Athletes and their beliefs (7 Viewers)

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
ßüякε;2084295 said:
Ribery isn't a hardcore Muslim, he only converted to marry that Turkish bitch.
he is a hardcore muslim and yes he fast..

Now half of this forum doesen't want Ribery more:shifty:

Apr 12, 2004
Seven, fasting does not mean you cannot eat nothing, just the forbiden(?) foods, meat, oil etc.etc.....there is alot other thing you can put in your mouth while fasting and you are deffinately not going to get sick:) In my country(which is orthodox christian) there are 4 major fasts, and all 4 of them have different food restrictions. Older people and people that are ill, can consult with their priest and can fast lets say...not so strictly:)
:anon:
I also practice that kind of fasting very often. Just that it's me who's choosing the time. I'm not going by the ortodox calendar.
Fish, salads etc. Everything that doesn't come from an animal. It's like some sort of diet. You eat whenever you want, as much as you want, but only specific food.
And i also agree with you, the body does feel better.
Vegan?
Fish are animals.
DA!
:lol2:
he is a hardcore muslim and yes he fast..

Now half of this forum doesen't want Ribery more:shifty:
Well I say he's slow, and I want him to leave.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
In other words the church is lying to people by telling them you should not eat animals but it's ok to eat fish.
yep :) that's the thing...but don't take it in that way...they don't lie..they simply give the people a break...telling them that in certain days they can transform the fish intro bread :lol:

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
ßüякε;2084176 said:
He soaks up the tackles in midfield like a towel soaks up water. Sissoko is the only guy I've ever seen tackle the ball away, then give it back to the guy just so he could tackle him again.
:lol2::lol2:

thanks for the explanation

Mar 30, 2006
A football club is the same as every other organisation. You see, the man in the weelchair doesn't get to do all the jobs either. Juventus don't have to hire him as a soccer player. Companies that want him to do hard labour that involves walking around don't have to hire him either. It's not discrimination, it's common sense. If a player fasts for a month and it takes him another two weeks to get back on top of his game, you can think twice as a football club about hiring him. It does not even come close to discrimination. But you can play the victim I suppose.

But of course your argument is that Juventus have to hire a man in a weelchair to play in midfield, because otherwise they would discriminate. Good luck with that, bro.

And addicts are fired and law suits are typically lost by them. First of all they don't have the money to make a decent case. After that there's the fact that they're sloppy. They will have fucked up at work. So there's really no need to fire them because of their addiction.
I was just saying there are several forms of discrimination and what you said is one of them.

May 21, 2009
SubhanAllah I really can't believe what some of the people in here are saying. IMO, to compare an alcohol-drinking Adriano to a fasting Sissoko makes no sense whatsoever. To fast doesn't mean that you intoxicate yourself, in fact doctors say that fasting is good for the body. And as far as I know, Sissoko wasn't doing too bad during Ramadan. As a matter of fact, the entire team was playing poorly during September. And even if he was poor, then there are still other players to field during that period of time.

To be honest, I don't think this whole thing is a matter of fasting or not fasting, I think some people in here have big issues with Islam and Muslims in general. And that's a sad thing.

May Allah guide you all, that's all I can say.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
SubhanAllah I really can't believe what some of the people in here are saying. IMO, to compare an alcohol-drinking Adriano to a fasting Sissoko makes no sense whatsoever. To fast doesn't mean that you intoxicate yourself, in fact doctors say that fasting is good for the body. And as far as I know, Sissoko wasn't doing too bad during Ramadan. As a matter of fact, the entire team was playing poorly during September. And even if he was poor, then there are still other players to field during that period of time.

To be honest, I don't think this whole thing is a matter of fasting or not fasting, I think some people in here have big issues with Islam and Muslims in general. And that's a sad thing.

Just a bunch of garbage, to be honest.

And if Adriano goes out to get drunk, don't worry noisiamolajuve, his team will have other players to field instead. :rolleyes:

Great team-oriented people here.

Apr 12, 2004

Okay, let me see the studies, at least two of them, and by Western doctors.

Maki Roll

May 22, 2009
ßüякε;2085348 said:
Okay, let me see the studies, at least two of them, and by Western doctors.
Well, fasting actually IS healthy and good for the body - but not for athletes. It's for people who can get a 'time-out' and don't need to work hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)