Articles (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Post the articles related to the players in this thread. Please refrain from posting articles in threads where discussion is taking place. Articles with no link to the reference will be deleted.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Tacchinardi aims to turn the tide

In eleven years at Juventus, Alessio Tacchinardi won the Scudetto six times and claimed a UEFA Champions League winner's medal in 1996. However, the 30-year-old midfielder was on the sidelines when the Bianconeri beat AFC Ajax on penalties in the final in Rome.

Touching distance
After Tacchinardi lost three other finals (1997, 1998 and 2003) before leaving Juventus to join Villarreal last summer, not many would have bet on him getting within touching distance of another European trophy. Yet now only Arsenal FC - Juventus's quarter-final conquerors – stand between Tacchinardi's new club and the Paris final on 17 May.

'Many friends'
"Honestly I'm very happy because I would not have liked to play against Juventus," Tacchinardi told uefa.com. "At Juve I have many friends - the coach, the club and the fans. I would much rather play Arsenal even if at this stage of the season they are probably stronger and in better form than Juventus. It is a matter of heart: I prefer to face Arsenal than a side I represented all my career.":angel: :angel:

Henry threat
The English team, who beat Juventus 2-0 on aggregate, hold no particular secrets for Tacchinardi, who has discussed them with his former Bianconeri team-mates. "I called them after both legs because they were really down. They told me Arsenal are playing very well and that Thierry Henry was out of this world. They play a strange brand of football. They defend well and play with only one striker but have many midfielders ready to attack. It will be a difficult semi-final, but that's normal at this stage of the competition."

Away goal wanted
What must Villarreal do, then, to defeat the Gunners? "Mental and physical condition is what matters most in a balanced tie like this. Our ground, El Madrigal, is very important too, but we should try to score an away goal as we did through Diego Forlán at [FC] Internazionale [Milano]. If we score at Highbury, we can play our own cards at home."

'More beautiful'
It has taken less than a season at Villarreal for Tacchinardi to become a huge fan of Spanish football. "Now I play here, I can say that football is more beautiful in La Liga compared to Serie A. The tactical point of view is more important in Italy, while here every team tries to play more spectacular football. In Italy the game is more defensive and here they always speak about 'catenaccio'."

Staying on
The former Atalanta BC trainee is even keen to finish his career in Spain. "My agent said I had offers from Italy but I wanted a less stressful experience after giving myself to Juventus. In Italy there are too many polemics, too much stress. If you win everything is fine, but if you lose ... See what happened to Inter's players after their defeat against us. I won't play on for many more years, but I will certainly do it in Spain."

World star
Having teamed up with world-class footballers in Turin, Tacchinardi can spot a quality player. And Juan Román Riquelme is certainly one. "Román reminds me of Zinédine Zidane five years ago. Now I think 'Zizou' is a bit tired physically and mentally and he may decide to retire after the [FIFA] World Cup. It's a pity because I played with him when he was at his best and he was amazing. Riquelme can also make the difference at every level and I hope he becomes a star at the World Cup."

Paris prize
Villarreal have been the biggest surprise of this UEFA Champions League season, despite lying only eighth in their domestic league. "We want to qualify for the UEFA Cup, but the Champions League is much more important. We have used up a lot of energy getting this far and the goal is to go all the way to Paris and then lift the trophy."

Monday, 17 April 2006
by Carlos Núñez & Paolo Menicucci
uefa.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Zlatan il pantofolaio

Si sono conosciuti due anni fa a New York, stanno insieme ufficialmente da poco più di un anno. Lei si è trasferita a Torino, nel bellissimo appartamento dello svedese in piazza Castello. Si sposeranno il prossimo maggio, subito dopo il campionato, prima dell'inizio dei Mondiali; entrambi hanno comunque precisato che "non c'è nessun bebè in arrivo".

Fiori d'arancio per Zlatan Ibrahimovic quindi, volubile stella della Juventus, e la top model Helena Seger, giunonica svedese di 10 anni più anziana del futuro marito. Tutto perfetto? Non proprio perchè è ormai noto quanto lei non ami stare a Torino, città, a suo dire, troppo poco trendy. Il povero Zlatan è preoccupato...

