Australian NT Thread (2 Viewers)

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Sometimes i like to talk about australian football but i dont know where so heres a thread for the aussies around these traps! :agree: Sateeh and the rest :cheers:

Socceroos draw with Ghana - SBS

Australia and Ghana have drawn 1-1 in an international friendly at Loftus Road, London, with John Aloisi's first half penalty cancelled out by a second half Junior Agogo goal.

Aloisi put the Socceroos ahead in the 27th minute after winning a spot kick when he was brought down in the box.

He made no mistake from 12-yards, firing the ball stright down the centre of the goal as Ghana goalkeeper Richard Kingston flung himself to the left.

The Socceroos created a string of chances, especially in the first half, with Kingston excelling between the sticks. A spectacular save from a close range Craig Moore header was the pick of his saves.

Australia dominated the first stanza with Ghana more of a threat after the break.

The equaliser arrived on 75 minutes with Agogo left with a simple tap in after Aussie goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer made a hash of a routine cross.

---------------------------------

positive result with such a under strength team i thought! I want our best team together so we can take out the asian cup!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 23, 2006
sateeh said:
that would be hard , since the european teams will not be obliged to let their players go for the Asian cup.
australia will win even if their star players don't play
the asian cup is a joke

OP
Alfio_87

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    juventus710 said:
    australia will win even if their star players don't play
    the asian cup is a joke
    i have figuered that! :agree: Asian cup is a bit of a joke! It has been hyped up here quite a bit!

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    well with the likes of Japan, South Korea and Saudi Arabia then i dont think it would be that easy to win it imo.

anyway Alfio, did u see the world game on SBS last week? there was a confrontation between the Australian U-21 or 19(not sure its the team that recently went to india to play a tournament and flopped) with Craig Foster.
    Craig was just personally attacking him and wanted him to resign :shocked: who the hell does he think he is!

OP
    Alfio_87

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    sateeh said:
    well with the likes of Japan, South Korea and Saudi Arabia then i dont think it would be that easy to win it imo.

anyway Alfio, did u see the world game on SBS last week? there was a confrontation between the Australian U-21 or 19(not sure its the team that recently went to india to play a tournament and flopped) with Craig Foster.
    Craig was just personally attacking him and wanted him to resign :shocked: who the hell does he think he is!
    nah actually i missed it but i heard about the team flopping! I do love Craig Foster so passionate but it does get the better of him sometimes!

I have mates who didnt make that team but they are going to Celtic in January for trials!

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Alfio_87 said:
    nah actually i missed it but i heard about the team flopping! I do love Craig Foster so passionate but it does get the better of him sometimes!

I have mates who didnt make that team but they are going to Celtic in January for trials!
    thats great good for them, wishing them all the luck.

abt Fozy, yeah his passion gets the best of him sometimes cause that was really uncalled for.
    That team didnt have any time for preparation and most of them dont even play regular football.The captain of that team doesnt even have an A-league team, imagine!

OP
    Alfio_87

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    sateeh said:
    thats great good for them, wishing them all the luck.

abt Fozy, yeah his passion gets the best of him sometimes cause that was really uncalled for.
    That team didnt have any time for preparation and most of them dont even play regular football.The captain of that team doesnt even have an A-league team, imagine!
    It runs deeper and the coach of the younger teams that greek guy is rubbish i agree with Fozy there! he has no pull his happy to get his pay check and hasent put pressure n the FFA to fix the problem!
    there is talent but its all getting stuck in the lower ends of victorian leagues and so on!
    The best Young players in the country need there own league because the only way u make it is if ur parents fork out money for u to go overseas! or u get stuck in lower leagues hoping not to get ur legs broken!

The team should have time Fozy words will hopefully make the ffa think again they stopped putting thought in young players and thats what we need to build again! The national team is ok fix the system!

The A-League needs to take a step forward at the moment its treading water again! There really got to stop signing up players for like a few weeks here and dere! Money is going back and forth and the football is getting back to its bad old days again. The crowds are there but i really dont know if they will start to drop there lucky dere got Melbourne!

