Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (72 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Apparently that chinese team offered him 12mln net and 25mln to Zenit.

I get it that in order to convince players go there they need to offer these sums, what I don't get is why do they offer crazy money to the clubs?

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
Will he be able to play in the CL if we get him in January?
You're probably not the first one to ask, but anyway, this is what the regulations say:

For all matches from the start of the round of 16, a club may register a maximum
of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current
competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2017 (24.00CET)
at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA club
competition group stage match for another club in the current season may
exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:
a. in the same competition for another club; or
b. for another club that is currently in the same competition

Jun 6, 2015
'Juve for Champions League with Witsel'
By Football Italia staff

Zenit assistant manager Carlo Nicolini believes Juventus “can win the Champions League” if they sign Axel Witsel.

The midfielder had already agreed terms on transfer deadline day this summer and sat in the Turin HQ for 13 hours, but the final all-clear never came from Russia.

His contract is due to expire at the end of the season and Witsel intends to join Juve, whether next month or in June.

“I am going against my own interests, because I’d love Axel to stay with us for a long time, but if he were to join Juventus, they’d find the player that in my view they’re still missing,” Nicolini told Calciomercato.com.

He is the assistant manager to Zenit St Petersburg Coach Mircea Lucescu.

“Witsel is first and foremost a very intelligent lad and an exemplary professional. He could give Juve that physicality they lack in midfield, but also the option of changing system.

“With Witsel, for example, Juve could create a more heavyweight trident attack, which they cannot really do with Miralem Pjanic.

“He is perfect in a three-man midfield or as a deep-lying playmaker, while also being able to break down opposition moves.

“When working with Witsel in training, you realise what a great player he is. He’s the classic champion who you don’t notice that much during a game, but his presence is very much felt.

“I think with Witsel in the squad, Juventus could without doubt win the Champions League. Having said all that, I hope he stays at Zenit.”

Let's win the CL with the beautiful Axel.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
By Football Italia staff

Zenit assistant manager Carlo Nicolini believes Juventus “can win the Champions League” if they sign Axel Witsel.

The midfielder had already agreed terms on transfer deadline day this summer and sat in the Turin HQ for 13 hours, but the final all-clear never came from Russia.

His contract is due to expire at the end of the season and Witsel intends to join Juve, whether next month or in June.

“I am going against my own interests, because I’d love Axel to stay with us for a long time, but if he were to join Juventus, they’d find the player that in my view they’re still missing,” Nicolini told Calciomercato.com.

“Witsel is first and foremost a very intelligent lad and an exemplary professional. He could give Juve that physicality they lack in midfield, but also the option of changing system.

“With Witsel, for example, Juve could create a more heavyweight trident attack, which they cannot really do with Miralem Pjanic.

“He is perfect in a three-man midfield or as a deep-lying playmaker, while also being able to break down opposition moves.

“When working with Witsel in training, you realise what a great player he is. He’s the classic champion who you don’t notice that much during a game, but his presence is very much felt.

“I think with Witsel in the squad, Juventus could without doubt win the Champions League. Having said all that, I hope he stays at Zenit.”

Sounds like the complete midfielder to me :boh: @Zacheryah :p

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
By Football Italia staff

He is perfect in a three-man midfield or as a deep-lying playmaker, while also being able to break down opposition moves.

@Zacheryah haters gonna hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)