Biondissima, formosissima, Helena non passa certo inosservata. L'attaccante è talmente innamorato che accetta ogni suo capriccio, anche i continui viaggetti a New York o in Dubai, nella splendida casa che Ibrahimovic ha appena acquistato nell'esclusiva isola La Palma.

Eppure Zlatan ha fatto sapere alla sua bella che non intende muoversi da Torino. "Amo Torino - ha detto in un'intervista ad un magazine inglese specializzato in calcio italiano - lo so, sembro uno irrequieto, ma io invece sono un tipo tranquillo. Il mio tempo libero lo passo nel più completo relax. E' per questo che preferisco il capoluogo piemontese ad Amsterdam, città caotica e rumorosa. Dopo l'allenamento o la partita io devo recuperare energie vitali".

Zlatan pantofolaio quindi e poco amante degli highlights del gossip con gran gioia della sua Helena che lo può tenere sotto controllo. "Cosa faccio a casa mia? Semplice! I videogames! Adoro la Playstation 2, gioco tantissimo a Pro Evolution Soccer oppure amo i giochi strategici e guardare i dvd. Sono un fan di Al Pacino e il mio film preferito, lo sanno tutti, è Scarface".

Zlatan e Helena si sono conosciuti nel 2000 a Malmoe, città natale di entrambi. Il legame è stato ufficializzato però solo la scorsa estate, durante una vacanza a New York. Ibrahimovic, come si è potuto capire, è un tipo introverso, molto geloso della sua privacy.

http://sport.virgilio.it/it/cmc/indiscreto/200616/cmc_95020.html

---------------------------------------------

Briefly:

1- Zlatan will marry the top model Helena Seger next May...

2- She doesn't like Turin and that worries Zlatan...

3- Zlatan denies during an interview with English magazine that he wants to leave Turin. He said: " I know it, I seem a unstable one, but instead I am so calm". As a result, he prefers Turin over Amsterdam because the later is chaotic and noisy...

4- Zlatan likes Playstation 2, Pro Evolution Soccer and he's a fan of Al Pacino and his favorite movie is "Scarface"...

5- Zlatan and Helena have known each other in 2000 in Malmoe, the birthtown of both. The relationship became official only in the past summer, during a vacation to New York.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Camoranesi appeal rejected

Juventus have failed in their appeal to get Mauro German Camoranesi’s two-match ban scrapped or reduced on Thursday.

The club’s lawyers attended an appeal hearing in front of the disciplinary commission this afternoon, but their attempts to overturn the original decision proved unsuccessful.

The Argentine was stopped for two matches after video evidence was used to find him guilty of violent conduct.

The winger, who has had numerous disciplinary problems this season, was caught on camera attempting to elbow a Cagliari player during Saturday’s 1-1 draw.

The former Verona player, who is thought to be heading out of the Stadio Delle Alpi at the end of this season, will now miss the games against Lazio and Siena.

It’s unclear at this stage whether the Turin giants will now lodge a second appeal with the CAF courts in a bid to have the player available for Saturday.

Channel4

un altro alex

Jan 15, 2006
Discussion Ibra - Capello

(DS) - Torino, 25 aprile - I bianconeri hanno svolto un`intensa seduta mattutina: Fabio Capello ha chiacchierato a lungo con Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Pare probabile che l`allenatore intenda escludere lo svedese, che non e` riuscito a segnare nemmeno nella partitella in famiglia, domenica a Siena lasciando spazio a un Alessandro Del Piero apparso molto carico. Nel test si e` rivisto Giuliano Giannichedda, e sono andati a segno proprio Del Piero, Pavel Nedved con una doppietta, e David Trezeguet. Gigi Buffon ed Emerson erano presenti non sono scesi in campo.

www.datasport.it
-----------------------------------------------

briefly, during yesterday's training Capello had a long talk aside with Ibrahimovic, and it is suggested, even though we have no way of knowing with certainty what they said, that he might leave Ibra on the bench for Sunday's game against Siena, since he failed to score even in the little match between the team. The scorers were actually DP, Nedved twice, and Trez. Buffon and Emerson did not take part in the match.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Zlatan Sold His House In Turin

Nelle ultime ore da Torino rimbalza una voce a proposito di Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Lo svedese avrebbe messo in vendita la propia casa a due passi da piazza Castello, pare per una cifra di 1,8 milioni. Potrebbe non voler dire nulla, ma in Svezia l'indiscrezione è già stata letta come intenzione di Zlatan di lasciare la Juve.

http://sport.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200617/cmc_95371.html

Translation...Using a web translator:

In the last hours from Turin voice of Zlatan Ibrahimovic bounces one on purpose. The Swede would have put in sale propia the house to two steps from public square Castle, seems for a figure of 1,8 million. It could not want to say null, but in Sweden the indiscretion already has been read like intention of Zlatan to leave the Juve.

