Ashoura crazy night (5 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I dont get why there is 4 pages on this topic, its very simple. If people are stupid enough to hit themselves over the head with a sword, we shouldnt be stopping them.
indeed...just another one of snake_midget's many attempts to gain attention

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I dont get why there is 4 pages on this topic, its very simple. If people are stupid enough to hit themselves over the head with a sword, we shouldnt be stopping them.
So very true. Let them kill themselves, less idiots to deal with.

The problem is, when they drag kids into it, and believe me, many of them do.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
So very true. Let them kill themselves, less idiots to deal with.

The problem is, when they drag kids into it, and believe me, many of them do.
I thought that went fundamentally against islam, i always understood that Islam protected the sanctity of childhood from religious practises ie. the Ramadan fast.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
it isn't allowed/acceptable/permitted/sanctioned in Islam

these people are fanatics...what has been a cultural (not Islamic) thing has been taken to the nth degree out of ignorance

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I thought that went fundamentally against islam, i always understood that Islam protected the sanctity of childhood from religious practises ie. the Ramadan fast.
What Ahmed said above.

This isn't even an Islamic practice. It is completely against Islamic teachings.

And even if we assumed that it was an Islamic practice, you're right about the protection of the sanctity of childhood, children wouldn't have to partake in this

BTW, this is banned in most muslim countries.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I knew all of that, i was saying that even these fanatatics should be protecting their children untill they come of age. Not that i want anyone to do, but if they really want to do it of their own accord, there is no reason to stop them. It is their choice, and if they are that stupid that they think hitting themselves over the head with a sword is a good idea and it will bring them closer to their god then let them. Its the same reason that i wouldnt stop someone walking down traintracks, if they are that stupid its their responsibility. Or if someone walked out in front of my car, i would take no reponsibility for them doing it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No you're completely right and i agree with you.

But these people know nothing about their own religion, a lot of them bring their kids with them and make them do this shit. I've seen loads of pics with small kids crying and their dads opening their heads up with knives. Its disgusting.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I just want to point out that i don't believe that this is in anyway representative of islam. The same way i dont see Islamic terrorism as being representative of islam, there are 2 billion muslims give or take a few million and there is less than 250 k that would be considered funamentalist i would hazard a guess at and it would be ridiculous and illogical to view all of Islam in the same light as fundamentalists. I am not islamiphobic, i am antitheistic, theres a big difference, i oppose all religions and i dont single out one especially as the people that do single out islam are identifying islam as a racial group and it is an act of racism and xenophobia, something i completetly oppose.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I just want to point out that i don't believe that this is in anyway representative of islam. The same way i dont see Islamic terrorism as being representative of islam, there are 2 billion muslims give or take a few million and there is less than 250 k that would be considered funamentalist i would hazard a guess at and it would be ridiculous and illogical to view all of Islam in the same light as fundamentalists. I am not islamiphobic, i am antitheistic, theres a big difference, i oppose all religions and i dont single out one especially as the people that do single out islam are identifying islam as a racial group and it is an act of racism and xenophobia, something i completetly oppose.
thank you for the disclaimer Jas, you may proceed with the Islam/religion bashing now

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
How can this not be attributed to Islam?
It's not even attributed to Shi'a. It has to be mentioned either in Qoran or in Hadith (or even in the stories about Muhammad and his followers' lives). This way, you can even attribute "stoning" to Islam but no way do these retards have anything to do with Islam and Shi'a. They are even condemned I mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)