ASQ (33 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005

How is it possible that Hitchcock never won an Oscar?
it is a disgrace when you consider it,but then i believe that Oscars are not always handed out on merit,otherwise Scorsese would have won one years before and not given one as an afterthought

Now I dont know that much about american history but why is it that black people, whos ancestors actually came from africa have such unafrican last names? All of them have white peoples last name.
those fuzzy cuddly American plantation owners who lovingly took them in had a little trouble pronouncing their names so gave them their last names instead,kinda like adoption:bianconero:

OP
bianconero
Sep 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2,865
    Why do many people who are born and reared in a country feign an accent that often sounds as though they have just landed from a distant land?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Now I dont know that much about american history but why is it that black people, whos ancestors actually came from africa have such unafrican last names? All of them have white peoples last name.

I don't know if the US is similar to Libya and North Africa. In Libya, slaves didn't have names, only the names their owners called them, most of the time they were taken from their families when they were very young, so when slavery was abolished, they just took their former "owner's" name, because their surnames were not known.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    What if you are allergic to oysters?

Can the world be your taco instead?

Or if you are a vegan, can the world be your bowl of Soy Milk?

And if Ian Gillan from Deep Purple really WAS knocking at my back door, would I be wise to open it and let him in?

OP
    bianconero
    Sep 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2,879
    What if you are allergic to oysters?

Can the world be your taco instead?

Or if you are a vegan, can the world be your bowl of Soy Milk?

And if Ian Gillan from Deep Purple really WAS knocking at my back door, would I be wise to open it and let him in?
    If his drunk:

then no. His muddle name ain't funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)