Please talk:D

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Baby star canta per Ibra

Ha solo sette anni ma in Svezia è già una star musicale. Frans, bambino prodigio, ha pensato bene di sfruttare la sua popolarità e scrivere una canzone per il suo idolo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Preoccupato per lo scarso rendomento dell'attaccante della sua nazionale, in vista dei Mondiali, ecco che il piccolo Frans ha inciso un disco, "Who's that man", subito in testa alle classifiche svedesi.

Come Ibra, anche Frans è figlio di immigrati. "E' cresciuto in una città poverissima – canta in inglese – in cui la gente lotta per sopravvivere. Ma ora è una stella e questo l'ha reso ricco", dove rich fa rima con Ibrahimovic.

Il disco sta spopolando tanto che il ritornello è ormai un tormentone: "Nessuno gioca a calcio come lui, Zlatan, Zlatan...".

Chissà che un cd non finisca anche negli spogliatoi bianconeri...

http://sport.virgilio.it/it/cmc/indiscreto/200617/cmc_95412.html

--------------------------------------------------------

Briefly:

A new song is now in the Swedish listings. This song is performed by one of the immigrants praising Zlatan Ibrahimovic...

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Player of the Week: Vieira

Juventus would be wrong to dispose of Patrick Vieira after just one season in Turin as his performance in the 3-0 win over Siena demonstrated. The Frenchman was the midfield inspiration behind the Bianconeri’s success in Tuscany, a victory which edged them nearer to a 29th Italian Championship.

Vieira opened the scoring at the Artemio Franchi when his strength in the air was just too much for the ‘other’ Bianconeri to deal with. He then set-up Adrian Mutu’s strike, Juventus’ third of the game, just five minutes later with a sublime pass which underlined that he’s got vision to go along with his physicality.

Juve have missed Vieira for much of 2006. Although he has been regularly selected in the side, he’s struggled to perform at the high levels which he set himself at Arsenal in the past before his £14m summer departure from Highbury. Despite an encouraging start alongside Emerson, in a midfield partnership which boss Fabio Capello suggested was the best in the world, Vieira’s form did dip – and significantly.

His physical problems have hampered his ability to train and Capello’s non-existent rotation policy hasn’t helped him catch his breath. He wasn’t contributing to the Juventus cause as was hoped and his sheer amount of foul tackles were giving the Italian media plenty of negatives to comment on.

It had got to such a point that whispers started to circulate suggesting that the Old Lady of Italian football were even considering his sale at the end of the season. The supposed plan is that he will be offloaded and replaced at the Stadio Delle Alpi by Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard for the 2006-07 campaign.

In all honesty, the chances of seeing Vieira depart after just one year at Juventus look slim. Unless the Frenchman specifically asks to be sold then he will still be in the side next term, where he will have the possibility to underline his status as still being unquestionably one of the planet’s top midfielders.

After all, he’s visibly hungry to prove his worth. Last week’s altercation with Zlatan Ibrahimovic in training clearly didn’t disrupt his preparations for Sunday’s match. He scored his fifth of the campaign – all away from home – as well as protecting the back four and being prepared to aid the side offensively. Welcome back Patrick.

Channel4

un altro alex

Jan 15, 2006
After the two days spent with the rest of the called-up Azzurri players, Marco Marchionni spoke about this experience.

“I hope to be the surprise of the World Cup. Lippi complimented me for the season I had here at Parma, but we did not talk much more.

“In these last two games I will try to do my best, also because it’s surely the best way to be in the spotlight.

