Arturo Vidal (19 Viewers)

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Let's stop being biased here. He wanted to leave, we get 40mil for him. When was the last time we sold for that much? People forget we built a stadium and totally revamped our squad with next to no money coming our way. And besides, players like Vidal, who aren't about flair and fancy, don't go for more than that. As much as I liked him, offensively he was pretty limited, apart from his runs in the box from time to time. Okay technically, mediocre creatively, he was all about stamina. While I'm sure he will be missed, we've replaced more important players than him before.

Tutu

Dec 20, 2014
Allegri never rated Vidal. He was 100% Conte's player. The coach was one of the reasons for Vidal to leave. Let him enjoy being toyed by Pep.

Mar 10, 2009
If what Vidal said is true, then there is plenty of things we can learn from his interview.

1. A strong Serie A benifits Juventus. I've been saying this for years, it still boggles my mind how users in this forum celebrate Serie A teams flopping in Europe or when their top players are sold. Fact of the matter winning Serie A with no competition no longer becomes valuable, and in all honesty we can't expect to keep the best players.

2. The importance of the CL, fact of the matter the best players want to win the CL, this is the most important trophy in modern day football. I believe Vidal may have panicked at the sale of Tevez and generally felt we won't be competing for the CL anymore. Though Bayern are hardly in a league of competition, they all most guarante players a shot at winning the CL on a yearly bases. At least there recenty history proves that they do.

3. It is important we do well in the CL, next year is extremely crucial, as long as we do well in the CL consistently I can't see why we can't keep our best players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)