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Alfio_87 said:
    It runs deeper and the coach of the younger teams that greek guy is rubbish i agree with Fozy there! he has no pull his happy to get his pay check and hasent put pressure n the FFA to fix the problem!
    there is talent but its all getting stuck in the lower ends of victorian leagues and so on!
    The best Young players in the country need there own league because the only way u make it is if ur parents fork out money for u to go overseas! or u get stuck in lower leagues hoping not to get ur legs broken!

The team should have time Fozy words will hopefully make the ffa think again they stopped putting thought in young players and thats what we need to build again! The national team is ok fix the system!

The A-League needs to take a step forward at the moment its treading water again! There really got to stop signing up players for like a few weeks here and dere! Money is going back and forth and the football is getting back to its bad old days again. The crowds are there but i really dont know if they will start to drop there lucky dere got Melbourne!
    exactly there is a problem with the actual system,and although the coach made some mistakes that attack was unjustified.

The younger players just got forgotten because the A-league teams r just thinking about the wins and even trying to attract more fans. This league was established so that young Aussie players would get the chances but what do I see ? money getting paid on the like of Damian Mori, Carl Veart, and Romario!

There is only one team with a decent youth set up and facilities and in the league and that Queensland. The FFA should think hard about next season. They should encourage the team to sign young players from the local leagues.Cuz if things continue like this there wont be any players to feed the NT in coming years especially considering that the current team aint no spring chicken.

The crowds are there but i really dont know if they will start to drop there lucky dere got Melbourne!
    yeah they r lucky that the team is doing well and we have some crazy fans in here who even if they r not particularly interested in football but they r interested in watching a melbournian team win.

OP
    Alfio_87

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
  • Thread Starter #11
    sateeh said:
    exactly there is a problem with the actual system,and although the coach made some mistakes that attack was unjustified.

The younger players just got forgotten because the A-league teams r just thinking about the wins and even trying to attract more fans. This league was established so that young Aussie players would get the chances but what do I see ? money getting paid on the like of Damian Mori, Carl Veart, and Romario!

There is only one team with a decent youth set up and facilities and in the league and that Queensland. The FFA should think hard about next season. They should encourage the team to sign young players from the local leagues.Cuz if things continue like this there wont be any players to feed the NT in coming years especially considering that the current team aint no spring chicken.

yeah they r lucky that the team is doing well and we have some crazy fans in here who even if they r not particularly interested in football but they r interested in watching a melbournian team win.
    Same old story isnt it!:agree:

I suppose they have at least fixed up the national team up and actually getting friendlies at every opputunity v quality opponents and actually played well first team anyway!

How good is Grella!! So underated he did a job till he came off!

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Alfio_87 said:
    Same old story isnt it!:agree:

I suppose they have at least fixed up the national team up and actually getting friendlies at every opputunity v quality opponents and actually played well first team anyway!

How good is Grella!! So underated he did a job till he came off!
    yeah at least the socceroos r getting something done in their favour, those matches will just improve the team.

Vinny Grella is great, just a leader on the field and fought for every ball. He does the same for Parma week in week out. But i guess he is just unlucky that he came to Parma after their financial troubles.
    I guess he will leave them sometime soon, read it somewhere just recently that hes linked to spurs in the EPL(although i would rather him not going there)

OP
    Alfio_87

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
  • Thread Starter #13
    sateeh said:
    yeah at least the socceroos r getting something done in their favour, those matches will just improve the team.

Vinny Grella is great, just a leader on the field and fought for every ball. He does the same for Parma week in week out. But i guess he is just unlucky that he came to Parma after their financial troubles.
    I guess he will leave them sometime soon, read it somewhere just recently that hes linked to spurs in the EPL(although i would rather him not going there)
    Palermo should have signed him with Besciano!
    I think his happy just to be playing againest great midfielders week in week out cant get better than that! There was a time when he was struggling to get time but he has made that postion his own one of the better Defensive midfielders around!:agree:

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Alfio_87 said:
    Palermo should have signed him with Besciano!
    I think his happy just to be playing againest great midfielders week in week out cant get better than that! There was a time when he was struggling to get time but he has made that postion his own one of the better Defensive midfielders around!:agree:
    yeah Palermo should've went for him but they chose Simplicio ahead of him i guess.
    I think he loves it there in Italy, hes playing against some of the best and leading a team that produces one of the best talents in all of Italy and even in Europe.
    i hope all the best for him really, he deserves it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)