Arsenal Have Signed Reyes (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
This was Reyes comment on the 'Swollen Balls' incident:

“I felt a nip but didn’t realise what Gallardo had done until I saw the video. The worst thing is the teasing I’m going to get from my team-mates.”

----

Anyway, Reyes won't be eligible for Man City as he carries a suspension with him from Spain, but would be able to play in the Champions League which is a great boost for Arsenal.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
wait a second what happened to him?
I believe the story is as follows: Reyes scored a great goal. Gallardo then joked to another player and said that "that goal is so great, he should be nipped in the balls". The other teammate said he wouldn't dare and (of course) Gallardo felt he had to prove it.

Which resulted into the pic on page 1.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Reyes won't hurt coffers, say Arsenal

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has reassured fans that the signing of Spanish star Jose Antonio Reyes will not jeopardise plans to move to a new ground.

Reyes could end up costing the Gunners £15million, but not all of that will be paid up front, so it does not affect the £250million funding they need for their new stadium at Ashburton Grove.

Hill-Wood said: 'It doesn't affect the stadium, not one bit. We have an amount for transfer fees in our budget and that won't affect the new ground.

'What we have done is use the bulk of the fund in this transfer window rather than wait for the end of the season.'

Hill-Wood gave fans a further reassurance that the arrival of Reyes will not signal the departure of Thierry Henry, who has been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

'No way is he going - to Real Madrid or anywhere else,' Hill-Wood told the Evening Standard.

'That is definite. And I don't think he wants to go. He is very well paid by us and though he could maybe earn more money in Madrid, he is very happy here and he loves both the club and his lifestyle.'

Source: www.soccernet.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
i will never forget that :D
i like reyes and it's just too bad he went to arsenal . i am chanting together with you, zlatan, damn you moggi, damn you to hell!

but I don't mean it as much as you do I think :undecide:
Whats so bad about that!...:fero:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
The only thing I can think of is Bergkamp retiring and Henry moving to Real but ... well ... that's not the most likely case scenario now is it?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Reyes is a very good player. Everytime I saw play he was on the left wing as some have mentioned that is Henry's turf so I shall watch keenly to see where Wenger will place him.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
That's really the question: can Reyes and Henry play together. If one could play that role on the right, the potential would be there for a seriously impresive partnership, but it's not clear what Reyes is capable of yet. We'll know soon enough.

Jul 12, 2002
Come on, y'all. I think it's pretty clear that Reyes is supposed to be Bergkamp's replacement. Whatever you want to say, Bergkamp and Henry together are a dangerous partnership. They are both complete forwards who create as well as they finish. Reyes is in the same mold.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Yes, but Bergkamp started his career under Cruijff at Ajax on the right wing, so he's comfortable on the right, or in the middle, where he plays (and stays) most of the time now, whereas Henry is very much at home on the left of the centre, dropping onto the wing with regularity (the full-back can't deal with Henry and Pires), so they compliment eachother.

Reyes is supposedly in the same mould as Henry - a left-winger who can play as a striker. There may be problems with the whole lot of them running into each other.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Yes, but Bergkamp started his career under Cruijff at Ajax on the right wing, so he's comfortable on the right, or in the middle, where he plays (and stays) most of the time now, whereas Henry is very much at home on the left of the centre, dropping onto the wing with regularity (the full-back can't deal with Henry and Pires), so they compliment eachother.

Reyes is supposedly in the same mould as Henry - a left-winger who can play as a striker. There may be problems with the whole lot of them running into each other.
Henry plays well on both sides, as does Reyes. IMO they should just line them up together and see what happens.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

you never know what wenger has in mind,Mikhail.but like Ian said Reyes would probably replace Bergkamp,i've seen Reyes play as a right winger with sevilla sometimes,which means he can play as a supporting striker on the right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)