for this to happen, you need an aggressive complete player that physically domminates the midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I continue to despise the Witsel cunt, we need someone who can feature in the CL and play with maturity. Kessie is not that guy and neither is N'Zonzi since he is cup tied. Whoever is unhappy with Witsel in January deserves a Rincon type of signing.
Witsel mature ? Seriously ?

We need Kessie and N'Zonzi. After those two, i dont care if we want Witsel. But those two are significantly more important

- - - Updated - - -

Most obvious January signing in a long time. Available for CL, 6m, Lemina and Asa to African cup etc etc.
Why are we the only team that is after this amazing player who costs just 6mil, while most EPL clubs are desperate for a good midfielder ?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Witsel mature ? Seriously ?
Easily more mature and experienced than N'Zonzi & Kessie combined. Besides being physically strong he's a very intelligent player.

The problem with him is his play is slow as fuck. So playing him and Khedira -let alone adding Pjanic- in 1 team is basically awful.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Easily more mature and experienced than N'Zonzi & Kessie combined. Besides being physically strong he's a very intelligent player.

The problem with him is his play is slow as fuck. So playing him and Khedira -let alone adding Pjanic- in 1 team is basically awful.
More experienced then N'zonzi, who won the EL ? Plays in a better competition than Witsel ever has. Witsell, always shit at the NT so nothing there aswel ?

Witsel is not strong lol. cmon man

- - - Updated - - -

How is Kessie better than Witsel?
By beeing alive, like every human beeing

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
More experienced then N'zonzi, who won the EL ? Plays in a better competition than Witsel ever has. Witsell, always $#@! at the NT so nothing there aswel ?

Witsel is not strong lol. cmon man
So winning a title is now the definition of experience? Nope, Witsel has much more European games; CL, Europa League & NT.

And he's not shit at the NT, he's limited. It doesn't look like much with his back or sidepasses all the time but that's his assignement. To play in support of Hazard, De Bruyne, etc. Even at the European Championship (again the experience) there was one game he had a different position and he nailed it; voted MOTM.

May 26, 2016
Seems a bit like someones got the "Hate Filter" on here. I think we all know hes not a amazing wc mid. He still could be useful in keeping things tidy in the middle of the park , and I think he will do just fine in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)