Athletes and their beliefs (1 Viewer)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
They arent, they are balanced and fair, but because people cannot handle that they get labeled that way. Some guy wrote a poor essay which i have read which was in support of israel, he then got a bad mark and then tried to sue the university for anti semitism. That was one of the cases.

Apr 12, 2004
hmm, i study at aberystwyth, the lecturers that teach the modules have been labeled as anti semites and al queda sympathisers because they are unwilling to persecute islam and only islam in the name 21st century islamiphobia...but who knows. The impression i have got from american students that take gap years at our uni is that america has a major deficit in its education, they seem to deal in ideas rather than facts. Most people wernt even aware of the true history of america, the wars of independence etc. (ie george washington using terrorism and guerilla warefare etc. etc.)
Because no one in America cares.
They arent, they are balanced and fair, but because people cannot handle that they get labeled that way. Some guy wrote a poor essay which i have read which was in support of israel, he then got a bad mark and then tried to sue the university for anti semitism. That was one of the cases.
Sounds like it to me.

You a damn mooslim too?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It essentially was. No matter what you believe happened that day, one thing is for sure: we funded Al Qaeda and Bin Laden to fight against the Soviets. Admittedly, the CIA funded and aided them. Admittedly, the FBI can't hold Bin Laden as a suspect for 9/11, so they don't list that event under his supposed crimes.

Our actions around the world act as a catalyst for extremism, so no matter what you believe, it was absolutely an inside job. Whether the CIA pulled the trigger or not themselves is another story, but they quite possibly could have.
The thing is that if you look at the facts, it was peculiar to say the least. The CIA funding Al Qaeda. People knowing about the attacks several weeks before. The way the towers collapsed. The government doing pretty much nothing to explain these things..

And then look at what happened after. It did come in very handy for some people. The only real question is: did they do it themselves or did they let it happen?

Geof

May 14, 2004
As you are online, how do you feel about this statement? As you follow such a 'controversial' faith (i think christianity is far far more evil that islam is)
If you are religious you are as much to blame for the atrocities commited by those that caused them as they are. You are the Mafiosi wife that sillently watched her husband go and kill people for a living. You might not want it to happen, but you are letting it happen. Id be interested to see how many athiests have killed people in the name of athiesm, as opposed to religions killing people in the name of a 'god'
:lol: That's just retarted. According to this argument, we would all be accomplices if some Juventus fan started killing rival fans?

I'm all in for reasoned discussions on the merits of religion, but that's just ridiculous.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
ßüякε;2093226 said:
Because no one in America cares.
I try to tell that to everyone in my Uni what Jasper said.
There like, "oh yeah? Alright lets PARTTYYYYYY, YEAAAAHHHHHHH" while I'm like :sergio:

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Ignorant fuck. Did you slap him in the face and wake him up a bit ?

Geof

May 14, 2004
I tollerate anyone but the intolerant. I cannot respect religious beliefs when religion is tearing apart our world.

religions do this

[...]
Do you know how hard it was too find images that would border on being suitable to post on here?
All the pictures you posted above are about politics to me, far more than religion. You really think the Israelo-Palestinian conflict, 9/11 or any modern terrorism is about religion. The vast majority is just about politics and uses religion as a channel.
Even the inquisition was more about politics than religion to me. It was about a struggle for power much more than imposing the real faith or converting infidels or whatever.

Sure people from (or even representing) religions have been involved in atrocious acts and that's wrong, especially as those same individuals claim to work for a religion of love.

But the acts of these individuals should not let you forget that religion helps people do this:

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
:lol: That's just retarted. According to this argument, we would all be accomplices if some Juventus fan started killing rival fans?

I'm all in for reasoned discussions on the merits of religion, but that's just ridiculous.
Its not ridiculous, Comparing it to juventus fans is a false falicy unless you believe that there is a god in juventus? The reason that people who believe in a faith as those that commit the tradegy/travesty to humanity, is because they are the gateway, without its followers a religion is a cult.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Its not ridiculous, Comparing it to juventus fans is a false falicy unless you believe that there is a god in juventus? The reason that people who believe in a faith as those that commit the tradegy/travesty to humanity, is because they are the gateway, without its followers a religion is a cult.
Religion, football, vegetarianism, environmentalism, politics...

Same sh*t, different gods.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Yes. Good point. Only atheists say they are. It is not a mere coincidence that Turk, a blind muslim, would kill an Inter fan in the blink of an eye.

Apr 12, 2004
I try to tell that to everyone in my Uni what Jasper said.
There like, "oh yeah? Alright lets PARTTYYYYYY, YEAAAAHHHHHHH" while I'm like :sergio:
But am I right or wrong?

I understand the difference and the shit, blah blah, but in truth most Americans just don't care.

Same shit, same SEVEN!
Yes. Good point. Only atheists say they are. It is not a mere coincidence that Turk, a blind muslim, would kill an Inter fan in the blink of an eye.
If he wasn't blind though, but had glasses, would he be a four-eyed Mooslim?

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
ßüякε;2093973 said:
But am I right or wrong?

I understand the difference and the shit, blah blah, but in truth most Americans just don't care.
If americans dont care then why do they celebrate Independence Day every year looking desperatley to show they have some history. And Independence Day is such a fucking cop out. Its a day Americans celebrate the founding fathers signing the decleration of independence:sergio: , whats the fucking point in celebrating that? The english didnt realise that fighting the first civil war in America was causing a massive deficit in the treasury for another year when they decided to give up. Why not celebrate that fucking date? eurgh.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
How about we dont go down the route of this and just agree that religion is detromental to the progress of humanity?
Interesting statement.

so all those scientists who believed in Religion were detromental to the progress of humanity?

was Einstein one? what about Ibn Firnas? or how about Avicenna (ibn sina)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)