Athletes and their beliefs (10 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
There seem to be alot of good muslim players around but I have not heard much talk about this issue. Maybe many of them dont fast but maybe we are over exaggerating the impact it has.

players such as: Ribery, Van Persie, Kanoute, Muntari, M. Diarra, Tuncay, Anelka, Nihat other turk players and players from muslim countries ... there are so many yet you dont hear much talk of Ramadan being a problem.
Ribery isn't a hardcore Muslim, he only converted to marry that Turkish bitch.

Mar 30, 2006
ßüякε;2084295 said:
Ribery isn't a hardcore Muslim, he only converted to marry that Turkish bitch.
:beer:
Yeah I dont know who is practicing or who fasts or whatever. I was just trying to give an example of how many there were yet there is not much talk of them struggling with performances or it being a problem for their clubs.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
There seem to be alot of good muslim players around but I have not heard much talk about this issue. Maybe many of them dont fast but maybe we are over exaggerating the impact it has.

players such as: Ribery, Van Persie, Kanoute, Muntari, M. Diarra, Tuncay, Anelka, Nihat other turk players and players from muslim countries ... there are so many yet you dont hear much talk of Ramadan being a problem.
well it's probably because they don't have atheist trolls as fans on their fan forums

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
well it's probably because they don't have atheist trolls as fans on their fan forums
Atheist trolls, religious extremists, whatever.

Doing something that counteracts normal bodily needs solely for religious reasons is downright retarded, IMO.

Lets kick bullshit religions out of football.

Apr 12, 2004
:beer:
Yeah I dont know who is practicing or who fasts or whatever. I was just trying to give an example of how many there were yet there is not much talk of them struggling with performances or it being a problem for their clubs.
I know what you meant, jerky.
I am not a fan.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Atheist trolls, religious extremists, whatever.

Doing something that counteracts normal bodily needs solely for religious reasons is downright retarded, IMO.

Lets kick bullshit religions out of football.

that's true but in the end, the athlete and the medical staff know more about the player than any of us, so throwing a hissy fit without really knowing what is the cause is pretty sad.

Lets kick bullshitting fans out of football.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I understand the POV of guys saying it'll affect his performance and that its unprofessional. If thats the case then the club should fine him because its breach of contract. But if the club is already aware of the situation and has accepted it as part of his contract, then I don't see how that is unprofessional on his behalf... The bottom line is that we have no idea as fans what exactly is the situation and all we can do is speculate...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
icεmαή;2084321 said:
I understand the POV of guys saying it'll affect his performance and that its unprofessional. If thats the case then the club should fine him because its breach of contract. But if the club is already aware of the situation and has accepted it as part of his contract, then I don't see how that is unprofessional on his behalf... The bottom line is that we have no idea as fans what exactly is the situation and all we can do is speculate...
Not really... I mean, I don't know why I have to keep repeating this, but... Sissoko himself said it caused problems for his game.

We saw his poor performances, he admits that he was weak because of fasting... I don't know what else people want besides him dying of starvation on the pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)