“I’m not deluding myself: after all I did not play any qualification or friendly matches and I’m convinced that those players who won the qualification deserve it."

goal.com

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
While I sincerely do hope that Paddy is over the mental/psychological blips that led to his dip in form,I think that his perfomance aginst Siena was largely due to the fact that he joined the attack more often than he used to.If Paddy is allowed to roam n drive forward more often knowing that his defensive midfield partner is doing the tackling and ball-winning we will see more of the Paddy that once ruled the world in his position.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Nedved considers retirement Thursday 22 June, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluigi Buffon confirms he enjoyed the battle with rival Petr Cech, but Pavel Nedved admits he’s considering retirement this summer.

“Pavel was sick of seeing me make all those saves after a while. As for Cech, he made a good save on Francesco Totti,” smiled the goalkeeper after a splendid performance in the 2-0 win over the Czech Republic.

“I made sure I was ready for anything. I liked the spirit we showed during this game, as you can see that when it’s really necessary, we step up a gear and hold together like a great squad. This is our strength.”

However, the goalkeeper confessed he wasn’t entirely happy about avoiding Brazil in the second round, setting up a clash with either Australia or Croatia.

“It’s better to face strong sides, as when we’re concentrated, we’re afraid of nobody. After all, the USA looked like an easy win, but when you think it’s going to be simple, that’s when you end up with a red face.”

Buffon’s Juventus teammate Nedved was downhearted at the final whistle and admits it could well be the end of his career.

“Perhaps it is my last match in football, let alone at international level. I am really tired and worn down, as I’m 34 years old now. I have to run so much in my role, it’s not easy. I enjoy training, but I don’t know if I’m able to play great games anymore. If I do decide to continue, I’d have no problem playing for Juventus in Serie B, as I’d do anything for this club. I’ll have to wait and make a decision with a relaxed state of mind.”

The Czechs got off to a great start in the competition, but crumbled after Jan Koller’s injury and lost their last two games.

“Unfortunately, we tried everything, but had no fit strikers left and it was a miracle Baros managed to last that long. However, the sides that went through deserved it. We had played on a par with a great side like Italy, but Jan Polak’s red card really cut us down.”

Nedved was his team’s most dangerous player on the day and stung the palms of club companion Buffon several times.

“Buffon saved everything we threw at him! I knew he was one of the best goalkeepers in the world and that he’d give us problems. I tried to beat Italy, but couldn’t do it. They are a strong side that could go far in this competition, but we really lost our qualification against Ghana. We should’ve approached it differently and I’m not sure that we did underestimate them, but with so many injuries in the same area of the team, we did what we could.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun22q.html

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
A very great article...

Thank you Amy...

------------------------------------

Cannavaro stays calm amid storm

It was Paolo Maldini who nicknamed him 'Canna'. A cane, a reed that bends but will not break. This capacity to resist, however treacherous the tides, has been the Italian captain's hallmark during this World Cup.

Fabio Cannavaro's captaincy was on the line before a ball had been intercepted. A few careless remarks during the maelstrom of the scandal swirling around Juventus, his club back home, prompted a debate about his suitability to lead Italy into this tournament Canna, as usual, resisted. He did not even bend, never mind come close to breaking.

The diatribes are long forgotten now. Cannavaro has been the most accomplished defender at this World Cup. He has been the only permanent member of Italy's ever-changing back line. He has been imperious. Rigorous. Absolutely in charge. Standing tall at 5ft 9in, he is dwarfed by just about every other centre-half in Germany, yet he has risen serenely above them all, seemingly without a bead of sweat.

Now he is 90 minutes away from an extraordinary footballing achievement. If he can lead his team through their semi-final against Germany, he will stride into the World Cup final on the occasion of his 100th cap. Cannavaro will become the third Italian to reach that milestone, following the example of two former captains of distinction, Dino Zoff and Paolo Maldini. The idea of it is enough to make him blush, as he did when he first represented Italy nearly a decade ago.

He is a typical Neapolitan. The combination of bright blue eyes and dark hair is a giveaway. Spiritually, he is the classic combination of smart, impassioned, proud and a family man. His wife is not the usual Wag model favoured by modern footballers, but a more ordinary, homely, Italian-mamma style. Fans love him even more for that. Good old Canna. Rock-solid guy. 'If there is a model footballer who is loyal, correct and good, that's Cannavaro,' says Italy coach Marcello Lippi.

