ashley cole? (2 Viewers)

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Tell me, have you watched Thuram play this season? More importantly, have you watched Cole play this season?
Bah....Cole plays in Premier leauge....shyte Leauge where onley domestic players can perform. If they sell him to us....I bet that we will learn to appriciete Birindelli and Pessoto!!!!!!!!!
We will see in their direct matchup. Ill bet you in dinner that Thuram will eat him ALIVE!
And we are not talking about current form cuz then GilbertoSilva is better player than Nedved. We are talking who is better player.....Thuram is....with no doubt better than Cole....with no disscusion

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Bah....Cole plays in Premier leauge....shyte Leauge where onley domestic players can perform.
If only domestic players can succeed in a league, doesn't that mean it's of a high caliber? IMO Serie A's more exclusive in terms of success when it comes to nationalities than EPL

Len

Feb 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

If only domestic players can succeed in a league, doesn't that mean it's of a high caliber? IMO Serie A's more exclusive in terms of success when it comes to nationalities than EPL
Yeah, true.....

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
IMO Serie A's more exclusive in terms of success when it comes to nationalities than EPL
so according to that, the standard of football in england should be higher than italy.

that is obviously light years from the truth,if you've been watching both these leagues on a constant basis.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
That's exactly why I said that.

He said that EPL was crap because only domestic players can cope, which isn't true. Any decent player can thrive in EPL, whereas with Serie A, you've gotta be a tough cookie (for severe lack of a better expression) to survive, making it a stronger league.

Mar 14, 2004
That's exactly why I said that.

He said that EPL was crap because only domestic players can cope, which isn't true. Any decent player can thrive in EPL, whereas with Serie A, you've gotta be a tough cookie (for severe lack of a better expression) to survive, making it a stronger league.

Well....how come that Veron performed like a wizard here and stinked there? And Ravanelli? And Mutu? And Crespo? ..........list goes on and on.

I remember one statement that Anelka said about EPL: "This is a style of play in EPL: you kick the ball upfront and you hope that your striker will get it and score. If he fails to get the ball or score,dont worry.....youll get 20 more chances like that in the match."

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Wow, 4 players.

What about the number of Spanish players who have failed in Italy? How many Englishmen have even set foot on Italian soil to attempt playing in Serie A? Sure, it might be because they have a decent domestic league of their own, but I think an Italian would do better in EPL than an Englishman would do in Serie A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)