Athletes and their beliefs (46 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Not really... I mean, I don't know why I have to keep repeating this, but... Sissoko himself said it caused problems for his game.

We saw his poor performances, he admits that he was weak because of fasting... I don't know what else people want besides him dying of starvation on the pitch.
The club should be the one taking action then. If he isn't fit enough to play, don't play him. And if he insists on fasting, fine him or something. But it all depends on whether his contract allows him to do so or not...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
he said it himself? all I ever read was a CH4 article that he said he was fasting, and I also read another CH4 article that said he wasn't fasting...it's probably right here in this thread

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:lol:
:andyandbarcelona:
Umm that is totally discrimination.

The same way not hiring women because they can get pregnant and would have to take a leave of absence or focus on their families causing them to "compromise" their performance would be.

Or not hiring a man in a wheelchair because he can't walk and his performance has been compromised.

Or if someone has another type of disability..

Actually you can't even fire a drug addict or an alcoholic now and days without a law suit because of claims someone has no control over an addiction and firing them would be discriminating against their disease. People who get fired for such things have often won court cases.

Anyway I doubt you really believe what you are saying. Just trying to cause a dust up :lol:
A football club is the same as every other organisation. You see, the man in the weelchair doesn't get to do all the jobs either. Juventus don't have to hire him as a soccer player. Companies that want him to do hard labour that involves walking around don't have to hire him either. It's not discrimination, it's common sense. If a player fasts for a month and it takes him another two weeks to get back on top of his game, you can think twice as a football club about hiring him. It does not even come close to discrimination. But you can play the victim I suppose.

But of course your argument is that Juventus have to hire a man in a weelchair to play in midfield, because otherwise they would discriminate. Good luck with that, bro.

And addicts are fired and law suits are typically lost by them. First of all they don't have the money to make a decent case. After that there's the fact that they're sloppy. They will have fucked up at work. So there's really no need to fire them because of their addiction.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There seem to be alot of good muslim players around but I have not heard much talk about this issue. Maybe many of them dont fast but maybe we are over exaggerating the impact it has.

players such as: Ribery, Van Persie, Kanoute, Muntari, M. Diarra, Tuncay, Anelka, Nihat other turk players and players from muslim countries ... there are so many yet you dont hear much talk of Ramadan being a problem.
Van Persie? He's not a muslim. His wife is, but Van Persie specifically said he wasn't muslim. He said you had to believe in order to be a muslim and that he could not believe.

Jan 22, 2009
But he also added that he'll fast before Easter. :wallbang:
Easter fast only excludes meat, so one can supply the needed energy from other food products. But I think the basic idea of fasting is to clear your body physically and than comes the spirit side, which is a subject of controversy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Easter fast only excludes meat, so one can supply the needed energy from other food products. But I think the basic idea of fasting is to clear your body physically and than comes the spirit side, which is a subject of controversy.
No, it's not. If you don't eat, you'll get weak. If you get weak, the body starts to invent things. This way you don't have to deal with your pain. You start seeing things. This so called spirituality you get from not eating is merely a protection mechanism of the body. It's like being high. Unfortunately Sissoko eats just enough to never reach that high. That's the great thing about this insanely stupid idea of fasting this way. There's no advantage whatsoever. You'll still be the same guy, only you've been really really hungry during the day.

Jan 22, 2009
No, it's not. If you don't eat, you'll get weak. If you get weak, the body starts to invent things. This way you don't have to deal with your pain. You start seeing things. This so called spirituality you get from not eating is merely a protection mechanism of the body. It's like being high. Unfortunately Sissoko eats just enough to never reach that high. That's the great thing about this insanely stupid idea of fasting this way. There's no advantage whatsoever. You'll still be the same guy, only you've been really really hungry during the day.
I meant from medical point of view 1 week of fasting for example is not a bad idea, it will clear your stomach from the shitty food we all eat nowadays and one will feel his body...light.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I meant from medical point of view 1 week of fasting for example is not a bad idea, it will clear your stomach from the shitty food we all eat nowadays and one will feel his body...light.
That's not what muslims do. They fast an entire day and then they eat all they can. Any doctor will tell you that that's not good for the body.

Jan 22, 2009
That's not what muslims do. They fast an entire day and then they eat all they can. Any doctor will tell you that that's not good for the body.
Ofc, a man's last meal for the day should be before 6:30-7:00 pm. But I was talking for fasting as it should be, when done proper for lets say a week, it will be good for you. But there is another thing..i read somewhere that man uses 2/3 of the energy created by eating for....digesting the the food we consume.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Ofc, a man's last meal for the day should be before 6:30-7:00 pm. But I was talking for fasting as it should be, when done proper for lets say a week, it will be good for you. But there is another thing..i read somewhere that man uses 2/3 of the energy created by eating for....digesting the the food we consume.
If you don't eat for a week, you're sick. It is not the way to become healthy.

Jan 22, 2009
If you don't eat for a week, you're sick. It is not the way to become healthy.
Seven, fasting does not mean you cannot eat nothing, just the forbiden(?) foods, meat, oil etc.etc.....there is alot other thing you can put in your mouth while fasting and you are deffinately not going to get sick:) In my country(which is orthodox christian) there are 4 major fasts, and all 4 of them have different food restrictions. Older people and people that are ill, can consult with their priest and can fast lets say...not so strictly:)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seven, fasting does not mean you cannot eat nothing, just the forbiden(?) foods, meat, oil etc.etc.....there is alot other thing you can put in your mouth while fasting and you are deffinately not going to get sick:) In my country(which is orthodox christian) there are 4 major fasts, and all 4 of them have different food restrictions. Older people and people that are ill, can consult with their priest and can fast lets say...not so strictly:)
No, you're wrong. It can mean both things. Sometimes fasting means not eating at all, sometimes it means you can't eat some foods. I assumed you meant not eating at all.

Jan 22, 2009
No, you're wrong. It can mean both things. Sometimes fasting means not eating at all, sometimes it means you can't eat some foods. I assumed you meant not eating at all.
I meant that fasting for 1 week, while eating only the allowed food(food that have not come out from animals) will not get you sick, on the contrary, your body will feel better, trust me. Its like having a cup of hot water(which clears your intestines and stomach) every morning but with greater effect. Im not talking for proffesional athletes here, but for normal ppl. And atleast in my country there is no such fast, that forbids you eating at all, there is only one exception , that only monks do(they fast 3 days, without anykin of food and water)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I meant that fasting for 1 week, while eating only the allowed food(food that have not come out from animals) will not get you sick, on the contrary, your body will feel better, trust me. Its like having a cup of hot water(which clears your intestines and stomach) every morning but with greater effect. Im not talking for proffesional athletes here, but for normal ppl. And atleast in my country there is no such fast, that forbids you eating at all, there is only one exception , that only monks do(they fast 3 days, without anykin of food and water)
I also practice that kind of fasting very often. Just that it's me who's choosing the time. I'm not going by the ortodox calendar.
Fish, salads etc. Everything that doesn't come from an animal. It's like some sort of diet. You eat whenever you want, as much as you want, but only specific food.
And i also agree with you, the body does feel better.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I also practice that kind of fasting very often. Just that it's me who's choosing the time. I'm not going by the ortodox calendar.
Fish, salads etc. Everything that doesn't come from an animal. It's like some sort of diet. You eat whenever you want, as much as you want, but only specific food.
And i also agree with you, the body does feel better.
Fish are animals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)