Athletes and their beliefs (2 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
As you are online, how do you feel about this statement? As you follow such a 'controversial' faith (i think christianity is far far more evil that islam is)

If you are religious you are as much to blame for the atrocities commited by those that caused them as they are. You are the Mafiosi wife that sillently watched her husband go and kill people for a living. You might not want it to happen, but you are letting it happen. Id be interested to see how many athiests have killed people in the name of athiesm, as opposed to religions killing people in the name of a 'god'

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I had an open mind about 9/11 i read into, looked at most sources i could, took 4 modules on it at uni, and came to my conclusion.
Unfortunately, the major source on the event is the US government. It all comes down to the trust put into the establishment, and I simply can't put much faith behind them at all. To be honest, I only think insane people would. It's just as foolish as religion itself.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
yeah, typod, meant to put ze.
Well I don't agree with it. First of all the analogy given is the wife of a mafiosi. That is, some how she's involved with a corrupt society that is involved with illegal and 'bad' things. I don't see Islam as being that.

Even if I was the 'wife'/bystander that did nothing it would not be true. I'm part of a sect in Islam that is persecuted for its interpretations. Among them our view on Jihad. We believe that this era calls for the struggle of the pen and not war (even the orthodox interpretation of this is wrong). So we've been accused of being British and Zionist subjects (our origin is from the Sub Continent).

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Fair enough, im not going to debate it with you, i know little about how to debate theism against a muslim because i have so little interest in knowing much about the faith, this will change over the year as two of my modules are about islam and politics next year. I do take exception with the notion that you claim to be persecutes as it says that you live in the us?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Fair enough, im not going to debate it with you, i know little about how to debate theism against a muslim because i have so little interest in knowing much about the faith, this will change over the year as two of my modules are about islam and politics next year. I do take exception with the notion that you claim to be persecutes as it says that you live in the us?
We're persecuted in "Islamic" countries: Mainly in the Middle East, Pakistan, Indonesia, and Bangladesh. In Pakistan we have been declared 'non-Muslim' by the constitution.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
ok, i was just intrigued to see what an islamic perspective on that was, its an analagy i came up with based on the concepts the film 'religulous' by bill maher puts forward. It's good for fucking with the morons that follow christianity.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
hmm, i study at aberystwyth, the lecturers that teach the modules have been labeled as anti semites and al queda sympathisers because they are unwilling to persecute islam and only islam in the name 21st century islamiphobia...but who knows. The impression i have got from american students that take gap years at our uni is that america has a major deficit in its education, they seem to deal in ideas rather than facts. Most people wernt even aware of the true history of america, the wars of independence etc. (ie george washington using terrorism and guerilla warefare etc. etc.)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
hmm, i study at aberystwyth, the lecturers that teach the modules have been labeled as anti semites and al queda sympathisers because they are unwilling to persecute islam and only islam in the name 21st century islamiphobia...but who knows. The impression i have got from american students that take gap years at our uni is that america has a major deficit in its education, they seem to deal in ideas rather than facts. Most people wernt even aware of the true history of america, the wars of independence etc. (ie george washington using terrorism and guerilla warefare etc. etc.)
That's disturbing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)