As a youngster, he observed and learnt from, and eventually succeeded, Ciro Ferrara, a monument at the back of his boyhood club, Napoli (Ferrara is now Lippi's assistant with the Azzurri). Cesare Maldini rewarded the young Cannavaro with a call-up to the under-21s and people who watched those early performances walked away thinking that here is the man who will be the number-one defender in Italy. Their instincts were not wrong.

He was soon on his way from Napoli to Parma, where he developed a career-strong rapport with the goalkeeper, Gianluigi Buffon. The quest for the honours he craved was barely sated in seven years with Parma, though, so he moved to one of the superpowers in 2002. But Internazionale's sad trophy cabinet struggles to retain the interest of prize-hungry players for long, so when Juventus began sniffing around, Cannavaro did not need much persuading to encourage a transfer. The Gazzetta dello Sport reported that he took a wage cut of €1m (about £690,000) a year, so keen was he to become a winner.

Cannavaro has won two Scudetti with Juventus. 'I have gone from being considered a player whose career was finished to a player of steel,' he says. 'Juve have allowed me to show my worth, it has provided me with a challenge that has motivated me.' The legitimacy of those Scudetti is one of the factors that will be decided by the Moggipoli corruption investigation and there is every chance Juventus will be stripped of them around the time of the World Cup final a week today.

Would Cannavaro be among those players who will seek to move on if Juve are further punished by relegation? More likely he would be among the last to jump ship. But there would be no shortage of interested parties in the 32-year-old. His performances have been defensively flawless.

He is a phenomenon. This vertically challenged defender can jump as high as striker Luca Toni, who is a shade over 6ft 4in. What Cannavaro lacks in height, he makes up for in anticipation, positioning, concentration and an explosive leap.

His philosophy? 'I've always been strong physically and I think for a player what happens off the field is even more important,' he says. 'I don't drink or smoke. I eat well, get plenty of sleep and, when the mood takes, sex is good, too.'

His leadership qualities have helped to steady a squad assailed by off-the-pitch turmoil. Although he was caught out speaking out of turn when he expressed support for Luciano Moggi, the wheeler-dealer at the heart of the scandal, he was quick to defend himself and squash the issue before it got out of hand.

'What bothered me the most in these last few weeks was being misinterpreted at that press conference,' he says. 'I never defended Moggi. I said that whoever had made a mistake should pay for it. To a question about him I said he did his job as general manager well. He always behaved in the right way with the team. If I said the opposite I would have been a hypocrite.'

In the build-up to the World Cup, Cannavaro's house was searched by tax police as part of the investigations and he had to return home to answer some questions for the magistrates. But as Italy's World Cup mission began to unfold, the nature of their off-field distractions changed dramatically when former team-mate Gianluca Pessotto was found outside Juventus's offices having fallen from a top-floor window. The Italian tricolore decorated with the message 'Pessottino we are with you', hoisted at the end of the quarter-final in Hamburg, was Cannavaro's idea.

Focus and solidity have provided a vital platform for Italy, especially considering they have not been the most prolific team until Toni finally got the measure of World Cup football, enabling the Azzurri to dispatch Ukraine with an air of conviction in Friday night's quarter-final.

By then, Cannavaro was on his third partner at the heart of the back line, but there is encouraging news about Alessandro Nesta's injury and the Milan stopper hopes to recover fully in time for the semi-final on Tuesday. Cannavaro and Nesta have a well developed understanding. Together they intercept, disturb, pick pockets. They understand each other's moves. The newly enthusiastic Germans have not yet faced a hurdle as obdurate.

Cannavaro is determined to banish international disappointments that include premature exits from the 2002 World Cup and 2004 European Championship. 'For many of us this will be the last opportunity to do well in a World Cup,' he says. 'We've come this far and believe in our abilities, so we can dream of reaching the final. Now that Nesta and [Marco] Materazzi will return to the fold, we'll be stronger than ever.'

Earlier in the competition, when Italy stumbled during the group phase, a German newspaper made a joke about emotional reactions to the team's progress back in Italy by depicting the famous image of a tooting car whizzing through the streets with a flag flying out of the window - a white flag.

Canna would countenance no such thing.

By Amy Lawrence
The Observer

Jul 5, 2005
Buffon praises Juve effort to clean up image
Tips Liverpool to win Champions League

Kevin Azzopardi

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon (centre) answering questions from local journalists yesterday.

