Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The thing with Witsel is that it isnt solving anything.

Some rotation option that increases the number of cm's, whilst not adressing the major cm issue ;

We lack an allround player that is aggressive and has physical presence in the midfield to get most out of Pjanic.

Witsel is just a bench option for Pjanic.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 26, 2016
Sure, I would love myself a new Vidal too. But the fact is: there isn't anyone available, or the ones who are is simply so deeply overpriced it won't be worth it. If the rumors are true and we can get Witsel for a cheap price, there should not be a doubt. He may not be the physical beast we so long for, but at least knows how to keep possession and knock good passes, and is quite decent in the physical aspect of the Game.

That is simply a much more complete package than you can say our other options: Aasamoah, Sturaro and Hernanes brings to the table right now.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Just saying that his salary will be very high, around 4-5M. It will be one of the highest of the squad.. he's by no means a cheap player, so it's not a low risk high reward signing. The club will have to make an effort to pay him.

we should never ever pay that salary for a not convincing guy.

5 mils? da fok?....he is coming t replace asamoah! whos is him? Vodal?

fuck that afrojack if he will come asking for that money. We will be stuck forever with him when the time to sell his azz comes.

- - - Updated - - -

Some rotation option that increases the number of cm's, whilst not adressing the major cm issue ;

We lack an allround player that is aggressive and has physical presence in the midfield to get most out of Pjanic.

Aslong as he is replacing asamoah or nanes im fine with it.

but We will still need a vidal quiality player

Jul 1, 2010
I know it's just youtube and he's playing in Russia but he looks like a very good midfielder here, impressive:

Pjanic-Marchisio-Witsel

or

Khedira(Lemina)-Marchisio-Witsel
Pjanic​

Not bad. Obviously weaker than what we have had in the last 4 years but a big improvement over fielding the likes of Sturaro and Asamoah.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I know it's just youtube and he's playing in Russia but he looks like a very good midfielder here, impressive:

Pjanic-Marchisio-Witsel

or

Khedira(Lemina)-Marchisio-Witsel
Pjanic​

Not bad. Obviously weaker than what we have had in the last 4 years but a big improvement over fielding the likes of Sturaro and Asamoah.
Both Khedira and Lemina are considerably better

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Both Khedira and Lemina are considerably better
Lemina will be out for AFCON and he can rotate with Khedira, so he will basically take place of Hernanes/Sturaro. Which is improvement.
Also Khedira while beign big guy has no agressiveness at all, he is often outmuscled by smaller guys and Witsel is different and I think this might be very good option for us. To be clear, im not claiming Khedira is worse than him, just that they are different.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Lemina will be out for AFCON and he can rotate with Khedira, so he will basically take place of Hernanes/Sturaro. Which is improvement.
Also Khedira while beign big guy has no agressiveness at all, he is often outmuscled by smaller guys and Witsel is different and I think this might be very good option for us. To be clear, im not claiming Khedira is worse than him, just that they are different.
Witsel is 4 times less aggressive compared to Khedira

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
we dont a physical beast, we need a creative beast. Sturaro, Asamoah and Khedira are physical beasts and when we played with them, we were at our worst, we need creativity, not so limited as Hernanes though, even the early Pjanic, thats why we improved after Marchisio returned, he didnt bring more muscle, yet more quality!

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Sign him, we'll need a versatile backup player. Expensive, but that's the way it is. Then move on and look for a player for starting position, I want someone with tempo. Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio and the rest (perhaps with the exception of Lemina) are slow in pretty much everything they do. Khedira is good for one-taps but physically slow instead. I want someone that can make the midfield more dynamic. Witsel is not the one but he can act backup for most roles in midfield.

OP
Xperd

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
  • Thread Starter #2,351
    Zenit has decided to accept the offer of Juventus for Axel Witsel (€6m), according to Gazzetta

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
    And a field where Sturaro and Asamoah did have so much playing time a player like WItsel is more than welcome.

Marchisio, Mandragora, Khedira, Lemina, Pjanic, Witsel, Betancour and a-young-nice-B2B-serie-A-dude

Our team next year would look sexy as hell

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

I've seen little of him, probably never a full match, but I tend to agree.

Is he a nice rotation player? Yes, specially considering our depth players are Asamoah/Sturaro/Hernanes.

But he'll arrive getting big bucks, and despite probably being able to help, he shouldn't be that improvement we need so much in the midfield.

Not a fan either, but it is what it is.

Picture seems to be Witsel + 2 young mids (Bentancur + Kessie/Gagliardini). Gagliardini makes sense because from what I've seen he's more a DM than a CM (a technical DM, it is), which seems a nice sub for Marchisio.

But we'd still need better starting midfielders. If we go a 4 men mid, Pjanic AM and Marchisio DM is pretty much settled. But the 2 CMs position should be improved, including Khedira's.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
    Jan 28, 2013
    Witsel is not less aggressive than Khedira lol what? That is insane. Internatiomal is different from club and he has proven himself well at Zenit. Not 4-5m salary and that is a concern but he is easily better than Lemina.

Somebody is hating.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
    If there is 1 positive aspect to name in Witsel's game it's probably physical presence and we're lacking it... Maybe I'd mention tactical awareness as a second trait but he's slow as fuck and should only really become a Khedira sub/replacement long term.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)