Athletes and their beliefs (48 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Our season is over. Call it quits, lets get back into the transfer market for a new DM to replace Sissoko.

Apr 12, 2004
Okey. That's your opinion and I respect it but I can't agree with you. Take a pay cut just because of Ramadan? Don't think so. I can understand your anger if the half team would fast but it's only one player and it's just one month! As I said earlier, we have good player who can make a great job instead of Momo and it doesn't harm the team that much just because one single player fast. Last year when he took part in Ramadan he did play, maybe not his best, but he did play and that prove he can do that again if Ferrara wants it. If not, bench him. What's the problem?
I'm sure you feel the same about Delpie.

Our season is over. Call it quits, lets get back into the transfer market for a new DM to replace Sissoko.
Make sure he ain't no towel head or sand nigger first.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If anyone is to be blamed, its the management. He was a Muslim and fasted before he signed for Juve, so they're responsible if he underperforms due to fasting.
You can't blame the management for personal choices. If you sign a player who is agnostic, but then becomes a Muslim and fasts during Ramadan, then that is what you call a personal choice. Whether or not the management thought about his religion before buying him is absurd anyway, because if they did, then they would be deemed as bigots for profiling players based on some aspect about them. If they wouldn't sign a Muslim player because he fasts, then we'd have all of the Arab world burning Juventus flags. We wouldn't want that.

So what it is is a no-win situation. It is up to the player to act responsibly as a professional.

Okey. That's your opinion and I respect it but I can't agree with you. Take a pay cut just because of Ramadan? Don't think so. I can understand your anger if the half team would fast but it's only one player and it's just one month! As I said earlier, we have good player who can make a great job instead of Momo and it doesn't harm the team that much just because one single player fast. Last year when he took part in Ramadan he did play, maybe not his best, but he did play and that prove he can do that again if Ferrara wants it. If not, bench him. What's the problem?
If the team had to fast because of a religion, I wouldn't support that team, because it's fucking nonsense. Sport and religion should be separated, just like church and state. If somebody wants to create a team full of Muslim fasters, than so be it, but that's not Juventus.

So no, I'm more angry at Sissoko for this because it is just him. You can make excuses for him all you want, saying that there are other capable players for the position, but lets be honest here -- you're talking nonsense. It's basically like saying I'm going to drink and drive tonight, just because if I get too drunk, I'll have somebody with me who is sober. Or think about it if those replacements become injured.

The problem is this is a team sport and you let down the team if you don't take care of yourself. Leave the garbage religious bullshit out of football. If you can't, then make sure people know about it and take a leave of absence and a pay cut.

The club should have been aware of the consequences of buying a player who is a Muslim and prays during Ramadan, in fact I think they already took this into consideration before going for Momo in the market.

Ramadan is an important pillar of Islam, and for a Muslim, Islam is the main priority in life. This means that you simply can't expect Sissoko to skip fasting, it's an obligation for him and every Muslim in the world. And besides, it's not as if he doesn't participate in the matches, he is still giving 120% despite maybe being in a slightly worse shape than the others.

If Ciro doesn't want him to play during Ramadan then that's fine. And if the club would want him to take a pay cut, then this would have already been discussed before even signing a contract with him.

So in conclusion, you really can't blame Sissoko for this whole thing.
Yes, I can.

If not, then you provide grounds for clubs discriminating against Muslim players.

Perhaps all football clubs shouldn't purchase Muslim players because of this nonsense fasting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Momo needs to eat during Ramadan. Look, Islam's a shitty religion. It's really, really shitty. It's one of the worst I've ever seen. I will not hide and say I think it's just another religion. No, it's really poor. Way worse than christianity. You'd have to be a moron to be a muslim.

That said though, it is not the reason why Momo should eat during Ramadan. Even if it was sensible, which it is not, it would be unhealthy. Surely Islam does not require Momo to compromise his health?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's funny how the Muslims claim that the clubs are responsible for buying a Muslim player who fasts, yet if they discriminate against a Muslim player because of their beliefs, they'll raise hell and start burning flags and discriminating themselves.

So in actuality, they try to create false flag attacks for the purpose of pity-partying.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's funny how the Muslims claim that the clubs are responsible for buying a Muslim player who fasts, yet if they discriminate against a Muslim player because of their beliefs, they'll raise hell and start burning flags and discriminating themselves.

So in actuality, they try to create false flag attacks for the purpose of pity-partying.
In all fairness a lot of European clubs do think about the Ramadan though. Just like some clubs don't buy African players because of the African Cup of Nation others don't buy muslim players because of Ramadan. This is not discrimination though, as fasting compromises performance.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In all fairness a lot of European clubs do think about the Ramadan though. Just like some clubs don't buy African players because of the African Cup of Nation others don't buy muslim players because of Ramadan. This is not discrimination though, as fasting compromises performance.
I'm not sure if it is or not, but one thing is for sure -- Muslims will consider it discrimination without a doubt and consider it unacceptable, even though it is something they bring upon themselves.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm not sure if it is or not, but one thing is for sure -- Muslims will consider it discrimination without a doubt and consider it unacceptable, even though it is something they bring upon themselves.
It's not discrimination: you buy a soccer player because he's good at playing soccer. A muslim who fasts cannot perform at his normal level. This makes him useless.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Momo needs to eat during Ramadan. Look, Islam's a shitty religion. It's really, really shitty. It's one of the worst I've ever seen. I will not hide and say I think it's just another religion. No, it's really poor. Way worse than christianity. You'd have to be a moron to be a muslim.

That said though, it is not the reason why Momo should eat during Ramadan. Even if it was sensible, which it is not, it would be unhealthy. Surely Islam does not require Momo to compromise his health?
-rep

it's his choice, he doesn't have to do it

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
-rep

it's his choice, he doesn't have to do it
Exactly. It's Juve's choice to leave him out of the squad. I don't want a player who fasts in my squad. Hell, I don't even want him to come to practice.

Funny how fast you muslims move by the way, I've already been -repped twice. But guess what: a pro does not fast.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's not discrimination: you buy a soccer player because he's good at playing soccer. A muslim who fasts cannot perform at his normal level. This makes him useless.
It can be construed as discrimination considering the Muslim's beliefs are attacked. Once you associate fasting with Muslims, you start figuring out which players are Muslims or not, then you check them off the list. That is indeed discrimination.

But like I said, I find it unacceptable if they don't take pay cuts or register for a leave of absence. Clubs can't waste time dealing with this BS.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009

:howler:

Keep dreaming.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Exactly. It's Juve's choice to leave him out of the squad. I don't want a player who fasts in my squad. Hell, I don't even want him to come to practice.

Funny how fast you muslims move by the way, I've already been -repped twice. But guess what: a pro does not fast.
fine, but don't do what your trolling instincts tell you to i.e. make the thread about something that it very obviously isn't

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)