ashley cole? (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I think they're both good players, and while Cole is faster and more agile, I think they're of about the same level overall. They'd both make good players for Juve, but neither is going to come to Italy.

Firstly you have Cole, playing for the best team in England (right now), which just happens to be his favourite team, and the one whose youth teams he came through.

Then you've Chelsea's first choice leftback. Consider the following bidding war:
"Mister Abrahmovic, could we buy Wayne Bridge for €50m?"
"No. Piss off."

As for this crap about English players never making it in Italy, it's uninformed bullshit, contradicted by experience. The truth is that English players almost never go to Italy, because they have a perfectly good league at home.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
I think they're both good players, and while Cole is faster and more agile, I think they're of about the same level overall. They'd both make good players for Juve, but neither is going to come to Italy.

Firstly you have Cole, playing for the best team in England (right now), which just happens to be his favourite team, and the one whose youth teams he came through.

Then you've Chelsea's first choice leftback. Consider the following bidding war:
"Mister Abrahmovic, could we buy Wayne Bridge for €50m?"
"No. Piss off."

As for this crap about English players never making it in Italy, it's uninformed bullshit, contradicted by experience. The truth is that English players almost never go to Italy, because they have a perfectly good league at home.
john boy, i agree with most of the post....still think cole is better :D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Thuram is Arsenal's no.1 target in the summer according to skysports and others... So maybe it isn't so unrealistic that Cole comes... We'll see that soon, I'm just sooooo eager to see our moves in the transfer market...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
No, the deal is not a trade Thuram-Cole, but probably Thuram will be sold... And for rightback, I'd definitely chose Trabelsi, he comes for free and he is good enough, at least better than Thuram in this season...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
If we buy Cole and sell Thuram, we'll have 2 left backs and no right backs
biri and pessotto can both play on the right(although pessotto hasn't done it in 3-4 years) and zamby can definitely switch over to RB if needed.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Maybe I should have said "reliable RBs". Biri and Pessotto are okay, but far from world class, which is what a team like Juve should expect.

Jul 28, 2002
biri is a top class player for us as he is willing to sit on the becnh and he does a decent job when he comes on.

Trabelsi should be numebr one choice as he is free, and has said he would like to join us.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Maybe I should have said "reliable RBs". Biri and Pessotto are okay, but far from world class, which is what a team like Juve should expect.
personally i'm still a huge fan of the efficient pessotto,been injured in the last couple of years but whenever he's played he's always showed that he's very reliable imo.a very solid player,even at 33.

Jul 28, 2002
des, but how many can we have??? pessotto imo has been too injry prone for the last few seasons, not doing a good enough job, especially lippi in his mind must count him a first teamer, but he is never fit.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
biri is a top class player for us as he is willing to sit on the becnh and he does a decent job when he comes on.
:sigh: I never said otherwise. I simply said that if we lose Thuram, we'll only have Biri and Pessotto on the right. As you said yourself, he's a sub player who does a decent job. Always relying on decent jobs lead to sloppy defeats.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i agree that biri will remain nothing more than a sub player,he hasn't forced his way into the team and isn't about to do it now at 30.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
If we buy Cole and sell Thuram, we'll have 2 left backs and no right backs

that's true. we already have zambrotta as a left back, so we don't need cole.
if we sell thuram, we can get oddo as a left back ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Imo Cole is a better player than Thuram atm, but as Graham said, it wouldn't make sense selling our only 'top class' right back to get a left back.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Tell me, have you watched Thuram play this season? More importantly, have you watched Cole play this season?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)