ashley cole? (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
:rofl:....keegan was a poor manager for england, and he never played bridge when he was manager, cole was not his first choice either....i believe p.neville was his first choice.

bridge in truth offers slightly more in the aerial department, but he is not as athletic as cole. cole weakness is aerial ability, otherwise he is a fantastic let back. Bridge is allround godd player, but nothing really special imo.
Keegan was a manager....we arnt......so laugh to someboyd else.
Second of all....when he was a manager these two were kids.
And something nice....on BBC sports voteing: 82% for Bridge rest(arse fans calling all the night) for Cole

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Marko ] ++
Comparing Bridge and Cole: Bridge is much better.
Only Roberto Carlos is worse than Cole :)
sorry but those two statements do not make much sense to me.

are u saying that the are in this order

1. Bridge
2. Cole
3. R.Carlos

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Keegan was a manager....we arnt......so laugh to someboyd else.
Second of all....when he was a manager these two were kids.
And something nice....on BBC sports voteing: 82% for Bridge rest(arse fans calling all the night) for Cole
keegan is renowned for being a poor technical manager, but more of an inspirational manager, if u look at his teams, they have all been crap defensively.

And i believe the voting was mainly respose that they would prefer to see a Cole brigde partnership in the left side for england, with bridge left back, as cole was faster more agile going forward thus more suitable to the left mid position.

Mar 14, 2004
please tell me why bridge is better than cole??
I must go to sleep...work tomorrow.
But lets say that:

Definately better defence........
Better air-play..........................
better balance.........................
stronger..................................
better positioning...................
better finishing........................
better timeing..........................

Cole is better in:

Complaining to refs
Technique
Attacking part

We are talking about LB in 442 system......so defensive attributes are more worthy here....

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

sorry but those two statements do not make much sense to me.

are u saying that the are in this order

1. Bridge
2. Cole
3. R.Carlos

I wouldnt have Carlos in my team......he is crap in defense.....take a look how much goals everybody score to Real. Zambo made him a fool last year.
He doesnt have even a cross....he shoots the ball into box onley.
People love him cuz his free-kick....nothing more

gray

Apr 22, 2003
:rofl:....keegan was a poor manager for england, and he never played bridge when he was manager, cole was not his first choice either....i believe p.neville was his first choice.
And how old were Bridge and Cole when Keegan was manager? :rolleyes:

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

I wouldnt have Carlos in my team......he is crap in defense.....take a look how much goals everybody score to Real. Zambo made him a fool last year.
He doesnt have even a cross....he shoots the ball into box onley.
People love him cuz his free-kick....nothing more
R.Carlos is a classic. give him strong defender to play with him and u will c his real value

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have to agree with Barkuss. Bridge offers so much more than Cole, pretty much in every department. R.Carlos is a shite defender who, for me, would be last left back I would buy, even to the overated Cole. IMO everyone on Arsenal are overated, except for Vieira and Pires, and of course Henry. Zambrotta is the best left back in the world IMO, so there is no reason to move him.

Markko

May 29, 2003
Carlos is (with Beckham) probably the most overrated player in the world.
His famous kick? Wow, he used to be good in 1997, 1998 od 1999. Mihajlović (Lazio) was better (at the same time, from 1997 to 1999).
Carlos shoots towards the goal. Many players would score more goals from so many shots.
And he is a terrible defender.

Another comparison for Carlos: his national teammate and captain Cafu is much better (even now, at his contemporary age)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Roberto Carlos has power, pace and dribbling skills.

When it comes to overall effectiveness, he's way too unreliable in defence (how many times do i have to mention his disaster attempted bicycle-kick clearances at France 98), and he wastes a lot of free kicks because the other team knows that they just have to put a wall directly in front of him because he just hits it straight at goal.

Don't even mention that outward-curling freekick against France, that was one in a million.

So what does that leave us with? Crosses that nobody wants to get their heads to for fear of brain damage, and a powerful shot that goes in once for every fifty shots he takes.

Given a free kick, I'd rather have van Hoojidonk, Henry, or Mihajlovic and Harte a few seasons ago.

Maybe I shouldn't even bother mentioning that he's not very strong defensively in the air :LOL:

Final verdict? Over-rated.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well said Graham! Beckham, Roberto Carlos, and Owen are the most overated players in the game today. I feel bad for England fans, as you know your in trouble if a player like Beckham is the leader for your team! I also laugh when Michael "wonder boy" Owen misses chance after chance. When will people just accept that he is not that good anymore, and he is washed up. IMO England has the most overated footballers in the world; with the likes of Heskey, Owen, all three Coles, and Beckham, it gives you a reason to want to play England in Euro 2004! I think the Czech and Italian teams have far better players than England, and it will show this summer.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
You're right, England has some extremely over-rated players.

The players I'd most like to see at Euro 2004, just to see how they perform as full starters compared to Owen and Becks etc. would be players like Vassell, Hargreaves, Bridge, even Alan Smith and John Terry. Not superstars, but a refreshing change from seeing names like Neville on England team sheets for too many years now

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
You're right, England has some extremely over-rated players.

The players I'd most like to see at Euro 2004, just to see how they perform as full starters compared to Owen and Becks etc. would be players like Vassell, Hargreaves, Bridge, even Alan Smith and John Terry. Not superstars, but a refreshing change from seeing names like Neville on England team sheets for too many years now
did u see what neville did to Zambo?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)