Arturo Vidal (99 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You really are an appalling Juventus fan. You take objectivity to the point of absurdity and underrate everything Juve and overrate everything (players, trophies, records) of other teams.

That 7:1 junk is just outright stupid. Who would even compare like that :rofl:

The only difference between Bayern and Juventus in Europe is 3 CL trophies. 5>2... Over 60 years of CL play. 3 more CL trophies. 2 less UEFA cups. The two biggest European trophies. And yes, UEFA cup was a huge trophy back when we were winning it. You had teams 2-5 in Serie A playing in it. Only 1 team played in CL. 2-5 played UEFA Cup. Brutal competition back in that era. 4 top teams from Bundes, BPL, La Liga, Serie A...

Huge trophy. It's only fans who really are product of the modern era bloated CL (and $#@! Europa League) that don't understand the huge value of that trophy in 70s, 80s, early 90s. Ignorance at its finest.

SO yeah. Bayern's 5 CL trump Juventus' 2 significantly... But Juve's 3 UEFA cups to Bayern's 1 closes that gap a lot, and makes it so Bayern has a slightly better European history than us. Not some major advantage.

Same deal with Barca, but even less so an advantage. 5 CL + 0 UEFA Cups. As opposed to our 2 CL + 3 UEFA Cups.

Liverpool actually has a significant advantage in European history with 5 CL and 3 UEFA cups. I always forget about them. Madrid, Milan, Liverpool. That's it.

God, listening to a Juve fan argue for this nonsense is gross. I feel like I'm hearing the arguments of an Inter fan :inter:

- - - Updated - - -

He's also being absurd. WTF is this head-to-head thing where he gets 7-1. It's a retarded way to compare it. It's pretty obvious Bayern have a better European record, no one is even arguing that, we all acknowledge it, but saying it's majorly better is hilarious. It's slightly better.

I actually enjoy discussing things with Hist in general, but I'm done with this now.

If he wants to be that Juve fan that spends his time singing the praises of other teams' players, and other clubs histories, while constantly downplaying and underrating our history and our players so be it... but that's quite disgusting tbh.
I am sorry for not regarding UEFA Cups as good as Europeans from the very same time period.

All that 7:1 stuff is just another way of saying that they won a UEFA cup around the same time that we did, and our other 2 wins are much bettered by them winning three superior trophy wins. So not only do they have more trophies that matter in terms of numbers in general, but also most of their trophies are of the superior type. Thats a significant difference.

Talk up the UEFA cup all you want it doesn't matter for this comparison, because no matter how difficult winning it was, winning the European Cup (CL) was always more difficult around that time period. If one had the runners up of big leagues in it, the other had the winners of big leagues in it. So Again Juve is disadvantaged in the quantity and the quality of big European trophies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I find it fascinating tbh. Being a fan and trying to devalue history of the club you support.
Yeah I can separate between how I wish things were and how things actually are. Any non-Juve fan easily sees how often Juve choked outside of Italy and how poorly that compares to most big European clubs.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Is Hist saying Bayern's history > ours? lol

Serie A's popularity and competitiveness in the 80s and 90s alone or the fact that we dominated the domestic scene for longer makes our history better. We've been one of the best teams domestically for a century. Bayern weren't in the scene before late 60s.
European record yes. Overall hostory, depends on whether you value Europe over local leagues or not. Btw, they were in the scene. Germany was sliced up differently back then.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I am sorry for not regarding UEFA Cups as good as Europeans from the very same time period.

All that 7:1 stuff is just another way of saying that they won a UEFA cup around the same time that we did, and our other 2 wins are much bettered by them winning three superior trophy wins. So not only do they have more trophies that matter in terms of numbers in general, but also most of their trophies are of the superior type. Thats a significant difference.

Talk up the UEFA cup all you want it doesn't matter for this comparison, because no matter how difficult winning it was, winning the European Cup (CL) was always more difficult around that time period. If one had the runners up of big leagues in it, the other had the winners of big leagues in it. So Again Juve is disadvantaged in the quantity and the quality of big European trophies.
So you would say that Bayern's European history is 7 times as great as ours?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)