Juventus's season in the Serie B, Italy's dejection at losing their bid to host Euro 2012 and the 2006-2007 Champions League were among the topics discussed by Italy's no.1 goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon during a question-and-answer session with members of the local media at the Radisson SAS Baypoint, St Julian's yesterday.

The renowned Juventus goalkeeper yesterday paid a fleeting visit to Malta to help promote the cause of Puttinu Cares Children's Cancer Support Group, who held their third football marathon at the Marsa Sports Ground over the weekend.

Dressed casually, a relaxed Buffon dealt with all the questions put to him with refreshing honesty.

"Juventus have made a bold effort to clear the shadows and skeletons left by the unsavoury events of last summer," Buffon replied to a question about his team's participation in the Serie B this season.

The Bianconeri were demoted to the second division, hit by a nine-point penalty and stripped of their last two league titles for their part in the match-fixing scandal that rocked Italian football last summer.

"The club took it upon itself to set up a new structure composed of new individuals to present a new image of Juventus, one that is more pleasing in the eyes of the general public as well as the sporting world," Buffon added.

"If Juventus manage to stay on the winning trail on the football field as well as gaining sympathy, that would be the maximum but history says it is not possible to achieve both."

Invited to spell out his favourite team for Champions League success this season, Buffon said: "The four teams in the semi-finals (Milan, Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea) are all strong but I think Liverpool are the most focused on winning this competition."

On a personal note, Buffon insisted that his love for the game has not been tarnished by the trials and tribulations of last summer's match-fixing shake-up.

"My love for football has not been sullied by what happened last summer," the 29-year-old Buffon said. "I still have the same enthusiasm for the game I had when I was a boy."

Buffon spoke warmly about the thousands of Juventus fans in Malta.

"For the past four or five years, the Juve club in Malta have been asking me to visit the country and here I am," Buffon said. "I know that Juve have a huge following in Malta and the presence of Maltese fans during matches makes us more aware of the prestige of playing for a club like Juventus."

Asked if he was prepared to help the bid of the local Juve supporters' club (Juve Club Vero Amore) to entice the whole squad to visit Malta, Buffon said: "It's not my task to bring the team over to Malta but if they seek my advice, I would certainly speak positively about Malta."

Despite endless speculation linking him with a move away from Juventus last summer, Buffon decided to stay with the club and help them regain their Serie A status.

His loyalty to the Turin giants sheds a positive light on Buffon's reputation as a man of sound principles.

"It was a difficult situation but my decision to stay with Juventus was inspired by my beliefs and principles," Buffon said.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/core/article.php?id=259247

Jul 5, 2005
Juve deny Toni talk
By Graeme Bailey - Created on 25 Apr 2007

Juventus have denied they are ready to enter the running to sign Luca Toni.

The Italian international is once again being strongly linked with a move away from Fiorentina.

Most of Serie A's big hitters are being linked along with Juve - who are expected to return to the top-flight next term.

However, Juve have played down claims they are set to make an offer.

"I would be a liar if I were to say that I don't admire Toni as he is a great player, but Juventus already have their strikers and we don't need any new ones," said sporting director Alessio Secco told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I don't really want to talk about our market plans, we just want to focus on promotion first and then we will see what happens.

"However, we are very happy that Trezeguet has changed his mind. With him in the squad we are very serene and happy."

Bayern Munich have confirmed that they are interested in Toni - but expect him to remain in Italy.

"We like Luca Toni, it's true, it isn't a secret, but also the big Italian sides want him and it will have to be seen if he will choose us," said Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer.

Meanwhile, Secco admitted that the futures of Fiorentina pair Valeri Bojinov and Manuele Blasi - who Juve have options on - are yet to be decided.

"I haven't spoken with the Viola about Bojinov or Manuele Blasi. If they do not decide to buy the latter then we would be happy to bring him back to Turin," said Secco.

Juve are also reported to be closing in on a deal for Empoli midfielder Sergio Almiron.

"At this moment in time Almiron is closer to Juventus than to other clubs," Almiron's agent Claudio Vagheggi admitted.

"The Turin outfit has expressed its interest and has been more convincing than others, keeping constant contact with Empoli."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=463148&CPID=21&clid=128&lid=&title=Juve+deny+Toni+talk

Jul 5, 2005
Juventus approach Poli Ejido for Sunny
tribalfooball.com - April 24, 2007

Juventus have approached Poli Ejido for exciting Nigerian midfielder Stephen Sunday.

The 18 year-old carries a Spanish passport and was watched by a high-ranking Juve official on Sunday.

'Sunny' is expected to be sold this summer and has Getafe and Valencia also chasing his signature.

Jul 5, 2005
Juventus planning fresh move for AC Milan's Gilardino
tribalfooball.com - April 26, 2007

Juventus are planning a new bid for AC Milan striker Alberto Gilardino.

La Stampa says Gilardino, a self-confessed Juve supporter, is the Bianconeri's No1 target to replace David Trezeguet this summer.

Juve moved for Gilardino at the end of last season and despite his problems in front of goal for Milan, coach Didier Deschamps is convinced he can revive his career.

Juve management have also offered Udinese striker Vincenzo Iaquinta to Deschamps, but the Frenchman is cool on the idea as he believes the World Cup winner wouldn't fit into his system.

Milan could include Gilardino in a deal for Juve goalkeeper Gigi Buffon, who remains a top target for the Rossoneri.

Jul 5, 2005
Barcelona's Saviola set to defect: report

Thu Apr 26, 9:15 AM ET

MADRID (AFP) - Barcelona's Argentine forward Javier Saviola is set to defect to arch-enemies Real Madrid, a sports newspaper said on Thursday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The 25-year-old has agreed to join the nine-time European champions having not received any firm offers on a contract renewal at Barca, according to Marca.

Saviola had been told at the beginning of the season by coach Frank Rijkaard that he was surplus to requirements at Barca and should look for another club.

An injury crisis in attack forced the Dutch coach to recall his diminutive striker and Saviola responded admirably, turning in some impressive displays.

But since star strikers Samuel Eto'o and Ronaldinho have returned to fitness, Saviola has again found himself out on the sidelines.

Real and Barca refused to comment on the reports but Marca claimed that the capital club had pulled off a transfer coup as Saviola will be out of contract at the end of the season and will cost nothing.

The last player to move from Barcelona to Real was Portuguese winger Luis Figo (now at Inter Milan) and his transfer caused much controversy.

Afterwards the two clubs came to an agreement not to poach each other's players in the future as such moves incensed their fans.

Meanwhile, Marca also claimed that Valencia striker David Villa is set to join Juventus next season, despite interest from Chelsea.

Marca said Juve are expecting to lose French striker David Trezeguet, despite his insistence recently that he will stay with the club who will almost certainly play in the Italian top flight next season, and will replace him with Villa.

English newspaper The Sun had claimed on Tuesday that the 25-year-old Spanish international would join Chelsea for 45 million pounds (about 67.5 million euros).

The Spanish press has reported that Valencia would be willing to accept a 70 million euros for Villa.

"If the Chelsea offer suited us, we would not be able to refuse it," Valencia were quoted as saying according to As newspaper.

However, Villa himself said he has no intention of leaving the Spanish champions in 2002 and 2004.

"I have said it 70 times, I feel good at Valencia, otherwise I would never have signed a seven-year contract."

He said his only focus was the last seven matches of the season, with Valencia still harbouring an outside chance of winning the title.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070426/sp_soccer_afp/fblespargitasaviola_070426131530

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Prima di ultimare la cessione di Morrone al Parma il Livorno starebbe tentando di coprire il vuoto a centrocampo che si verrebbe a creare acquistando dalla Juventus il mediano Giuliano Giannichedda, che ha poche speranze di giocare con continuità a Torino. Giannichedda piace però ad altre società di A, come l'Atalanta.

TuttoMercato

Translation:
Livorno are looking to replace the departing Morrone with Juventus midfielder Giannichedda, who has little hope to play in Turin this season. Atalanta also seem to be in the running for his signature.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
La Juventus dovrebbe cedere il venticinquenne attaccante paraguaiano Tomas Guzman al Piacenza. Reduce da un prestito allo Spezia, il venticinquenne attaccante sudamericano sarebbe molto vicino agli emiliani.

TuttoMercato

Translation:
Juventus is looking to offload 25 year old Guzman to Piacenza. The player who spent last season on loan at Spezia, is very near to a transfer with the Emiliani.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)